Kylie Minogue announces new album "Disco," drops lead single "Say Something"

On 5/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, BritneySpurs said:

I do love X!! It wasn't as cohesive of an album as some of her others and I didn't love the lead single 2 Hearts. But I looooove Like A ****, Speakerphone, The One (omg my fave), and No More Rain! I actually heard that Speakerphone and Nu-di-ty were offered to Britney. 

I've seen Kylie twice (both American tours) and one of her shows was basically the X Tour. It was right after that tour and they used a lot of the performances from it! It was a hot show.

The songs produced by Bloodshy and Avant for Kylie's X (Speakerphone, Nu-di-ty and Cherry Bomb) easily could have fit on Britney's albums (In the Zone, Blackout or Circus) they had the same vibe as Phonography, Showdown and Radar to me, I love them. Also on X, Kylie was the first big popstar to work with Calvin Harris (In my arms, Heart Beat Rock & Love is the ****) and that opened doors for him.

I do love the album, as you said tracks like The One and Like a **** are great, and some others like Magnetic Electric and All I see, to me even 2 Hearts. I'm so jealous of you, her shows seems to be such a mood, she is an Icon. I hope one day Britney can pull a Anti-Tour like Kylie did and perform some of the fan-favorites and B-sides.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, J.R. said:

The songs produced by Bloodshy and Avant for Kylie's X (Speakerphone, Nu-di-ty and Cherry Bomb) easily could have fit on Britney's albums (In the Zone, Blackout or Circus) they had the same vibe as Phonography, Showdown and Radar to me, I love them. Also on X, Kylie was the first big popstar to work with Calvin Harris (In my arms, Heart Beat Rock & Love is the ****) and that opened doors for him.

I do love the album, as you said tracks like The One and Like a **** are great, and some others like Magnetic Electric and All I see, to me even 2 Hearts. I'm so jealous of you, her shows seems to be such a mood, she is an Icon. I hope one day Britney can pull a Anti-Tour like Kylie did and perform some of the fan-favorites and B-sides.

This is my dream! But Britney doesn't sing live so I don't see it ever happening. She would basically have to choreograph a show of only non-hits and I just don't think she ever will.

• Love 1

Smh at all the fake fans not knowing of "Kylie" 88 or "Kylie Minogue" 94 😌😂 lol

Anyways, I do hope "Kylie" is just a placeholder name or something, cuz yeah I agree there's been two main albums (3 if you count IP's brief name change) that are self-titled, and with another it would just be too much lol. We'll see......

On 5/20/2020 at 2:13 AM, BritneySpurs said:

It's okay. It's her Britney Jean - an album that would be good if someone else recorded it but bc Britney & Kylie have such high standards those albums fell flat. It just felt really uninspired and basic. And the tour was the same way.

The singles were also bad choices. Into The Blue is a cute song but not memorable like a first single should be. And the video was very forgettable. I Was Gonna Cancel was a great song but not single-worthy and another boring single. The only good video from that era was Sexercize and that was just a promo single (??).

I think KMO is Kylie's "Glory" era -- a great album with missed opportunities because of bad single choices and lack of promo. Into the Blue was weak and boring, and Cancel was a terrible song hoping to ride on Pharrell's name from his success with "Happy" and "Get Lucky".

29 minutes ago, MonsterOfFame said:

I think KMO is Kylie's "Glory" era -- a great album with missed opportunities because of bad single choices and lack of promo. Into the Blue was weak and boring, and Cancel was a terrible song hoping to ride on Pharrell's name from his success with "Happy" and "Get Lucky".

KMO was Kylie's "Britney Jean" - a good album for another artist, but not up to the high standards of Kylie's caliber. The album itself was okay but not great. Glory is a great album.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

I wish Kylie did a Fever 2.0 instead of KMO. 

KMO is the only Kylie album I can play all the way through. The others I only like a few songs. “Get outta my way” is still on of my top 3 favorite songs...ever...from anyone. Such an underrated masterpiece  

maybe Jordan can reserch if it’true that Kylie’s COMEBACK single for X was supposted to be EXCUSE MY FRENCH, but was denied by early leak. It could by HUGE global GAY HIT:

Rippin’ Up The Disco is everything from X:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Acer said:

maybe Jordan can reserch if it’true that Kylie’s COMEBACK single for X was supposted to be EXCUSE MY FRENCH, but was denied by early leak. It could by HUGE global GAY HIT:

I love excuse my French, I heard that vocals are meant to sound like Kylie because they were pitching it to her. It’s still a mystery despite her and her team denying yet it sounds so much like her.  I agree it could have been a huge hit. It’s so addicting. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 6/7/2020 at 9:26 AM, Acer said:

The fact was you had to put the X CD in your computer to access ripping up the disco.

However when it came to X. A lot of critics and some fans were upset that she didn't make the album about overcoming her cancer.

I know No more rain started out as a bloodshy and Avant track. All three were smart to realize that this track needes a different producer than the electro vlub vibes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block