Kylie Minogue announces new album "Disco," drops lead single "Say Something"

As long as she deliver some power-bottom-anthem bops, i'm ok with another experimental effort like IP or Golden. 

KMO is a B+ álbum, and Golden is a solid good album, but none of them had the greatness level of aphrodite or X.

I need to dance, and Kylie has always been one of my favorite and sexiest inspiration to rock the dancefloor.gay men GIF

• Love 2
5 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

You’re LYING!!!! If Britney released get outta my way I would have DIED!!!! It’s LITERALLY one of my top 5 favorite songs EVER! What could’ve been....lol

Right?! I honestly can't really see Britney singing it - it's kind of perfect for Kylie. I think it's a little too slow for Brit which is great for Kylie bc she doesn't really dance. It was offered to a few people before Kylie got it:

'Get Outta My Way' was originally shopped around to several artists including Britney, Alexandra Burke and Pixie Lott, and Wynter Gordon also wrote a song to the Cutfather-produced instrumental. But ultimately it was Kylie who nabbed the song, apparently due to the fact that the other potential candidates were too slow to respond.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

Yeah Kylie is very hit or miss with me. The closest album she release that I didn’t skip hardly any songs was kiss me once, and that is her most hated album. Lol. But the songs that I love from Kylie, I LOVE! But the ones I really dislike, I REALLY dislike lol

Which other ones do you love? Kylie is my 2nd fave after Britney =) I went to both of her US tours! And just curious but when did you get into her? I got into her in 2002 with Can't Get You Out Of My Head so I got Light Years and Fever which were fresh at the time. Then of course I've gotten all of her albums when they came out. I can see if you became a fan later and listened to some of her albums years later how they might not seem great.

5 hours ago, ScooterScott86 said:

KMO isn’t bad any, it’s a great album better if you’re needing musical distraction. In no way a bad album. I Was Gonna Cancel mmm chef’s kiss brilliant, mindless pop. Which is what we need right now precisely. I might visit KMO now, thank you :)

It's okay. It's her Britney Jean - an album that would be good if someone else recorded it but bc Britney & Kylie have such high standards those albums fell flat. It just felt really uninspired and basic. And the tour was the same way.

I was disappointed bc after Timebomb and Skirt (which I LOVED!) I thought her next album was going to go in that direction but it was so much tamer. I much prefer her Garibay EPs that came out after KMO. She should have just grouped those songs together with a few other tracks for an album instead of KMO. The best songs from KMO era are the unreleased tracks lol she could have used those too.

The singles were also bad choices. Into The Blue is a cute song but not memorable like a first single should be. And the video was very forgettable. I Was Gonna Cancel was a great song but not single-worthy and another boring single. The only good video from that era was Sexercize and that was just a promo single (??).

Overall it was just a bad era.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

Right?! I honestly can't really see Britney singing it - it's kind of perfect for Kylie. I think it's a little too slow for Brit which is great for Kylie bc she doesn't really dance. It was offered to a few people before Kylie got it:

'Get Outta My Way' was originally shopped around to several artists including Britney, Alexandra Burke and Pixie Lott, and Wynter Gordon also wrote a song to the Cutfather-produced instrumental. But ultimately it was Kylie who nabbed the song, apparently due to the fact that the other potential candidates were too slow to respond.

Agreed. It was perfect for Kylie. The video gives me chills. I hate that I don’t like more of her music but the few Kylie songs I love, I LIVE for! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

Which other ones do you love? Kylie is my 2nd fave after Britney =) I went to both of her US tours! And just curious but when did you get into her? I got into her in 2002 with Can't Get You Out Of My Head so I got Light Years and Fever which were fresh at the time. Then of course I've gotten all of her albums when they came out. I can see if you became a fan later and listened to some of her albums years later how they might not seem great.

I love get outta my way, too much, can’t get you out of my head and most of kiss me once. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ol123 said:

I'm nervous about her working with Mirwais. His work on Madame X... well, we don't need to talk about that. :eheeek:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that the Mirwais produced work we got on Madame X was heavily "altered" by Mike Dean.  Of course, I can't back that up with any evidence, but it's just a gut feeling with his involvement with Rebel Heart and Madame X combined.  

8 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

The song fell into the right hands. Can’t imagine anyone else doing the song justice as Miss Minogue has.

• Love 1
On 5/19/2020 at 5:47 PM, BritneySpurs said:

I LOVE Kylie - she's my 2nd fave after Britney - but I really want her to go back to dance-pop. Her last album, Golden, was great but it get very boring. If she's going to experiment with a different genre of music, then do a song or two, not a full album. I don't want another experimental album. And the album before that, Kiss Me Once, was bland. She should just go back to doing what she does best. Her best albums are Light Years, Fever, and Aphrodite!

What about X? That is my favorite album of hers! So many bops

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

What about X? That is my favorite album of hers! So many bops

I do love X!! It wasn't as cohesive of an album as some of her others and I didn't love the lead single 2 Hearts. But I looooove Like A ****, Speakerphone, The One (omg my fave), and No More Rain! I actually heard that Speakerphone and Nu-di-ty were offered to Britney. 

I've seen Kylie twice (both American tours) and one of her shows was basically the X Tour. It was right after that tour and they used a lot of the performances from it! It was a hot show.

• Like 1
On 5/20/2020 at 2:13 AM, BritneySpurs said:

It's okay. It's her Britney Jean - an album that would be good if someone else recorded it but bc Britney & Kylie have such high standards those albums fell flat. It just felt really uninspired and basic. And the tour was the same way.

I was disappointed bc after Timebomb and Skirt (which I LOVED!) I thought her next album was going to go in that direction but it was so much tamer. I much prefer her Garibay EPs that came out after KMO. She should have just grouped those songs together with a few other tracks for an album instead of KMO. The best songs from KMO era are the unreleased tracks lol she could have used those too.

The singles were also bad choices. Into The Blue is a cute song but not memorable like a first single should be. And the video was very forgettable. I Was Gonna Cancel was a great song but not single-worthy and another boring single. The only good video from that era was Sexercize and that was just a promo single (??).

Overall it was just a bad era.

omg yes....

stomps firmly upon KMO :kyliecry:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block