Serious Poll: Who had the most disappointing decade? Why?

Serious Question – Who Had The Most Disappointing Decade? Why?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the war is definitely between Lorde-Xtina-Miley-Britney.
Don't get me wrong, but I thought that over time Britney would improve her attitude to music, but with the tutelage it only got worse. He released one of the worst pop albums of the decade, however, he had a successful residency (something very difficult) and remains a benchmark for millions in the world.
Lorde ... we all expected more from her, but you have to understand that the girl is more of an "artist" so she is not going to take out as much material as a machine.
Xtina could be disappointing, however she is a veteran of music, there are some bionic songs that are good, lotus is excellent and liberation is quite mediocre. However it was part of a successful show.
I finally chose Miley. Really believed that after Bangerz she would be a new Madonna, however when she changed her musical style from psychedelic-countryp-trap-rock ... It may be multifaceted and charismatic (I personally love she) but his drastic musical changes are confusing and PLEASE GIRL THE GAYS WE LOVE A DANCE-TWERK *****. She certainly missed being more successful than Justin Bieber today.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:38 AM, vzlafan said:

Well Difficult but i could say Madonna she had 3 tours during this decade but one worst than the other and her latest records compared to the past decade it was very low budget.

Madonna, after MDNA she wasnt as good performer as she used to be and she put out all trash albums this decade (Hard Candy is her last good album)

And XTina

Yes!

On 5/15/2020 at 3:28 AM, babyimmafreak90 said:

JLo: still managed hits, didn’t age, successfully residency. 

Jlo is always disappointing. Worst singer ever, she aint even the best dancer/entertainer. She is just a Talentless product

Rihanna: ANTI and Fenty Beauty have elevated Rihanna to mogul status.

Riri 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Katy: huge ‘10-‘15, flop era still sold well comparatively, highest paid celebrity judge on AI. 

Shes an overrated fad

Lady Gaga

Gaga did great.

• Haha 1

It's Christina for sure. Here's some hurtful facts: 

Christina released 16 SONGS (including features) after Say Something and none cracked the Hot 100. :unreal:

Fall In Line, which featured Demi couldnt even chart after a performance at the BBMAs, peaking at #17 on Digital Song Sales :pretends:

Liberation charted for TWO WEEKS on the Billboard 200. :airpls:

Her residency didnt get even one sold out show to date. :queenie:

Her Liberation tour had to decrease most of its venue capacity, with her Paris show selling only 49% tickets. :wigsnatched:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

Jlo is always disappointing. Worst singer ever, she aint even the best dancer/entertainer. She is just a Talentless product

Riri 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Shes an overrated fad

Gaga did great.

Thanks for your criticisms of my opinions, but I stand by what I said. I don’t like JLo, but she’s still raking in the coin. I agree she isn’t all that talented, but I suppose staying relevant is a talent :clicktina:

Good argument for Riri and all but Fenty Beauty is slaying. She’s a mogul now, to deny this is delusion :riha:

Katy might be overrated, but she’s still on Forbes top 10 highest earners  because she knows how to make coin. 

Gaga, who I am a fan of, started out with a bang and lost half her fans with her Jazz album and refusal to release pop music. Lady Gaga could have done more, but she had to chase critical acclaim at the detriment of her fan base. Don’t even start on the half cooked attempt at the Artpop era :nicki2:

Demi still outflopped them all so :chrissy:

After revisiting this thread, I can’t believe Britney is in front of Demi. 
FF was a huge era for her and her Vegas residency was a massive success. Did she reach the heights of peak Britney? Of course not. How tf do you do that when you’ve set the bar so high? But by the start of this decade, she had seen and done it all. And all the stars going to Vegas after her. Trendsetter-ney lives and she’s still showing h03s how it’s done :bedtime:

36 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Demi still outflopped them all so :chrissy:

At least she has a decent amount of talent unlike Rihanna, JLO and Katy :chrissy:

37 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Gaga, who I am a fan of, started out with a bang and lost half her fans with her Jazz album and refusal to release pop music. Lady Gaga could have done more, but she had to chase critical acclaim at the detriment of her fan base. Don’t even start on the half cooked attempt at the Artpop era :nicki2:

GAGA SLAYED THE 2010S along with Bey and Ariana. The other talentless manufractured non-singing popstars like Rih, Katy, Jlo, Nicki, Miley, Selena, Taylor etc. they dont matter. They arent even good entertainers, they are here for nothing.

• Love 1

What did Christina do in the 2010’s :whatitellu:

like I’m being serious. I love Bionic. I think it’s one of the most experimental, forward thinking and underrated pop albums of all time. I love it! But no one did at the time :jlostare:

from horrible single choices to the tour being cancelled to wrong single choices to the era being cut short due to the Burlesque film to no one understanding it, Bionic was a flop :crying1:

then Lotus was not it :awks:

it was just really boring and generic, had no hits and literally did nothing for her career, I can’t remember the last time I made it past like track 2 on that album :gagacrash:

then she disappeared for ages and came back with her first tour in over 10 years, a Vegas Residency and a new album :bop:

while she was back performing better then ever and her music was the best it had been since Bionic but she still failed to reach any commercial success :decisions:

but tbh who cares :staysalty:

she’s still making good music, performing good, making her fans happy and making money so even if she doesn’t get much commercial success and make no impact, in my eyes she’s doing well :saycheese:

16 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Britney SLAYED in vegas. The shows, the choreographies, the production.. everything. She outdone herself.

Well, this we can almost agree on. Outdid herself in terms of consistency in her performing? Yes. But not outdone peak Britney. But that is an unfair battle lbr.

17 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

At least she has a decent amount of talent unlike Rihanna, JLO and Katy :chrissy:

GAGA SLAYED THE 2010S along with Bey and Ariana. The other talentless manufractured non-singing popstars like Rih, Katy, Jlo, Nicki, Miley, Selena, Taylor etc. they dont matter. They arent even good entertainers, they are here for nothing.

Talent and success aren’t the same thing. I’m marking my opinions off who had the most successes. All of those other girls had more success than Demi.

As for Gaga, I’ve been a fan from the start. Her fans were very well fed 09-13 but the Artpop era started her undoing. 7 years between pop albums when your fans are pop music fans? What was she thinking? :didilie:

And she was almost off the map before ASIB. Lucky she did slay that. 

And I respectfully must disagree that Rih, Nicki, Miley and Taylor aren’t talented. 
JHo and Selena however... :chershade:

13 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Rih, Nicki, Miley and Taylor aren’t talented. 
JHo and Selena however... :chershade:

They sadly made the music industry a place where now talent isnt very appreciated and now standards are low as hell and now its all about image, *** appeal and money. I hate these untalented people 👎

9 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

ARTPOP era had a successful tour though

And 2 Top 10 songs and the album itself still managed to go #1. I love ARTPOP and it's probably the Gaga album that I listen to most often. 

Anyway to answer the question: A threeway tie between Madonna, Xtina and, Miley. Madonna released her 3 worst albums this past decade, Xtina never recovered from the Bionic disaster, and Miley had so much potential after Bangerz but didn't achieve anything quite as successful.  

• Love 1

I voted Xtina for that list because im a fan and she was very very big in the 00's and i was expected more.

Nelly Furtado is more correct option anyway.

Fergie its a correct option too.

Oh or Gwen Stefani.

Lorde is the less succes but she is a one hit wonder so no disappointing. And Ciara its not succes Internacional. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block