Serious Poll: Who had the most disappointing decade? Why?

Serious Question – Who Had The Most Disappointing Decade? Why?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

We (not you)Β count it as an achievement.Β Because it should be. Because it is an achievement to Britney's credit. And Moves Like Jagger is no different. But you wouldn't understand cause you're not part of the WE. :imacat:

also my point still stands my life feels threatened and I feel uncomfortable right now...

all for speaking the truth

my truth

it was just a poll and i paid the toll

:kyliecry:

On 5/15/2020 at 3:13 AM, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

don't really know why people are voting Demi... to be disappointing people have to have high expectations of you in the first place...

I voted Katy Perry... One of The Boys and Teenage Dream were great albums and I stanned her pretty hard but starting with PRISM her music just got really basic and boring, and then Witness was a huge flop even tho I thought it was a decent album. Now she has fallen hard and barely charts, idk something feels missing that was present on her first 2 albums. :/Β 

I love PRISM

3 minutes ago, glorytotheworld said:

All I did was call out that it was a feature?

You said I was generalizing Britney fans. So I excluded you. And then when I did exclude you,Β you say you're scared for yourself and for the lurkers. It's not my fault that you resort to guilt tripping when people serve it to you.Β :imacat:

The fact that you're doing multiple replies to my posts just shows how pressedΒ you are. But go off.Β :chrissy:

• Content Curators

It will have to be Britney / Christina for sure.

Demi did pretty well regardless of her personal life. 'Cool For The Summer', 'Sorry Not Sorry', 'Solo', 'Heart Attack', 'Skyscraper', and 'Give Your Heart A Break' were solo hits. She only flopped the past 2 years, so as far as a decade goes I wouldn't count her in.

Xtina kinda onlyΒ had 'Moves Like Jagger' and 'Say Something'. There's a 6-year-gap between Lotus and Liberation, and all 3 of her albums made 0 impact.

As for Britney, the first half of the decade was pretty good for her even though she didn't care at all, 3 strong singles from Femme Fatale + a free #1 hit from Rihanna, S&S and Work *****, also she started the trend of Vegas residency for younger and relevant artists, but Britney Jean happened and the rest of the decade is a big flop.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, glorytotheworld said:

Christina Aguilera.

"Stripped" and "Back 2 Basics" positioned her as an artist to watch and both were really good but she never was able to make her albums afterwards have a clear vision.

Her next three albums were all good. But that's it. Just good.

"Bionic" was a good record marred by its choice of songs on the standard edition . It had a handful of great songs but also had just as many mediocre ones. "Monday Morning" and "Elastic Love" should have been singles and "You Lost Me" was lost on listeners because as beautiful of a song as it is, it clashed up against "Not Myself Tonight"

"Lotus" was bad...It had like three good songs, one great song and the rest were beneath her. "Let There Be Love" should have been the first single.

"Liberation" was good. She picked the right songs as singles but the public lost interest already.

I think the last time the public was here for her was in the 2000's too. She had all this potential with single choices too.

I would say Katy Perry next because she was on the top and instantly plummeted faster than anyone in the last ten years.

:kidcries:

This is literally my opinion to a T.Β 
Christina is SO talented. Nobody here is going to question that. But β€˜Bionic’ was handled so poorly with the single choices, And they did the exact same thing with β€˜Lotus’

35 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

Britney, Christina and Madonna honestly this decade sucked for fans of their musicΒ 

I disagree that the last decade sucked for Britney. We got femme fatale and glory. While FF wasn’t her best, it was a great album, and glory is in my trinity. But Britney did leave us wanting more (we want more, so please give us more Brit).

But I’ve got nothing for Madonna and XtinaΒ ha ha lol GIF

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Invitation said:

It will have to be Britney / Christina for sure.

Demi did pretty well regardless of her personal life. 'Cool For The Summer', 'Sorry Not Sorry', 'Solo', 'Heart Attack', 'Skyscraper', and 'Give Your Heart A Break' were solo hits. She only flopped the past 2 years, so as far as a decade goes I wouldn't count her in.

Xtina kinda onlyΒ had 'Moves Like Jagger' and 'Say Something'. There's a 6-year-gap between Lotus and Liberation, and all 3 of her albums made 0 impact.

As for Britney, the first half of the decade was pretty good for her even though she didn't care at all, 3 strong singles from Femme Fatale + a free #1 hit from Rihanna, S&S and Work *****, also she started the trend of Vegas residency for younger and relevant artists, but Britney Jean happened and the rest of the decade is a big flop.

Demi did pretty well this past decade? I cannotΒ laugh laughing GIF

Β 

5 hours ago, Slave_4_u said:

Britney, Christina and Madonna honestly this decade sucked for fans of their musicΒ 

Honestly Madonna has NOTHING to prove anymore, and Rebel Heart was a good cherryΒ on her huge career cake. :staysalty:
At 50-60 she still made great performances and tours, still made great videos, and still is copied by all the new *****es.Β :imdying:
Sure Madame X sucked. Who cares ?! she's has 13 great albums to ride with, and 30 years of archives to look at.:madance:
I STILL don't find, the fascination I have with her or Britney, with ANY of the new girls. :begone:Β 
There almost all disappointing,Β if you ask me... And Pop is just not what it used to be anymore... :wendycry:Β Image associΓ©e

• Love 1
On 5/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, babyimmafreak90 said:

Lorde: critics adore her, cult following.

I voted Christina just to be cool, but I think Lorde could be one of the most disappointing ones. Tbh, I didn't even remember her until I saw this poll :haha:

She was shoved down my throat with that one hit of hers as if she was the next big ***t on this planet only to never hear from her ever again in my life. If that's not disappointing, I don't know what else is.

Even if Christina's solo albums weren't that successful, at least her stand alone collaboration singles were great, and she had many of them

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Uhhh, wasn’t talking about her weight, sweetie. Β :jj:

Well you definitely can’t be talking about huge on the charts again because I don’t even remember the last time Xtina charted. Maybe 2012? Her career is anything but huge. Her lip fillers are a different storyΒ stephanie pratt lips sealed GIF by The Hills: New Beginnings

• Love 1
On 5/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, Roxxy said:

:omg:

OMG I voted and replied before reading the original post.Β :ohwut:

What is this Xtina slander.Β :chrissy:Β You really out here claiming she had a disappointing decade when sheΒ madeΒ The Voice. SheΒ builtΒ The Voice.Β She isΒ The Voice. When she got a Hot 100 #1 last withΒ Moves Like JaggerΒ which outsold all of Britney's singles combined for the entire 2010s decade. WhenΒ she also won a Grammy for Say Something. And you dare call her lastΒ decade a disappointment. :fakecry:

All these things, Demi did not do or achieve in the 2010s.Β But you tried it though.Β :byetina:

Moves like a jagger- 7 million

Britneys total 2010s single sales- 23.8 million

Girl, you sure about that?:ohwut:

• Like 1

Xtina but only because none of the albums she released the past decade actually did well for her. She's at least had a few collabs that have been hits (Moves Like Jagger, Feel This Moment etc.) and is still relevant doing The Voice and whatnot.Β 

4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

In the US alone, it has outsold Britney's two biggest digital sellersΒ WomanizerΒ andΒ Scream & ShoutΒ both sold onlyΒ 4M. MLJ is certified 9x platinum in the US alone. Her next big sellers is TTWE only at 2M and the rest just crossed 1M in digital sales. The rest barely made platinum. And we know MLJ is a worldwide smash. So if we include EU numbers, it's really over for Brit. :mattafact:

But nobody really cares about US sales tho:beysip:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block