Serious Poll: Who had the most disappointing decade? Why?

Serious Question – Who Had The Most Disappointing Decade? Why?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly I voted for Britney. It was a decade full of potential for Britney, which got messed by no promotion and her horrible team and RCA:wendycry: lady Gaga could’ve done better:mhm: but I let it be after her 2018 renaissance with ASIB soundtrack. Katy perry basically ruled 2010-2015 which is a quarter of the decade:yaknow: witness flopped hard for obvious reasons and that was only in the late 2010s, when competition was strong and there was a new wave of upcoming singers:kyliecry: Ariana Grande has been one of the hugest pop artist of the decade anyways. At a point when Sweetener flopped, her personal life was spiraling, people thought she was just an artist that exist and would never be an upfront artist, the GP didn’t like her that much except for My everything and dangerous woman era:blast:. She came back with Thank u, next and the album was the second best-selling album of 2019 selling 3 million units WW, Her first 2 no.1s of this era and she was legit unstoppable:typing: the only artist whom overtook her was Billie since she was an upcoming artist. Ari legit became the hugest artist of the late 2010s after that era:umomg: Let’s not even talk about Taylor swift and Rihanna:haha: Xtina who?:jtum:

Xtina for me for sure. In the 2000s I stanned her so much. She was my 2nd favorite behind Britney, but she really dropped the ball. I was still a Stan when she released Bionic, I had tickets to go to the tour. But that era was so mishandled. Not myself tonight was really good, but it did seem a bit like it was copying Gaga, woohoo is a horrible song imo, you lost me is a gorgeous ballad, but the video was awful and it should have been a 4th or 5th single. Doing the voice was a terrible choice, she may have had more exposure, but it didn’t help her aside from Say Something maybe, and jumping on a Maroon 5 song that probably would have been a hit without her. Lotus had some really good songs, and a lot of eh songs. Your body is a banger, but there was never another video or anything. Then a 6year wait, and she release accelerate which is an awful song and video. The liberation album is not very good and does a half *** tour and residency. Plus didn’t she become the Oreo spokesperson this decade? Sorry, that’s just embarrassing. She also didn’t sound good live in a lot of her performances this decade. That Whitney tribute she did was terrible. She messed up the National anthem at the super bowl. Her fashion choices were awful. Didn’t she pee or have tanner running down her leg at Etta James funeral last decade too? Sorry, she was just a mess. She’s fallen down pretty far from being 2nd fave. also all the bad plastic surgery :ohwut:

I wouldn’t vote for Demi, because I never really think she reached a point where I feel like I could be disappointed by her. She’s just never really made it to the same level as most of the pop stars listed here. Lorde is the only one who she’s probably done better than. 

For Britney, it’s a little disappointing, because she could have done more and been better. BUT she still had some really good moments. Femme Fatale may have not been the best in terms of her performances, but HIAM hit number one and TTWE and IWG were big hits. Scream & Shout was a huge hit. The femme fatale tour was successful. Work ***** and Make Me were both minor hits. I mean at least they made it to the top 20 while others could only be on the bubbling under chart. Glory was a fantastic album. AND she set a new trend of younger acts doing Vegas Residencies, which several of the ladies on here followed. Plus her booming perfume line. Britney Jean was a disappointment to many, and how music videos/singles were handled. But career wise it was still a pretty good decade for Britney. 

• Love 1

I voted for Christina. I'm a fan but she has had the most disappointing career... At this point she is background noise. She has a beautiful voice and everyone knows that she carries the voice within, but the GP has lost interest in her. She won a grammy for that one sad song...didn't know that. MLJ? Hi, Maroon Five who got their own Super Bowl and didn't bother giving that song a performance :hahaha: When you are hot headed like Christina was in the 00's you get a Demi...Christina had lotus in 2012 that flopped...even with promo. She didn't release anything for six years besides the singles she was featured on. 

Like it or not X-Tina is a feature and Britney is the main event. Britney had a hit album in 2011 with 3 top tens, had the FFT that was successful. BJ still had a recognizable hit WB. Britney's Vegas Residency turned Vegas into another music hub and Christina followed it :tired:

MIND YOU I have bought all of Christina Aguilera's albums :deserves:

2 hours ago, SelinaKyle said:

Honestly Madonna has NOTHING to prove anymore, and Rebel Heart was a good cherry on her huge career cake. :staysalty:
At 50-60 she still made great performances and tours, still made great videos, and still is copied by all the new *****es. :imdying:
Sure Madame X sucked. Who cares ?! she's has 13 great albums to ride with, and 30 years of archives to look at.:madance:
I STILL don't fine the fascination I have with her or Britney, with ANY of the new girls. :begone: 
There almost all disappointing, if you ask me... And Pop is just not what it used to be anymore... :wendycry: Image associée

Absolutely I agree with you 100 percent! Madonna doesn't need to prove anything anymore...and I still care way more about the old girls that why I said them, I'm not really aware of other pop music careers to be disappointed in them, like Demi for example or Ariana Grande, I could give a **** I don't follow them...still doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed with Madonna or Britney this decade.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I disagree that the last decade sucked for Britney. We got femme fatale and glory. While FF wasn’t her best, it was a great album, and glory is in my trinity. But Britney did leave us wanting more (we want more, so please give us more Brit).

But I’ve got nothing for Madonna and Xtina ha ha lol GIF

I hate FF and Glory nothing like her old albums 

12 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

I hate FF and Glory nothing like her old albums 

Glory wasn’t meant to be like any of her other albums, which she stated. It was a more mature take on her previous sound. My goodness, if every album sounded like BOMT, she wouldn’t still be relevant. You have to evolve. Please rank Britney’s albums since you hate glory and femme fatale. Please don’t tell me you out Bologna Juice higher than them britney spears starbucks GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

Well you definitely can’t be talking about huge on the charts again because I don’t even remember the last time Xtina charted. Maybe 2012? Her career is anything but huge. Her lip fillers are a different story stephanie pratt lips sealed GIF by The Hills: New Beginnings

Not the charts or anything like that, that’s  beside the point. I mean she’s huge again as in she’s having a huge and positive effects on people, it’s a good thing!  Only fake fans choose to focus on such trivial aspects of an artists career, the music and live performances are what’s really worth giving attention to, they have the Biggest Impact on people. She’s making fans feel good and Liberated, and I love it!!  :clap:   :lizzie:   :prettyney:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Glory wasn’t meant to be like any of her other albums, which she stated. It was a more mature take on her previous sound. My goodness, if every album sounded like BOMT, she wouldn’t still be relevant. You have to evolve. Please rank Britney’s albums since you hate glory and femme fatale. Please don’t tell me you out Bologna Juice higher than them britney spears starbucks GIF

From highest to lowest 

OIDIA

BOMT

BLACKOUT

ITZ

BRITNEY

CIRCUS

The rest don't make my list 

It's obviously not about different sounds, I'm all for that,  but I feel Britney’s albums lost some spark in the last decade, they sound generic to me.

11 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

From highest to lowest 

OIDIA

BOMT

BLACKOUT

ITZ

BRITNEY

CIRCUS

The rest don't make my list 

It's obviously not about different sounds, I'm all for that,  but I feel Britney’s albums lost some spark in the last decade, they sound generic to me.

Circus is over glory? I am...shook. 

5 hours ago, Slave_4_u said:

Britney, Christina and Madonna honestly this decade sucked for fans of their music 

nahhh Madonna fans are fine trust me. Charts aside, we got an amazing Tour with MDNA, a solid pop album/era with Rebel Heart, and her best album since American Life with Madame X, with amazing videos and (from what I've heard) a great tour.

3 hours ago, SelinaKyle said:

Honestly Madonna has NOTHING to prove anymore, and Rebel Heart was a good cherry on her huge career cake. :staysalty:
At 50-60 she still made great performances and tours, still made great videos, and still is copied by all the new *****es. :imdying:
Sure Madame X sucked. Who cares ?! she's has 13 great albums to ride with, and 30 years of archives to look at.:madance:

are you really implying that MDNA and Rebel Heart are better than Madame X? :nonono:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I voted Christina just to be cool, but I think Lorde could be one of the most disappointing ones. Tbh, I didn't even remember her until I saw this poll :haha:

She was shoved down my throat with that one hit of hers as if she was the next big ***t on this planet only to never hear from her ever again in my life. If that's not disappointing, I don't know what else is.

Even if Christina's solo albums weren't that successful, at least her stand alone collaboration singles were great, and she had many of them

Lorde is definitely C list. I don’t get the critical acclaim for her. 
But at least she has that. Not everyone has that to their credit :demi:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Xtina for me for sure. In the 2000s I stanned her so much. She was my 2nd favorite behind Britney, but she really dropped the ball. I was still a Stan when she released Bionic, I had tickets to go to the tour. But that era was so mishandled. Not myself tonight was really good, but it did seem a bit like it was copying Gaga, woohoo is a horrible song imo, you lost me is a gorgeous ballad, but the video was awful and it should have been a 4th or 5th single. Doing the voice was a terrible choice, she may have had more exposure, but it didn’t help her aside from Say Something maybe, and jumping on a Maroon 5 song that probably would have been a hit without her. Lotus had some really good songs, and a lot of eh songs. Your body is a banger, but there was never another video or anything. Then a 6year wait, and she release accelerate which is an awful song and video. The liberation album is not very good and does a half *** tour and residency. Plus didn’t she become the Oreo spokesperson this decade? Sorry, that’s just embarrassing. She also didn’t sound good live in a lot of her performances this decade. That Whitney tribute she did was terrible. She messed up the National anthem at the super bowl. Her fashion choices were awful. Didn’t she pee or have tanner running down her leg at Etta James funeral last decade too? Sorry, she was just a mess. She’s fallen down pretty far from being 2nd fave. also all the bad plastic surgery :ohwut:

I wouldn’t vote for Demi, because I never really think she reached a point where I feel like I could be disappointed by her. She’s just never really made it to the same level as most of the pop stars listed here. Lorde is the only one who she’s probably done better than. 

For Britney, it’s a little disappointing, because she could have done more and been better. BUT she still had some really good moments. Femme Fatale may have not been the best in terms of her performances, but HIAM hit number one and TTWE and IWG were big hits. Scream & Shout was a huge hit. The femme fatale tour was successful. Work ***** and Make Me were both minor hits. I mean at least they made it to the top 20 while others could only be on the bubbling under chart. Glory was a fantastic album. AND she set a new trend of younger acts doing Vegas Residencies, which several of the ladies on here followed. Plus her booming perfume line. Britney Jean was a disappointment to many, and how music videos/singles were handled. But career wise it was still a pretty good decade for Britney. 

Your part about Demi is exactly how I feel. I feel like she's always been a tier if not tiers lower than other A-list pop stars, and having several hits already exceeds my expectations for her. 

In 10 years, I'm thinking Katy would be the one winning this poll for me, but she had massive success all the way in 2010s until Witness and her meltdown era.

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Honestly I voted for Britney. It was a decade full of potential for Britney, which got messed by no promotion and her horrible team and RCA:wendycry: lady Gaga could’ve done better:mhm: but I let it be after her 2018 renaissance with ASIB soundtrack. Katy perry basically ruled 2010-2015 which is a quarter of the decade:yaknow: witness flopped hard for obvious reasons and that was only in the late 2010s, when competition was strong and there was a new wave of upcoming singers:kyliecry: Ariana Grande has been one of the hugest pop artist of the decade anyways. At a point when Sweetener flopped, her personal life was spiraling, people thought she was just an artist that exist and would never be an upfront artist, the GP didn’t like her that much except for My everything and dangerous woman era:blast:. She came back with Thank u, next and the album was the second best-selling album of 2019 selling 3 million units WW, Her first 2 no.1s of this era and she was legit unstoppable:typing: the only artist whom overtook her was Billie since she was an upcoming artist. Ari legit became the hugest artist of the late 2010s after that era:umomg: Let’s not even talk about Taylor swift and Rihanna:haha: Xtina who?:jtum:

You made some great points.... but then I realized none of them are credible because you dogged Taylor Swift, and her relevance 😂

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, dr35 said:

You made some great points.... but then I realized none of them are credible because you dogged Taylor Swift, and her relevance 😂

No I didnt. I just meant to say that we don’t need to talk about Rihanna and Taylor Swift because we already know how huge and famous they are:didilie: why waste words?😂

Christina Aguilera.

Her career has just continued to go down, she doesn't even try to dance or put on a show anymore, her albums aren't good and she's just been very disappointing this decade. It all started going downhill with Bionic but her B2B album wasn't very good but it was a good era.

16 hours ago, Roxxy said:

You said I was generalizing Britney fans. So I excluded you. And then when I did exclude you, you say you're scared for yourself and for the lurkers. It's not my fault that you resort to guilt tripping when people serve it to you. :imacat:

The fact that you're doing multiple replies to my posts just shows how pressed you are. But go off. :chrissy:

LOL

I am not acting like I'm twelve posting pikachu gifs on a forum that is struggling (and stanning Christina). I sincerely hope you aren't someone over the age of thirty otherwise... :billie:

You are a ****ty mod by any standards so I will go off. You are not able to be objective and sound like a flippant 12 year old who can't handle criticism of a pop star's career (Xtincta is that you?)

@JordanMiller Good luck with this forum. Your main moderator is toxic and is probably a reason most people lurk and don't post on here. How they engage new members and have a clique of people that are able to post questionable things constantly is probably another factor. My bf and I started checking out the forum/website daily when glory came out and now we won't be.

I'm sure you don't care. But I have no problem saying it because it is what it is.

Good luck.

:goat:

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, babyimmafreak90 said:

I’m gonna have to say Demi, mainly because she made next to no impact against her peers and her personal struggles (and personality) have really held her back. 

Everyone else on the list furthered their careers in a more significant way: 

Britney: biggest radio era of her career, 2 #1s, 3 top 10s and 2 top 20s, 4 years of one of the highest selling residences etc. 

Christina: The most artistically creative album released, maintained work and presence from judging The Voice (although Christina is runner up for worst decade imo)

Ari: Recently reached her current peak, one of the only pop stars charting. 

Gaga: most of her popularity was during the last decade and she was pretty huge. 

Madonna: still achieving critical acclaim and setting tour records despite ageism within the industry. 

Miley: 2013 VMAs and bangers outsold, outimpacted and outiconed Demi’s whole career. Achieved main pop girl status for a hot minute. 

Taylor: arguably the biggest pop star on the planet during the 10’s  

Selena: Revival and her hits from that era are still talked about. 

Adele: sold more albums with 21 and 25 than some artists on the list could ever sell, universally adored.

Lorde: critics adore her, cult following. 

Rihanna: ANTI and Fenty Beauty have elevated Rihanna to mogul status. 

Katy: huge ‘10-‘15, flop era still sold well comparatively, highest paid celebrity judge on AI. 

JLo: still managed hits, didn’t age, successfully residency. 

I spent too much time on this comment but have thoroughly justified why Demi is 10’s queen of flop :peasants:

I   didn't see this comment when I    originally made the post! However, my friend, your response is fantastic! These were pretty much my exact thoughts. 

Only thing we flopped is our top 2, and to be honesty the only reason I  put Christina above Demi is that I  love Christina SOOO much, and for me personally, she disappointed me with the handling of her 'Bionic' and 'Lotus' eras! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block