Will the Britney Spears CONservatorship become a scandal like the Harvey Weinstein scandal?

Everyone knew about Harvey Weinstein for decades. It was common knowledge. A "secret" in plain sight. All of a sudden, dozens of people coming out with allegations, saying they had knowledge of the situation...

Will the same be the case for Britney's CONservatorship in retrospect?

Once the conservatorship is dissolved, will all these celebs and big names come out and claim to have had knowledge of the situation, despite not doing anything?

Will we discover that Britney's abuse was an unguarded secret this entire time, yet nobody did anything to help her?

It seems that will be the case. David La Chapelle has already said as much. Plenty of big names supporting #FreeBritney. I suspect once this abuse is over, tons of people will come out with insider info on how they knew about this for more than a decade.

I just wish they werent so afraid of the repercussions, they can help her right now!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think it will because only one person (Britney) is affected whereas with the Weinstein saga, many women at many different times had been affected. 
Britney doesn’t like the media attention so I doubt she’d want this all over the headlines either. 
Of course I want to respect her privacy but I want any wrongdoings towards her over the last 12 years to have consequences. She’s more than some business entity to help keep her family rich, she’s a human being. I hope Lou and all her associates get their karmic comeuppance :tina:

Theres no doubt in my mind that it’s a big Hollywood “secret” that everyone knows about. We’ve had celebrities/people in the industry try to shine light on the conservatorship and the severe control she’s under. Unfortunately unless Britney herself speaks on the issue, it won’t blow up in the media like the Weinstein scandals. It won’t be until she’s long gone when people won’t be so afraid to speak out and the truth begins to leak. Then people will finally sympathize and understand the tragic life that was Britney Spears... and by that time it will have been too little too late :sobbing:

It’s all too much when you think and talk about it... I’m going to go back to talking about the lighter subjects in Britney’s life like yoga and fashion shows :toodles:

• Super Mods

I think it’ll make an impact and I believe she doesn’t have to speak up personally. They’re using her money to do other shady things so that’s enough to expose them. It took one person to expose Ellen, I know she has her reasons and it’s always easy from the outside to judge her but even **** victims get uncomfortable talking about it bring it triggers them. This is more than just about her, Lou is screwing over innocent seniors and stealing their property and with Britney’s name linked in, they can finally shed light on cship abuse and put pressure on the government to fix it because if they are able to get Britney in one, that means Lou can continue doing that to anyone maybe even younger. 

I mean celebs have spoken about how sketchy team Britney is but ppl have also spoke about how strange Britney has acted as well. 

I think it’s an extra sensitive issue. I think team Britney has abused their role in many ways. I also think Britney will always need extra help. 

45 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

It’s all too much when you think and talk about it... I’m going to go back to talking about the lighter subjects in Britney’s life like yoga and fashion shows

I feel kinda bad but I normally do skip the depressing Britney threads. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks it all gets a bit much :hugs:

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I mean celebs have spoken about how sketchy team Britney is but ppl have also spoke about how strange Britney has acted as well. 

I think it’s an extra sensitive issue. I think team Britney has abused their role in many ways. I also think Britney will always need extra help. 

I agree with this but would like to add that while Britney will always need extra help, it’s due to her never having known a normal life. When you’re crowned the princess of pop at 18 and live such a privileged life, managing your own affairs isn’t your highest priority. 

I don’t believe Britney needs a conservatorship or similar to help her, just a good team like most other celebrities do. 

we are doing good, but we need to do better

the only way this could be massive, and get some reporters or lawyers interested on this case because this will bring recognition (money) in the future.  

silencing one by one is easier than silencing many people

and this is case interesting, this would be a huge interest during this quarantine, this is scandal. and we had proof.

We need a person that tries to dissolve the corruption on the California conservatorship system. If It's only Britney case nothing significantly will happen, people don't take rich popstars issues seriously.

Ronan Farrow, the same jornalist who helped to destroy Harvey Weinstein should be on Britney's case. We need someone serious and with good reputation behind this, the Gram girls were good, but they're comedians...

Hashtag helps, but it's necessary a more mature approach to escape the "conspiracy theory" territory.

2 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I agree with this but would like to add that while Britney will always need extra help, it’s due to her never having known a normal life. When you’re crowned the princess of pop at 18 and live such a privileged life, managing your own affairs isn’t your highest priority. 

I don’t believe Britney needs a conservatorship or similar to help her, just a good team like most other celebrities do. 

I’m not going to act like I know how much help she really does need. Regardless of the situation we just don’t know. 

Both can be true. Her team is abusing their power and need to be removed. Britney could also have a pretty bad mental illness. Which is honestly could be a part on why a lot of ppl don’t question the sketchy parts of the cship. 

Either way I don’t think her team has handled anything right for along time and someone new should take over. To get Britney on the right track of more freedom (or complete if professionals seem fit) which I will say her team isn’t doing. 

It is evident that people know but does not want to speak because it is not their subject and it is Britney.
An intelligent person knows that what her team is doing is legally contradictory.
And I'm sorry but I don't understand why she doesn't speak all at once and leaves emotional blackmail and fear.

A call from Britney and this would be over.

20 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I’m not going to act like I know how much help she really does need. Regardless of the situation we just don’t know. 

Both can be true. Her team is abusing their power and need to be removed. Britney could also have a pretty bad mental illness. Which is honestly could be a part on why a lot of ppl don’t question the sketchy parts of the cship. 

Either way I don’t think her team has handled anything right for along time and someone new should take over. To get Britney on the right track of more freedom (or complete if professionals seem fit) which I will say her team isn’t doing. 

I didn’t mean to act like I know how much help she needs or anything. It was more coming from a place of this woman has done three world tours and a 4 year stint in Vegas, so I have trouble understanding the team she has now is so hellbent on keeping her down. How can someone who continued to work like she did be unable to make decisions for herself? Many other celebs have faced seemingly more serious mental challenges than Britney, yet they are free to do as they please because no one wanted to cash in on them. 

The deafening silence from the Spears empire in regards to all the contradictions is the problem. As I’ve said before, none of us know nor are we entitled to but minds are free to roam and I’m having trouble reconciling a dementia sufferer and a global touring megastar being the same person simultaneously. 

16 minutes ago, alexdaily said:

What happened to Ellen? 

The twitter thread exposing her. 
The ex security guard who came forward and said she was an a55hole. 
The anonymous ex-staffer “confirming” the stories are true. 
Allegedly giving no notice for pay cuts to long standing staff during this pandemic. (Probably a Time Warner/production management problem tbh but she’s still the face of the show, say something). 
Ellen comparing staying in her multimillion dollar mansion during quarantine to being in jail. 

Apparently Ellen is a mean girl, a bi+ch :didilie:

People are coming for her hard :tifflmao:

42 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Never. Britney is too private and that would require her whole life being put on blast. 

Here part of the problem ... she should have put the people who talked about her in her time on her site both publicly, privately, and legally.

So the public seldom empathized with her.

Now I just want her to not fall for emotional blackmail anymore and make a call to the police and end this once and for all.

I think Britney not speaking out hurts the movement. The me too movement gained steam because more and more women came out and spoke on it. The only person who can speak on britney’s unique situation is her. You can’t have fans saying she’s being mistreated and overprotected while she’s on Instagram twirling in dresses. On one hand it makes it seem like her situation isn’t that bad since she seems happy atm and on the other hand, if people look at how she acts and just think she’s weird, they rationalize why she needs to be in it. And honestly the one time we did hear her kinda mention it, she basically said don’t listen to rumors and she’s fine and wants us to leave her alone lol, soo idk. Maybe she legally can’t, but I don’t know why her siblings or mom or cousins or Louisiana friends or no one else would speak out. It’s all so confusing. I hope she gets to live the life she truly wants soon. 

ps. I listen to Perez’s podcast and him and his cohost said something about them knowing what’s up with her because they know people in her circle but they bleeped out whatever they were saying, I guess for legal reasons. I don’t really care for Perez but his cohost has worked in entertainment and radio for like 20 years so I’m inclined to believe him...maybe something really is going on with her??

Archived