Will the Britney Spears CONservatorship become a scandal like the Harvey Weinstein scandal?

33 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I think Britney not speaking out hurts the movement. The me too movement gained steam because more and more women came out and spoke on it. The only person who can speak on britney’s unique situation is her. You can’t have fans saying she’s being mistreated and overprotected while she’s on Instagram twirling in dresses. On one hand it makes it seem like her situation isn’t that bad since she seems happy atm and on the other hand, if people look at how she acts and just think she’s weird, they rationalize why she needs to be in it. And honestly the one time we did hear her kinda mention it, she basically said don’t listen to rumors and she’s fine and wants us to leave her alone lol, soo idk. Maybe she legally can’t, but I don’t know why her siblings or mom or cousins or Louisiana friends or no one else would speak out. It’s all so confusing. I hope she gets to live the life she truly wants soon. 

ps. I listen to Perez’s podcast and him and his cohost said something about them knowing what’s up with her because they know people in her circle but they bleeped out whatever they were saying, I guess for legal reasons. I don’t really care for Perez but his cohost has worked in entertainment and radio for like 20 years so I’m inclined to believe him...maybe something really is going on with her??

Preston recently said he was gonna tell the truth about what's going on w/ his mom. He was immediately silenced, but I'm not sure it would have been a bad thing.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, alexdaily said:

What happened to Ellen? 

That guy posting that tweet asking people to tell their mean Ellen stories with a donation. It caught wave and now there’s tons of YouTube videos bashing Ellen, a lot of people have known she’s mean but it never got enough exposure like it did now. I feel like it’s the same with the cship, some people know about it but not enough exposure since the cship like to keep it on the downlow

I think she needs some type of guardianship. She is clearly not well seems like she could easily lose all that she's worked hard for without someone taking care of her and her finances. I can't imagine what it's like for someone in her position to have to deal with very real mental health challenges. At the end of the day, there will be conflict and fights, but no one in her life is more trustworthy to take care of her than her family.

9 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Theres no doubt in my mind that it’s a big Hollywood “secret” that everyone knows about. We’ve had celebrities/people in the industry try to shine light on the conservatorship and the severe control she’s under. Unfortunately unless Britney herself speaks on the issue, it won’t blow up in the media like the Weinstein scandals. It won’t be until she’s long gone when people won’t be so afraid to speak out and the truth begins to leak. Then people will finally sympathize and understand the tragic life that was Britney Spears... and by that time it will have been too little too late :sobbing:

It’s all too much when you think and talk about it... I’m going to go back to talking about the lighter subjects in Britney’s life like yoga and fashion shows :toodles:

Maybe that’s why she’s so childlike now... Has she started regressing a bit since 2008/For The Record due to all the mental trauma she’s experiencing by having no control over her life? 

with Britney it's more complicated. Cause it's about her personal life, mental health and family. Me too rised cause woman spoke up. And Britney never adressed. But also did she legally tried to dissolve it. Last year she was in court for the first time in so many years. As much as i want that cship to end but i also want her to be ok with it. After so many years can she even live without all that control ? Is there any judicial precedents then ppl were getting out from cship at her age?  I wish ppl speak up and it'll help her but if that is not that she wants then it would be bad.  

Crazy I literally thought this exact thought today! The fact that the Blast wrote that article about the dementia claim when that tweet was floating around for ages, more celebs starting to reference FreeBritney (Lindsay, Joey Fatone etc) it feels like maybe the tide will turn. I've always thought something happened that meant Harvey Weinstein could be exposed, I don't believe somebody just suddenly got the guts to expose him and then every actress just decided to suddenly talk about/expose him. Whether he became expendable or a fall guy was needed to distract the public from other stuff or whatever Idk. I felt like if Britney is ever able to be freed it will be a similar thing, they'll be some reason she is allowed out of this that we'll probably never know, and celebs will probably talk about how they knew something was off or whatever. The Gram Girls said in one podcast they had never worked on a story before where ppl were so scared to speak out, it's obviously a huge hush hush situation but probably everyone in Hollywood knows what's up. That's why I don't buy TimesUp MeToo etc, it's often coming from the same kind of ppl who mocked Britney's misfortune before like Sarah Silverman etc. 

Archived