Ava Max says Britney, Christina and Mariah (and definitely not Gaga) influenced her sound

Jordan Miller

7 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

Mmmm 

I don't like her vocals nor her songs. Even sweet but psycho, I really, REALLY can't stand it.

It's clear she's been influenced by gaga, britney and all the other pop beeshes, but she lacks something. 

Do you think she'll be a one hit wonder? 

She already IS a one-hit wonder... :gagasmile: 4 singles since her breakout hit, and none of them have charted in the US. She's doing OK in Europe, though. :sipney:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The Poppy shade in this thread... I'm so disappointed. :imok:

Hide contents

Listen to this gem, and bow to your Matriarch. :donewithit: And if you liked "Born This Way" era Gaga (Garibay produced these):

Hide contents

:katybelt:

We are officially turning this into a Poppy appreciation thread, thank you very much. :cutesybrit:

If you like Xtina's "Glam", here's another minimalistic electropop gem about fashion:

Here's a fun, sassy track:

And here's a robotic, futuristic gem:

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

:orangu: I swear you're so f ing good at this Maybel.

Ok but where are the bops :lessons:

Yeah tea they are it. Albanian girls are always the first to step on stage for Miss Universe. The show always starts with ALBANE NIAAAAA~ :iwin:

Welllzzzz where do I start? Sweet But Psycho, Kings & Queens, Let It Be Me, Alone Part II, Salt, So Am I, My Way :mattafact:

2 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

There is literally ZERO Mariah or Whitney or Celine in her music... :haha: Brit and Xtina are understandable - she makes teen pop, after all. :sipney: Still not sold on this girl. There's talent, and there's potential, but I'm going to need an album. :donewithit:

The album is coming. 

She described it as no features (she basically shaded every girl that uses features calls it a trend that needs to die), bop after bop and a 90s R&B ish mixed in. She also said the album will have a modern day No scrubs titled no **** boys. 

33 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The album is coming. 

She described it as no features (she basically shaded every girl that uses features calls it a trend that needs to die), bop after bop and a 90s R&B ish mixed in. She also said the album will have a modern day No scrubs titled no **** boys. 

looking forward to that, I love her voice :mhm:

12 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

Mmmm 

I don't like her vocals nor her songs. Even sweet but psycho, I really, REALLY can't stand it.

It's clear she's been influenced by gaga, britney and all the other pop beeshes, but she lacks something. 

Do you think she'll be a one hit wonder? 

Here in Europe she isn't a hit wonder, she had 1 more hit and 2 minor hits "So Am I", "Tabu" with Pablo Alboran, and "Torn"

12 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Actually, I'm going to keep an eye out for her. As I said, there's potential. There's not many people who make teen pop these days, so she's a breath of fresh air. Even if that freshness might be a total rip-off of Gaga... :sipney:

This

Watch the MV of "Torn", is incredible

I didn't realize she was the "Sweet but Psycho" singer. That song was catchy, but it sounded like it was on the radio for like 5 years because it just had a dated generic sound.

I feel like I should like both her and Kim Petras because they both seem to be creating that pure blonde pop girl music, but neither them nor their music appeals to me. It's weird. It's like how everyone used to imitate Britney's sound and lok back in the day but it never worked, even just on a musical level.

Archived