Ava Max says Britney, Christina and Mariah (and definitely not Gaga) influenced her sound

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Ava Max just released a new music video for "Kings and Queens."

She also revealed who some of her influences growing up were. They include Britney, Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey. :mcry:

She also says some artists that inspire her sound today include Mimi, Whitney Houston and Celine Dion. :makeup:

No mention of Gaga anywhere. :gagasmile:

Thoughts? 

ava-max-gaga.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok where does she mention "definitely not Gaga"? And is she supposed to say Gaga? Why tho? :lostney: Sorry I don't know her. I only know Sweet But Psycho which is bop, but not enough for me to Google her. D List platinum selling artists are not my thing :idkney: but good on her for recognizing Britney, Xtina, and Mariah! ❤ She has taste. :barbie:

29 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok where does she mention "definitely not Gaga"? And is she supposed to say Gaga? Why tho? :lostney: Sorry I don't know her. I only know Sweet But Psycho which is bop, but not enough for me to Google her. D List platinum selling artists are not my thing :idkney: but good on her for recognizing Britney, Xtina, and Mariah! ❤ She has taste. :barbie:

Everyone calls Ava a Gaga rip off :gagasmile:

I actually really like her music. My ear perked when I first heard Sweet But Psycho.

Her songs are catchy as hell, IMO. I'll say the prodcution on most of her songs are "Max Martin influenced", almost sounding like ABBA or Ace of Base (which is a plus for me, as well lol). She also has a great voice

To say she's influenced by them, her music doesn't appeal to me the way the way any of theirs do. I grew up listening to Britney, Mariah, Celine, Whitney & Christina - they're literally all I listen to , to this day. I'm not feeling Ava Max though sorry.

Sweet but psycho isn't too bad when I've had a gin or two mind. 

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Don’t be coming for my D lists :mattafact: Avon Maximus is releasing bops upon bops :mattafact: she’s no Duo but then Albanian girls know what bops is :mattafact:

13 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Avon Maximus

:orangu: I swear you're so f ing good at this Maybel.

is releasing bops upon bops

Ok but where are the bops :lessons:

she’s no Duo but then Albanian girls know what bops is

Yeah tea they are it. Albanian girls are always the first to step on stage for Miss Universe. The show always starts with ALBANE NIAAAAA~ :iwin:

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I thought it was Poppy too :gloria:

I'm too old to know these teen idols

lol poppy was never a teen idol bc everyone things she is too weird (you know, if you do something different than crazy stuff for views you are weird for some reason) and also, she now does nu-metal (which I started to like just bc of her lol)

• Leader
4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Lol she doesn’t mention Gaga which I was poking fun of :gagasmile:

• Leader
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

There is literally ZERO Mariah or Whitney or Celine in her music... :haha: Brit and Xtina are understandable - she makes teen pop, after all. :sipney: Still not sold on this girl. There's talent, and there's potential, but I'm going to need an album. :donewithit:

When she said Whitney, Mariah, Celine I was like :pika:

8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

There is literally ZERO Mariah or Whitney or Celine in her music... :haha: Brit and Xtina are understandable - she makes teen pop, after all. :sipney: Still not sold on this girl. There's talent, and there's potential, but I'm going to need an album. :donewithit:

I would argue vocally there is a similarity, with the high notes she hits in some of her songs

Archived