New Daily Mirror article: Heartbreaking cause of Britney Spears' harrowing breakdown confirmed by star's family

Don't know if it's AP so please excuse if it is

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/heartbreaking-cause-britney-spears-harrowing-21687469

Highlights:

During the European leg of her Oops! I Did It Again tour in the winter of 2000, she began having 'massive anxieties' in the middle of the night.

She had trouble sleeping and crying fits. She was restless and agitated. Nights were the only times she was alone and she struggled with that… When nothing was happening, it drove her crazy. Only exhaustion would knock her out," a source previously told The Mirror

Such anxiety was not ****-induced. This was Britney’s natural state, but heightened by fame. Her moods started to swing noticeably, high and happy one minute, sad and brooding the next. She just dismissed it as “silly ole me!

on another occasion she stayed up for 48 hours straight, fearing her mobile phone charger was taping her thoughts.

Unsubstantiated rumours of post-natal depression and bipolar disorder flew, with others blaming the pressures of fame and her 2002 split from Justin Timberlake.

Born in the small town of Kentwood, Louisiana to an alcoholic father and a school teacher mother, Britney's childhood is said to have been deeply traumatic

The rows and fights she witnessed left her a bundle of nerves that others would mistake for natural excitement or energy.

Her Uncle Willie – Jamie’s brother – bore witness to some of the ugly incidents.

He previously said: “One time Jamie was drunk and tried to drive off with Britney in the car. She was no more than five years old.

“I tried to stop him. We got right into it there by the car, fighting in front of her.

“Britney was jumping up and down, crying. Lynne had to run out to get her inside.

“We Spears men are known for fighting. If Britney happened to be there, so be it

At first, Britney was a scared child and you’d catch her crying but she reached the stage when she just walked off, as if it wasn’t happening. And as she got older, she would scream and curse at her parents, trying to get them to stop fighting.”

When yet another row erupted at their modest three-bedroom bungalow, Britney would seek refuge in her aunt Chanda’s trailer, parked nearby.

Chanda recalled Britney as sweet but timid. A girl made quiet and withdrawn by all the hollering and verbal abuse – until she had to perform.

1998, as Britney got a record deal, the family business went bust with debts including £31,000 in unpaid taxes.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

People kept forgetting that she was a teen and growing. Many other celebrities have mood swings but no one is pointing fingers at them to lock them up. She’s very close to her family and I think dating JT so she’s a person that needs love, it’s why she likes this profession because it makes her happy to feel loved since her childhood is so ****ty. It’s not fair that rock legends are more self destructive than her yet they think she’s a danger to herself. 

40 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Don't know if it's AP so please excuse if it is

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/heartbreaking-cause-britney-spears-harrowing-21687469

Highlights:

Funny how they decided now it was the time to reuse two articles from over ten years ago

https://web.archive.org/web/20090901041646/https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article723990.ece

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/britney-spears-the-inside-story-behind-397798

Spoiler

Britney never had a chance

By CAROLINE IGGULDEN

Published: 25 Jan 2008

THE uncle of tormented BRITNEY SPEARS today reveals the shocking truth about the star's drink and ****-addled childhood for the first time.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, William Spears, 49, lays bare the troubled early life of the former Pop Princess.

He says Brit, 26, started DRINKING when she was a 13-year-old Mickey Mouse Club presenter and dabbled with ***** from the age of 14.

She is also terrified she will mimic her tragic grandmother Emma Jean, who committed suicide aged 31.

We tracked William - known as Willie - down to his camper van home near Britney's childhood town of Kentwood, Louisiana.

After her turbulent early years, Willie says she went "buck-wild" on turning 18, snorting ******* on her birthday, adding: "She has tried just about everything - *******, crystal ****, ecstasy."

Willie, a welder, decided to speak out after seeing Britney's capitulation since losing full-time access to sons SEAN PRESTON, two, and JAYDEN JAMES, one, in her bitter custody row with Kevin Federline.

Willie claims her recent meltdown can be traced back to her difficult past.

He says: "I'm not just a family friend or someone who claims to know them. I was there every day, working with them. I have seen all the terrible things happen."

Willie says his niece's battle with the bottle started when she was just 13.

On one occasion, he was invited to a Florida wrap party for Disney kids' TV show Mickey Mouse Club - which Britney fronted alongside JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and CHRISTINA AGUILERA.

He says: "The kids were definitely drinking that night. While the adults talked, they were somewhere else, up to no good.

"They had a bottle of gin and slipped away to the bathroom to drink it. I saw them going."

But Willie is certain Britney was exposed to drink and ***** long before she hit the big time.

"Her brother Bryan was the star of the high school football team. They went to all the best parties where there were ***** and alcohol - a lot."

He believes her ****-taking started at 14 with ********* but adds: "It got worse when she got famous and she found out that people would do what she wanted them to.

‘ She's tried just about everything ’

"She wanted to drink, party and go where she wanted to go.

"She is a ruthless little thing, make no mistake. Nobody controls her. She bosses everyone around her."

Willie says his brother JAMIE - Britney's dad - must take a large chunk of responsibility for her boozy lifestyle.

"Just about everyone in the Spears family is a drunk and Britney's dad Jamie was one of the worst.

"He would drink from daylight to night. Britney saw him drunk all the time."

Jamie went into rehab in 2004 to overcome an addiction to alcohol and painkillers - but the damage to his family was already done.

Willie continues: "Britney grew up thinking it was alright to drink and that you can live with a drinking problem."

Willie is a recovering **** addict and has been clean for more than four years. But sensationally he admits taking ***** with Britney in the past.

He says: "I know she did ******* on her 18th birthday - I was there.

"We were at a party in an apartment and I spotted her doing a line just before I did one. We smoked pot together too."

Despite playing his part in her troubled past, Willie has also been called on to rescue Brit from desperate situations.

"One time I happened to be in New Orleans when Jamie called me.

"Britney was only 18 but she could drink where she wanted.

"Britney had passed out in the VIP area of a club and someone needed to get her. She just drank too much.

"I got there and she was out cold. I carried her out the back door and put her in the car. She got a telling off but she never listened. The **** use went up overnight when she moved to LA to pursue her career.

"The ***** and the alcohol helped her cope with the pressure - helped her to escape from reality.

"We thought maybe getting married and having kids would help her settle down but it was quite the opposite."

Willie says rows, violent outbursts and heavy drinking were all regular features of Britney's formative years.

Her parents Jamie and Lynne divorced in 2002 but Brit was exposed to their hell-raising rows when she was growing up.

Willie explains: "A few times, Britney called saying, 'They are fighting again, please come and get me'. It was rough - and the sad thing is it became normal. Once I was over at their house and Jamie walked in drunk and called Lynne a name.

"She was in the kitchen drinking water and just grabbed the glass, walked into the lounge and hit him right between the eyes with it.

"At first Britney was a scared child. You would catch her crying when people were fighting.

"But by that stage she just walked away, as if it wasn't happening.

"As she got older it started to rub off on her and she would scream and curse at them and try desperately to get them to stop fighting."

He adds: "The Spears men are known for fighting. We would fight any time, about anything, in front of anybody - and if Britney happened to be there, so be it."

‘ The ***** and the alcohol helped her cope with the pressure - helped her to escape from reality. ’

Willie breaks down in tears as he tells of one dramatic incident. "Jamie was drunk at a barbecue and he tried to drive off with Britney in the car.

"She was no more than five years old. I tried to stop him, so I reached in to grab the keys out of the ignition and he punched me. We got into it right there by the car, fighting in front of her.

"Britney was jumping up and down, crying. Lynne had to run out to get her inside."

Willie believes Jamie's problems stem from the brothers' own violent childhood.

Their father - Britney's grandad - ruled with an iron fist when they were growing up.

He explains: "Our daddy was in the army and the police force. He whacked us all around but Jamie got most of it.

"It affected all of us. We both left home when we were young."

Willie also believes his mother's suicide has plagued Britney's life.

Her grandmother Emma Jean Spears shot herself in the chest after losing her three-day-old son to cot death in 1966, aged just 31.

Britney shares the same middle name as her tragic gran and the meltdown after losing full-time custody of her kids has got the family concerned she will meet the same fate.

Willie says: "She used to talk about how she couldn't believe she was named after her grandmother who killed herself.

"We think it has definitely affected her. She seems to think she is cursed. Now we are worried the same will happen to her."

Willie himself has led a troubled life. He is dubbed "Road Kill Willie" after cooking and eating animals that had been hit by cars when he was living rough.

He is now battling lung cancer and says he last spoke to Britney - who is currently dating paparazzo ADNAN GHALIB - in November.

He says: "Britney is in an unstable state of mind now and there is nothing anyone can do about it. She is not listening to anybody.

"She has fired all the people around her who cared because she simply doesn't want people to tell her to stop doing the things she is doing."

Willie believes Britney's demise was inevitable.

He adds: "She was a sweet young girl but as she grew up and saw the violence, the alcohol and everything, she became what she saw - as mean and hard-drinking as the rest of the family.

"That kind of childhood would make anyone unstable. It did with me.

"If people think she has reached the bottom, they are very wrong. Suicide is the bottom line for Britney."

Spoiler

Britney Spears: The inside story behind her demons - she was scared of drunken dad

Britney Jean Spears was not born into a stable home.

It was a traumatic scene that no child should ever have to see, but one that was replayed over and over again in the young life of Britney Spears.

Her father Jamie was shouting, her mother Lynne lay crumpled in a heap on the kitchen floor. Then, her dad begging for forgiveness at her feet, Lynne would give him yet another chance.

Such distressing, emotionally-charged episodes were all too familiar during Britney’s childhood.

Her fans saw a beautiful, smiling girl who told sugar-coated tales of an idyllic childhood. But her close family knew that the reality was, sadly and starkly, very different.

Britney Jean Spears was not born into a stable home. She was born into a dysfunctional disordered one because of her father’s alcoholic rages.

The rows and fights she witnessed left her a bundle of nerves that others, including her own mother, would mistake for natural excitement or energy.

Her Uncle Willie – Jamie’s brother – bore witness to some of the ugly incidents.

He says: “One time Jamie was drunk and tried to drive off with Britney in the car. She was no more than five years old.

“I tried to stop him, so I reached into the truck to grab the keys from the ignition and he punched me. We got right into it there by the car, fighting in front of her.

“Britney was jumping up and down, crying. Lynne had to run out to get her inside.

“We Spears men are known for fighting. If Britney happened to be there, so be it.

“Another time I was at the house and Jamie walked in drunk and called Lynne a bad name. She was in the kitchen drinking water and he grabbed the glass, walked into the lounge and just hurled it. It was rough, but the sad thing is that it became normal life.

“At first, Britney was a scared child and you’d catch her crying but she reached the stage when she just walked off, as if it wasn’t happening. And as she got older, she would scream and curse at her parents, trying to get them to stop fighting.”

When yet another row erupted at their modest three-bedroom bungalow in Kentwood, Louisiana, Britney would seek refuge in her aunt Chanda’s trailer, parked nearby.

Chanda recalls Britney as sweet but timid. A girl made quiet and withdrawn by all the hollering and verbal abuse – until she had to perform.

Britney’s need to perform allowed her to escape the pain and anxiety of home.

Although she is prone to over-analysing and appointing self-blame for her past troubles, her parents had their problems long before she was born.

In fact, her mother filed for divorce in 1980, a year before Britney was even conceived. Those legal papers reveal the flip side of Britney’s childhood, offering insights into the adult she would turn into and the father who would become her legal guardian in 2008.

Lynne’s divorce application was on the grounds of adultery. According to the petition, Jamie cheated on Christmas Day, 1979.

The legal papers allege that Jamie was seen in a Kentwood bar with a local woman and was “observed hugging, kissing and fondling this woman”. From there, Lynne writes, they went to the Spears’ trailer: “Where he committed adultery during the late evening hours of December 25 and the early morning hours of December 26.”

Lynne also sought a restraining order. Her petition says: “She fears the defendant will become angry when served with these papers; that he will harass and/or physically harm her, especially if he has been drinking.”

Divorce papers were withdrawn in March 1980. But they finally split 20 years later.

Jamie’s friends describe him as “a man with a big heart, a good soul but a stronger liver”.

He and Britney have had their problems. But after having treatment for alcohol addiction in 2004, Jamie emerged a new man and was determined to be a better father.

It was Jamie who rescued his fragile daughter when she was at her lowest point.

And now ,with him as her legal guardian, Britney’s life is on the up again…

Family in the poverty trap

The full extent of the Spears’ poverty has never fully been told.

But some periods were so dark and desperate that Britney would go to the fridge and find it bare.

She has told friends that “people don’t realise how broke we were”.

Her dad would hunt for food in the woods near their home – that meant eating rabbit and squirrel.

Mum Lynne and dad Jamie began their married life in a cramped trailer at Simpson’s Trailer Park in Kentwood.

They had progressed to a small bungalow before Britney was born, but Jamie neglected the family gym business and bills went unpaid. It didn’t help that he played poker. Often he lost, and he lost heavily. And then he drank heavily.

In 1998, as Britney got a record deal, the family business went bust with debts including £31,000 in unpaid taxes.

A family friend says: “Years of working every hour God sent to fund Britney’s dream caught up with them.”

Now, thanks to Britney amassing a £40million fortune, the family’s money worries are finally over.

She was on Prozac at 18

Britney had stunning looks, bags of talent, a multi-million dollar fortune and worldwide fame. But away from the cameras she was a nervous wreck and had been prescribed Prozac (used for depression and panic attacks) at the age of 18.

During the European leg of her Oops! I Did It Again tour in the winter of 2000, she began having “massive anxieties” in the middle of the night. A source close to her says: “She had trouble sleeping and crying fits. She was restless and agitated. Nights were the only times she was alone and she struggled with that… When nothing was happening, it drove her crazy. Only exhaustion would knock her out.”

Such anxiety was not ****-induced. This was Britney’s natural state, but heightened by fame. Her moods started to swing noticeably, high and happy one minute, sad and brooding the next. She just dismissed it as “silly ole me!”

Such was the level of concern that Britney was prescribed Prozac but she treated it like headache tablets, taking a pill only on the days she awoke depressed. This seemed to make her more manic.

As early as 2000 the writing was on the wall. Inevitably, something would give.

This is dear Uncle Willie in his Kentwood trailer by the way :letitburn:

snf2530b384_424762a.jpg

"He previously said: “One time Jamie was drunk and tried to drive off with Britney in the car. She was no more than five years old.

“I tried to stop him. We got right into it there by the car, fighting in front of her."

So...where was J*mie's conservatorship?

1 hour ago, BradAdamson said:

I mean, I could believe it BUT IT STILL DOESN’T JUSTIFY A CONSERVATORSHIP

If anything, it proves she shouldn’t be in one. It was all started and maintained by Jamie, the source of all her childhood problems that carried into adulthood and are affecting her today. 

I think we shouldn’t be posting or talking about this. I mean the obsession for her breakdown needs to stop. 

Stop searching for this kind of articles aren’t you guys Britney’s fans? 

most of you here have seen family drama as well. Is not about how happened is about how endure this, if this happened in Britney’s life then is her personal life. Maybe never happened, there’s no really something relevant. Look

how focused Britney was into her love for music, performing and touring, no matter what this was positive energy into her life.

i think nobody is ready for fame and I believe Britney did an amazing job handling her career. So that’s what I considered relevant, as a fan point of view who wants to support her and is not obsessed with a breakdown, everybody hasn’t breakdowns at some point. Move the hell on and give her privacy.

i can imagine her being so ******* dissapointed and done with her fanbase because of this. 

6 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Funny how they decided now it was the time to reuse two articles from over ten years ago

https://web.archive.org/web/20090901041646/https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article723990.ece

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/britney-spears-the-inside-story-behind-397798

Hide contents

Britney never had a chance

By CAROLINE IGGULDEN

Published: 25 Jan 2008

THE uncle of tormented BRITNEY SPEARS today reveals the shocking truth about the star's drink and ****-addled childhood for the first time.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, William Spears, 49, lays bare the troubled early life of the former Pop Princess.

He says Brit, 26, started DRINKING when she was a 13-year-old Mickey Mouse Club presenter and dabbled with ***** from the age of 14.

She is also terrified she will mimic her tragic grandmother Emma Jean, who committed suicide aged 31.

We tracked William - known as Willie - down to his camper van home near Britney's childhood town of Kentwood, Louisiana.

After her turbulent early years, Willie says she went "buck-wild" on turning 18, snorting ******* on her birthday, adding: "She has tried just about everything - *******, crystal ****, ecstasy."

Willie, a welder, decided to speak out after seeing Britney's capitulation since losing full-time access to sons SEAN PRESTON, two, and JAYDEN JAMES, one, in her bitter custody row with Kevin Federline.

Willie claims her recent meltdown can be traced back to her difficult past.

He says: "I'm not just a family friend or someone who claims to know them. I was there every day, working with them. I have seen all the terrible things happen."

Willie says his niece's battle with the bottle started when she was just 13.

On one occasion, he was invited to a Florida wrap party for Disney kids' TV show Mickey Mouse Club - which Britney fronted alongside JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and CHRISTINA AGUILERA.

He says: "The kids were definitely drinking that night. While the adults talked, they were somewhere else, up to no good.

"They had a bottle of gin and slipped away to the bathroom to drink it. I saw them going."

But Willie is certain Britney was exposed to drink and ***** long before she hit the big time.

"Her brother Bryan was the star of the high school football team. They went to all the best parties where there were ***** and alcohol - a lot."

He believes her ****-taking started at 14 with ********* but adds: "It got worse when she got famous and she found out that people would do what she wanted them to.

‘ She's tried just about everything ’

"She wanted to drink, party and go where she wanted to go.

"She is a ruthless little thing, make no mistake. Nobody controls her. She bosses everyone around her."

Willie says his brother JAMIE - Britney's dad - must take a large chunk of responsibility for her boozy lifestyle.

"Just about everyone in the Spears family is a drunk and Britney's dad Jamie was one of the worst.

"He would drink from daylight to night. Britney saw him drunk all the time."

Jamie went into rehab in 2004 to overcome an addiction to alcohol and painkillers - but the damage to his family was already done.

Willie continues: "Britney grew up thinking it was alright to drink and that you can live with a drinking problem."

Willie is a recovering **** addict and has been clean for more than four years. But sensationally he admits taking ***** with Britney in the past.

He says: "I know she did ******* on her 18th birthday - I was there.

"We were at a party in an apartment and I spotted her doing a line just before I did one. We smoked pot together too."

Despite playing his part in her troubled past, Willie has also been called on to rescue Brit from desperate situations.

"One time I happened to be in New Orleans when Jamie called me.

"Britney was only 18 but she could drink where she wanted.

"Britney had passed out in the VIP area of a club and someone needed to get her. She just drank too much.

"I got there and she was out cold. I carried her out the back door and put her in the car. She got a telling off but she never listened. The **** use went up overnight when she moved to LA to pursue her career.

"The ***** and the alcohol helped her cope with the pressure - helped her to escape from reality.

"We thought maybe getting married and having kids would help her settle down but it was quite the opposite."

Willie says rows, violent outbursts and heavy drinking were all regular features of Britney's formative years.

Her parents Jamie and Lynne divorced in 2002 but Brit was exposed to their hell-raising rows when she was growing up.

Willie explains: "A few times, Britney called saying, 'They are fighting again, please come and get me'. It was rough - and the sad thing is it became normal. Once I was over at their house and Jamie walked in drunk and called Lynne a name.

"She was in the kitchen drinking water and just grabbed the glass, walked into the lounge and hit him right between the eyes with it.

"At first Britney was a scared child. You would catch her crying when people were fighting.

"But by that stage she just walked away, as if it wasn't happening.

"As she got older it started to rub off on her and she would scream and curse at them and try desperately to get them to stop fighting."

He adds: "The Spears men are known for fighting. We would fight any time, about anything, in front of anybody - and if Britney happened to be there, so be it."

‘ The ***** and the alcohol helped her cope with the pressure - helped her to escape from reality. ’

Willie breaks down in tears as he tells of one dramatic incident. "Jamie was drunk at a barbecue and he tried to drive off with Britney in the car.

"She was no more than five years old. I tried to stop him, so I reached in to grab the keys out of the ignition and he punched me. We got into it right there by the car, fighting in front of her.

"Britney was jumping up and down, crying. Lynne had to run out to get her inside."

Willie believes Jamie's problems stem from the brothers' own violent childhood.

Their father - Britney's grandad - ruled with an iron fist when they were growing up.

He explains: "Our daddy was in the army and the police force. He whacked us all around but Jamie got most of it.

"It affected all of us. We both left home when we were young."

Willie also believes his mother's suicide has plagued Britney's life.

Her grandmother Emma Jean Spears shot herself in the chest after losing her three-day-old son to cot death in 1966, aged just 31.

Britney shares the same middle name as her tragic gran and the meltdown after losing full-time custody of her kids has got the family concerned she will meet the same fate.

Willie says: "She used to talk about how she couldn't believe she was named after her grandmother who killed herself.

"We think it has definitely affected her. She seems to think she is cursed. Now we are worried the same will happen to her."

Willie himself has led a troubled life. He is dubbed "Road Kill Willie" after cooking and eating animals that had been hit by cars when he was living rough.

He is now battling lung cancer and says he last spoke to Britney - who is currently dating paparazzo ADNAN GHALIB - in November.

He says: "Britney is in an unstable state of mind now and there is nothing anyone can do about it. She is not listening to anybody.

"She has fired all the people around her who cared because she simply doesn't want people to tell her to stop doing the things she is doing."

Willie believes Britney's demise was inevitable.

He adds: "She was a sweet young girl but as she grew up and saw the violence, the alcohol and everything, she became what she saw - as mean and hard-drinking as the rest of the family.

"That kind of childhood would make anyone unstable. It did with me.

"If people think she has reached the bottom, they are very wrong. Suicide is the bottom line for Britney."

Reveal hidden contents

Britney Spears: The inside story behind her demons - she was scared of drunken dad

Britney Jean Spears was not born into a stable home.

It was a traumatic scene that no child should ever have to see, but one that was replayed over and over again in the young life of Britney Spears.

Her father Jamie was shouting, her mother Lynne lay crumpled in a heap on the kitchen floor. Then, her dad begging for forgiveness at her feet, Lynne would give him yet another chance.

Such distressing, emotionally-charged episodes were all too familiar during Britney’s childhood.

Her fans saw a beautiful, smiling girl who told sugar-coated tales of an idyllic childhood. But her close family knew that the reality was, sadly and starkly, very different.

Britney Jean Spears was not born into a stable home. She was born into a dysfunctional disordered one because of her father’s alcoholic rages.

The rows and fights she witnessed left her a bundle of nerves that others, including her own mother, would mistake for natural excitement or energy.

He says: “One time Jamie was drunk and tried to drive off with Britney in the car. She was no more than five years old.

“I tried to stop him, so I reached into the truck to grab the keys from the ignition and he punched me. We got right into it there by the car, fighting in front of her.

“We Spears men are known for fighting. If Britney happened to be there, so be it.

“Another time I was at the house and Jamie walked in drunk and called Lynne a bad name. She was in the kitchen drinking water and he grabbed the glass, walked into the lounge and just hurled it. It was rough, but the sad thing is that it became normal life.

“At first, Britney was a scared child and you’d catch her crying but she reached the stage when she just walked off, as if it wasn’t happening. And as she got older, she would scream and curse at her parents, trying to get them to stop fighting.”

When yet another row erupted at their modest three-bedroom bungalow in Kentwood, Louisiana, Britney would seek refuge in her aunt Chanda’s trailer, parked nearby.

Chanda recalls Britney as sweet but timid. A girl made quiet and withdrawn by all the hollering and verbal abuse – until she had to perform.

Britney’s need to perform allowed her to escape the pain and anxiety of home.

Although she is prone to over-analysing and appointing self-blame for her past troubles, her parents had their problems long before she was born.

In fact, her mother filed for divorce in 1980, a year before Britney was even conceived. Those legal papers reveal the flip side of Britney’s childhood, offering insights into the adult she would turn into and the father who would become her legal guardian in 2008.

Lynne’s divorce application was on the grounds of adultery. According to the petition, Jamie cheated on Christmas Day, 1979.

The legal papers allege that Jamie was seen in a Kentwood bar with a local woman and was “observed hugging, kissing and fondling this woman”. From there, Lynne writes, they went to the Spears’ trailer: “Where he committed adultery during the late evening hours of December 25 and the early morning hours of December 26.”

Lynne also sought a restraining order. Her petition says: “She fears the defendant will become angry when served with these papers; that he will harass and/or physically harm her, especially if he has been drinking.”

Divorce papers were withdrawn in March 1980. But they finally split 20 years later.

Jamie’s friends describe him as “a man with a big heart, a good soul but a stronger liver”.

He and Britney have had their problems. But after having treatment for alcohol addiction in 2004, Jamie emerged a new man and was determined to be a better father.

It was Jamie who rescued his fragile daughter when she was at her lowest point.

And now ,with him as her legal guardian, Britney’s life is on the up again…

Family in the poverty trap

The full extent of the Spears’ poverty has never fully been told.

But some periods were so dark and desperate that Britney would go to the fridge and find it bare.

She has told friends that “people don’t realise how broke we were”.

Her dad would hunt for food in the woods near their home – that meant eating rabbit and squirrel.

Mum Lynne and dad Jamie began their married life in a cramped trailer at Simpson’s Trailer Park in Kentwood.

They had progressed to a small bungalow before Britney was born, but Jamie neglected the family gym business and bills went unpaid. It didn’t help that he played poker. Often he lost, and he lost heavily. And then he drank heavily.

In 1998, as Britney got a record deal, the family business went bust with debts including £31,000 in unpaid taxes.

A family friend says: “Years of working every hour God sent to fund Britney’s dream caught up with them.”

Now, thanks to Britney amassing a £40million fortune, the family’s money worries are finally over.

She was on Prozac at 18

Britney had stunning looks, bags of talent, a multi-million dollar fortune and worldwide fame. But away from the cameras she was a nervous wreck and had been prescribed Prozac (used for depression and panic attacks) at the age of 18.

During the European leg of her Oops! I Did It Again tour in the winter of 2000, she began having “massive anxieties” in the middle of the night. A source close to her says: “She had trouble sleeping and crying fits. She was restless and agitated. Nights were the only times she was alone and she struggled with that… When nothing was happening, it drove her crazy. Only exhaustion would knock her out.”

Such anxiety was not ****-induced. This was Britney’s natural state, but heightened by fame. Her moods started to swing noticeably, high and happy one minute, sad and brooding the next. She just dismissed it as “silly ole me!”

Such was the level of concern that Britney was prescribed Prozac but she treated it like headache tablets, taking a pill only on the days she awoke depressed. This seemed to make her more manic.

As early as 2000 the writing was on the wall. Inevitably, something would give.

This is dear Uncle Willie in his Kentwood trailer by the way :letitburn:

snf2530b384_424762a.jpg

It seems to me that this is a lie. Just some relative decided to attract attention and earn money.

4 hours ago, YoungOne said:

I think we shouldn’t be posting or talking about this. I mean the obsession for her breakdown needs to stop. 

Stop searching for this kind of articles aren’t you guys Britney’s fans? 

most of you here have seen family drama as well. Is not about how happened is about how endure this, if this happened in Britney’s life then is her personal life. Maybe never happened, there’s no really something relevant. Look

how focused Britney was into her love for music, performing and touring, no matter what this was positive energy into her life.

i think nobody is ready for fame and I believe Britney did an amazing job handling her career. So that’s what I considered relevant, as a fan point of view who wants to support her and is not obsessed with a breakdown, everybody hasn’t breakdowns at some point. Move the hell on and give her privacy.

i can imagine her being so ******* dissapointed and done with her fanbase because of this. 

I don't think the obsession is with the breakdown itself. If her life continued as always, we probably wouldn't give a damn about it. The thing is, such breakdown keeps being used time after time as the excuse for the unnecessary conservatorship, to the point that some media even claims that she would die if the conservatorship ended, as if she's out of her mind or something. 

And I genuinely doubt she knows or cares about what her fans write in some pop music forum.

She had issues, in her life, in her adulthood, she may have some psychological or physical illness too, we don't know, and we don't care because that's none of our business. But as fans, it does put us in a weird position, and that's the whole deal with this movement.

As fans, we've continued supporting her ever since the conservatorship started, as we did since before. But we've come to realize that God knows what we've been supporting all these years, if it was even the best for her to resume her career after 2008, and continued doing this all these years. 

People keep debating whether we should keep buying her records, go to The Zone, etc, because we're just giving more money to that machine they've created with the conservatorship. Should we keep buying all that stuff because we're fans, or should we boycott all of that, because we're fans too? 

It's only natural that we want to find the truth, and these articles and all that stuff that the media says, we need to know too, because it's precisely them who shape the minds of the GP, and things like that can help or harm the perception they have of Britney and her situation, and we all know that had a lot to do with the legal stuff that happened back in the day, like her losing the custody of her sons and her own autonomy. 

People (and media) would riot if any current celebrity's rights, freedom or privacy were threatened today, but back then everybody thought it was ok what was happening to Britney, because that's the image the media created. 

This thing that Jamie ******** her is not new at all, people have been saying this since forever. If its true or not only Brtney will tell cause its only up to her if she decides to. Its her truth, no uncle Ben or aunt Maria should publicaly touch in this subject.

Him being a drunk, violent, abusive and overall a bad person are no news as well. 

if Jamie is/was everything people (and even Lynne) claimed he was + his relationship with Britney was always known as troubled like hell, why would the judge give the conservatorship to him and not her mother? He obviously bought his way to this and its so clear. From my understanding, it must be given to someone close and liked by the person per se and she didnt even knew what they did till she was told she was in a conservatorship.

There are so many gaps in this story. How would you claim your daughter has dementia and not present the proof to the court and still be given by the judge based on your word only? To hell with this, Jamie should die with a giant ***** in his *** all the way up to his mouth and choke on his own ****.

Even at the time, there were so many ways  to handle the situation without locking her in a cage. That woman needed love, company, attention, guidance and not to be knocked down and forced into this. 

Archived