Nicki Minaj regrets recording "Starships," "Anaconda" and "Your Love"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, I'm not her fan so I don't care, but when Britney has said similar things about older songs, it does hurt a little.

But at least Britney has also said something along the lines of, that she doesn't wanna say mean things about the songs, because she knows the fans love them. So I think there's always a polite way to say it without hurting the fans' feelings lol

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, I'm not her fan so I don't care, but when Britney has said similar things about older songs, it does hurt a little.

But at least Britney has also said something along the lines of, that she doesn't wanna say mean things about the songs, because she knows the fans love them. So I think there's always a polite way to say it without hurting the fans' feelings lol

Britney dislikes Oops and Sometimes, she probably can't stand bomt also 😔

14 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

Britney dislikes Oops and Sometimes, she probably can't stand bomt also 😔

She never said she dislikes them (aside from OHT which was a scripted joke and she was in her "I'm so tough" phase) 

It's obvious she might feel tired or embarrassed by them 20 years later, but even back in 2002 when she visited Mexico, she said Oops and Lonely were her favorite from the tour, so she obviously likes the song. And it's also obvious she enjoys performing Oops, as we saw during the POM show.

Sometimes is the one that hasn't been performed in almost 2 decades, so I can't defend that lol but even when she was specifically asked she wasn't like "OMG I HATE that song", she seemed aware that fans like it and wasn't so mean with her answer. I can't find the interview but it was during the BJ promo. 

I hate Sometimes because its terribly accurate. 

It is ungrateful to just come out and say you hate your hits. Soo, all the people who bought into your brand during them have bad taste? Sure feeds your lifestyle though. 

I fell out of love with Nicki when she got angry about everything. 

I'm not a huge fan of hers, I'm more of a casual listener and I'm not into her type of music, but "Your Love" was the first song of hers that was sounding in my head for a long time along with the music video, which is really great. People still watched TV back then... lmao!.  :jj:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

She never said she dislikes them (aside from OHT which was a scripted joke and she was in her "I'm so tough" phase) 

It's obvious she might feel tired or embarrassed by them 20 years later, but even back in 2002 when she visited Mexico, she said Oops and Lonely were her favorite from the tour, so she obviously likes the song. And it's also obvious she enjoys performing Oops, as we saw during the POM show.

Sometimes is the one that hasn't been performed in almost 2 decades, so I can't defend that lol but even when she was specifically asked she wasn't like "OMG I HATE that song", she seemed aware that fans like it and wasn't so mean with her answer. I can't find the interview but it was during the BJ promo. 

I have a feeling she doesn’t hate the songs but she’s not the biggest fan of the bubblegum pop sound. She’s always remixes those songs so they’re more hard hitting. She looked kinda cringe during the Titanic reference in carpool karaoke lol

Archived