Billie Eilish Says She Understands Now Why Britney Shaved Her Head

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Billie Eilish reminds me a lot of Britney, and I can't exactly put my finger on why. Billie has said in the past she's looked up to Britney. Even recently, she wore an outfit with Britney's pictures and name plastered all over it.

In her new interview with Vogue, Billie reveals how her mega stardom is a total mind f--k, and feels like on some level... she can relate to the madness Britney went through in 2007.

rs_634x766-200203094911-634-billie-eilis

"As a fan growing up, I was always like, What the f--k is wrong with them?" she said. "All the scandals. The Britney moment. You grow up thinking they're pretty and they're skinny; why would they f--k it up? But the bigger I get, the more I'm like, Oh, my God, of course they had to do that," she told Vogue. "In my dark places I've worried that I was going to become the stereotype that everybody thinks every young artist becomes, because how can they not? Last year, when I was at my lowest point during the tour in Europe, I was worried I was going to have a breakdown and shave my head."

Thoughts?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I think she likes Britney and have sympathy for her the same way Britney had with Bieber. She is getting so big and she knows Britney was already a ww icon at 18. She suffered with depression and anxiety so she probably thinks she knows what Britney might went thru. Billie probably is feeling the pressure and is really being hated rn.

She has mentioned Britney a few times and it started even before Britney danced to bad guy.

In may she said to Billboard:

Days before Eilish’s Coachella set, she listened to Britney Spears’ discography. “I thought: ‘Oh, this poor girl, this poor girl,’ ” she says now. “Not that I pity anyone -- that’s condescending. I just feel for them.” 

In december she said this about her Britney outfit: 

"It's Britney, obviously, so that's number one. It was repurposed, so it was a bunch of old clothes that we made. The brand that we worked with made it into a new outfit. I have a whole thing about that now, — just to save resources and save energy and be better for the world — to repurpose stuff and re-wear stuff."

Asked how she would react if Spears notices the ensemble, Eilish gushed with excitement. "I hope she sees it. I didn’t do it for her to see it. I just did it because I love her and I’m always trying to rep her. Oh, God, Britney is such an icon. I love her so much," 

In december she said to NME:

But, we ask, what was her album of the year? “Lana [Del Rey] is always f**king killer on everything she does,” she says. “But honestly, I’ve been listening to old **** from Britney Spears, The Black Eyed Peas and Avril Lavigne.”

• Leader
36 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That's amazing that she has so much clarity at such a young age, but at the same time no young person should be having this thoughts already... The industry praises her talents and catapults her to fame but in the end that's not a good thing to do, no extreme can be healthy.

MTE. I've watched some of her recent interviews and she has a great mindset for being only 18 

She's Avril 2.0. I wouldn't be surprised that in like 2 years she's gonna drop this whole r/Im14andthisisdeep emo **** wearing ugly, baggy expensive clothes and mubling creepy lyrics into the mic facade and suddenly gets all girly again. 

What does Billie have in common with Britney? 1. Both are female artists 2. Both successful at 18 and that's about IT! Billie is a complete different artist from Britney, I'm getting tired of the comparisions when yall are grasping for straws.

As if Billie could unterstand what Britney has been through. :tiffeyeroll:

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Billie Eilish reminds me a lot of Britney, and I can't exactly put my finger on why. Billie has said in the past she's looked up to Britney. Even recently, she wore an outfit with Britney's pictures and name plastered all over it.

In her new interview with Vogue, Billie reveals how her mega stardom is a total mind f--k, and feels like on some level... she can relate to the madness Britney went through in 2007.

rs_634x766-200203094911-634-billie-eilis

"As a fan growing up, I was always like, What the f--k is wrong with them?" she said. "All the scandals. The Britney moment. You grow up thinking they're pretty and they're skinny; why would they f--k it up? But the bigger I get, the more I'm like, Oh, my God, of course they had to do that," she told Vogue. "In my dark places I've worried that I was going to become the stereotype that everybody thinks every young artist becomes, because how can they not? Last year, when I was at my lowest point during the tour in Europe, I was worried I was going to have a breakdown and shave my head."

Thoughts?

I wish people would just stop comparing struggling with fame and being clinically depressed and borderline suicidal over your children being taken away from you as they are far from the same thing

i'm coming around to william for sure,  i liked her when she was an up and comer (My Boy is a bop), then she blew tf up and all the little 13 year old fans turned me tf off, like seeing so many being like SHE'S NOT LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS...SHE'S NOT POP MUSIC (she very clearly is pop music, pop music can be very experimental and artistic), or them going thru that pre-teen phase where you get obsessed with someone that represents "different" to you (my generation + the youngest millennial too probably had this with late game emo music i.e. Paramore, Fall out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco etc) and just come off in such a cringe inducing way, but i'm warming to her especially since she's getting too much **** which is offsetting her fanbase putting me off + i'm seeing more of her personality. she seems very self aware, very humble, very wise for her age. she didn't deserve to get as many grammy's as she did imo, record of the year + album of the year should've gone to Lana (she wasn't nominated for record of the year but should've been) for really putting together an astounding, fully realized album that showed her near decade-long evolution + she's been snubbed the entire decade even worse than britney was at her peak since at least brit WON one of her noms, and Ariana should've gotten pop vocal album & a nomination and win for Thank U, Next for song of the year (seriously how did 7 rings get noms but not TU,N?....) for also delivering what is probably her magnum opus especially since it was during a bad time for her & done in such a short time...billie would've been totally good winning pop solo performance & best new artist (that second one was really deserved honestly like no one else deserved it but her). combined she and her brother (who generally won in association to billie) just got too many grammy's and the way ariana and lana got snubbed when they brought their best & have defined pop this decade...i dont blame billie for the "please don't be me" comment, girl is well aware of the **** she was gonna get and how iut's gonna build and build into what britney went thru. smart girl. i hope she doesn't endure the hell britney did...also hope they collab! maybe brit could give her some guidance.

49 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That's amazing that she has so much clarity at such a young age, but at the same time no young person should be having this thoughts already... The industry praises her talents and catapults her to fame but in the end that's not a good thing to do, no extreme can be healthy.

It reminds of how one of Britney's old dancers from way back said that when she first came out she used to cry nearly after every show and the only way she would be happy was by going on shopping sprees with her close friends and female dancers

33 minutes ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

i'm coming around to william for sure,  i liked her when she was an up and comer (My Boy is a bop), then she blew tf up and all the little 13 year old fans turned me tf off, like seeing so many being like SHE'S NOT LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS...SHE'S NOT POP MUSIC (she very clearly is pop music, pop music can be very experimental and artistic), or them going thru that pre-teen phase where you get obsessed with someone that represents "different" to you (my generation + the youngest millennial too probably had this with late game emo music i.e. Paramore, Fall out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco etc) and just come off in such a cringe inducing way, but i'm warming to her especially since she's getting too much **** which is offsetting her fanbase putting me off + i'm seeing more of her personality. she seems very self aware, very humble, very wise for her age. she didn't deserve to get as many grammy's as she did imo, record of the year + album of the year should've gone to Lana (she wasn't nominated for record of the year but should've been) for really putting together an astounding, fully realized album that showed her near decade-long evolution + she's been snubbed the entire decade even worse than britney was at her peak since at least brit WON one of her noms, and Ariana should've gotten pop vocal album & a nomination and win for Thank U, Next for song of the year (seriously how did 7 rings get noms but not TU,N?....) for also delivering what is probably her magnum opus especially since it was during a bad time for her & done in such a short time...billie would've been totally good winning pop solo performance & best new artist (that second one was really deserved honestly like no one else deserved it but her). combined she and her brother (who generally won in association to billie) just got too many grammy's and the way ariana and lana got snubbed when they brought their best & have defined pop this decade...i dont blame billie for the "please don't be me" comment, girl is well aware of the **** she was gonna get and how iut's gonna build and build into what britney went thru. smart girl. i hope she doesn't endure the hell britney did...also hope they collab! maybe brit could give her some guidance.

People are already attacking her left and right. The hatred is going wild. Other popstars fans are pressed af about her success - mainly Beyonces fans. Before turning 18 she even said she was scared to turn 18 bc she knew people would start to bash her even more bc she wouldnt be a minor anymore. The same thing that happened to Britney. Only difference between them is the industry like her more, but lets see if eventually they wont turn their backs to her. 

These people are crazy. Shes just a kid. If u dont like her, just ignore but grown up adults being angry and pressed af doing rants attacking the girl when outlets post about her just doesnt sit right. I saw so many women and who think they are feminists bc they support a Black artist laughing at Billie. i saw many black dudes saying all these people act like white saviors (Adele, Billie, Joaquin Phoenix) but they never reject their awards when they dont deserve them. I mean, get a grip people. And what if she sees these comments bc shes tagged on these posts? I mean, shes only a teenager and people are being so mean to her. If shes so annoying and without any talent, why are they reading about her in the first place? I mean, I dont waste my time seeing or reading about artists i dont give a **** about.

They just attack other artists and ***** when anyone else but Beyonce wins smt. If they had spend all this energy streaming her songs, her latest attempts instead, maybe she wouldnt have flopped so hard. Maybe whatever song she did for lion king would be the new Shallow as they hoped itd be. 

• Super Mods

I mean she barely turned 18 and look at what she’s already accomplished. She’s toured all over the world, just swept the Grammys, has been awarded by many other institutions, and in general went from regular teenager to a popstar. I really can’t imagine how she can handle all of that; I appreciate she’s at least being honest with herself and in interviews. :lemmetellu:

I know she and her brother are really close, and she mentioned that her parents were at every tour stop with her. I’m glad they’re supportive; I pray she’s surrounded by many more supportive individuals that won’t push her too hard or too far without taking into account her headspace. 

I love me some Billie.. seems super sweet and down to earth (just like B) but girl, if you think what you’re going through is even a fraction of the scrutiny and pressure Britney was dealing with in 2007 you better get out while you’re on top. 

I’m so fascinated by these young pop stars who can’t seem to handle fame and who are literally crying for help and yet choose to go on. Every other day someone’s pouring their heart out via social media, magazine interviews, documentaries etc. about how difficult it is Yet they continue to push themselves to a breaking point. 

5 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

It reminds of how one of Britney's old dancers from way back said that when she first came out she used to cry nearly after every show and the only way she would be happy was by going on shopping sprees with her close friends and female dancers

What?! I didn't know that!! :O She definitely finds confort in shopping, she did it A LOT during 2007...

i mean.... i do understand that she means by relating to it but still she should probably not compare her situation to Britneys. i just think ppl shave their heads everyday. not all of them become a news by that. and i think it really shouldn't be minded as a crazy move. it is some1s choice and so many years after we shouldn't really talk about it. cause it was in 2007. oh god it is more than a decade now and we still talking about Britney shaving her head. i guess ppl would bring it up eventually but maybe now in more simpathetic way.   

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, Z_Phoenix20 said:

I swear the delusion sometimes on this fansite y’all over analyze sometimes :holduplisten:

I mean we have a 3000+ page thread about Britney’s conservatorship and people have exposed more information and documents then FBI agents have :akii: Leave it to Exhale tbh :queenflopga:

Archived