Billie Eilish Says She Understands Now Why Britney Shaved Her Head

Jordan Miller

10 hours ago, zenden78 said:

i mean.... i do understand that she means by relating to it but still she should probably not compare her situation to Britneys. i just think ppl shave their heads everyday. not all of them become a news by that. and i think it really shouldn't be minded as a crazy move. it is some1s choice and so many years after we shouldn't really talk about it. cause it was in 2007. oh god it is more than a decade now and we still talking about Britney shaving her head. i guess ppl would bring it up eventually but maybe now in more simpathetic way.   

I get what she meant. That she is going thru some similar stuff Britney went thru in the beggining of her career - even tho what Britney went thru was in worse proportions. All this overnight fame, success and fame all over the world at just 18 years old. Sexualization, pressure and hate coming from so many people and media. Billie has suffered with depression and anxiety, so I think maybe she meant that fame, pressure and harassment from the media and people (hating or expecting so much from her) can make ur mental state worse. Of course that in Britneys case that were other things in her personal life as well, but who followed Britney knows that her breakdown point wasnt overnight. Billie has mentioned her a few times and always has been respectful. She said before she felt for her but not in a condescending way. I think its totally different from someone like Shawn Mendes that when he had to imitate Britney so other people could guess, he pretended to shave his head laughing. This is f**king disrespectful bc its like the biggest thing she did was shaving her head when she had such a successful career and iconic moments. On the other hand, Billie isnt laughing e isnt calling Britney crazy. She is talking about pressure, fame and what this can do to you at such a young age. She wanted to say she now understands why so many famous people get to the point where Britney got bc shes feeling the pressure. She mentioned Britney bc not only she likes Britney but bc Britney is also the biggest star who went thru such a public breakdown. I dont think in any moment she wanted to say she is suffering the same way Britney did or that she is as famous as Britney is. I dont think she is comparing her fame or her pain to Britneys but only saying she now understands bc since she got famous she already had a moment she almost did smt similar to what Britney did. She is saying she doesnt judge these people anymore bc now shes older and famous, she understands. She showed nothing but love and sympathy for Britney imo.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, F r e e Brit said:

Take note Katy Perry - you want to reference Britney shaving her head? This is how you do it.

Thou shall not disrespect the Queen.

Exactly. A 18 years old is showing sympathy towards Britney. Shes saying she understands Britney and she isnt mocking Britney in any way. 

Kunty Perry made a really bad taste joke not only about Britney but also about mental healthy. And she said that laughing. Im glad she was dragged bc of that. She probably thought everyone was going to think she was funny that pos. 

This here was also very disrespectful but at least Shawn was like a teenager at the time. Katy was already in her 30s and always said to be a feminist lol but there she was trashing Britney for no reason at all.

She reminds me nothing of Britney :zoomzoom:

Let me not shade Billie, anyway..

I'm glad she gets it but she will never be as big as Britney in her day and if Billie went and shaved her head everyone would have probably been like "YAS QUEEN" "PUNK QUEEN" or whatever. Britney was and always has been held to a different standard for some reason. It's not right.

I’m really starting to like her! When I first found out about her I thought she was one of those “I’m not like the other girls” popstar (Avril Lavigne 2.0) and that she would start to shade Britney and stuff but I’m glad that she has acknowledged Britney’s impact! 

I'm not into the fandom scene much anymore, so its shocking to hear that she's getting hate and backlash, ultimately because of people liking her and her being successful. bad guy is clearly one of the best pop songs in recent memory, and her other work is good too. Some of the backlash is because of her lack of singing ability and the fact that she whispers? Lol! Another similarity to Britney.

1 hour ago, Lorenzo said:

I’m really starting to like her! When I first found out about her I thought she was one of those “I’m not like the other girls” popstar (Avril Lavigne 2.0) and that she would start to shade Britney and stuff but I’m glad that she has acknowledged Britney’s impact! 

I like that about her too! She is the It girl rn but she isnt shading older popstars or implying shes better bc she sings live, writes her own music or doesnt show her body. She even said she doesnt know if shell change in the future. Bc Avril and Pink were like that in the past. Acting like they were so different and they would never change.

Also she loves and praises Avril all the time when nobody but her in the industry cares about Avril anymore. So she doesnt love/praise only trendy and acclaimed artists. 

And tbh idk why Gagas fans were so pressed about her saying her meat dress was yuck. That dress was gross and Billie is a vegan. Billie wasnt attacking Gaga as an artist, she only said yuck when her brother talked about the dress. Idk what all the fuss was about.

24 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

I'm not into the fandom scene much anymore, so its shocking to hear that she's getting hate and backlash, ultimately because of people liking her and her being successful. bad guy is clearly one of the best pop songs in recent memory, and her other work is good too. Some of the backlash is because of her lack of singing ability and the fact that she whispers? Lol! Another similarity to Britney.

She is pretty, seems down to earth, seems nice, sings in a different way and is now the most successful female out there at only 18. Other popstars fans (mainly Beyonces) are pressed af. She is getting so much hate for everything she says or does. The same **** Britney got for the same reasons, only difference Britney even got worse bc of playback, dating JT and being ****. 

Props to Billie. Of course their situations are different, but she’s definitely facing enough stardom pressure now to empathise to an extent. Britney was really the first of her breed: a teenage girl mega star in the new technology era and the amount of scrutiny that she was under was practically unprecedented. I’ve noticed that a lot more people are becoming more understanding about Britney in general and I think that’s a good thing.

9 hours ago, Bundy said:

And tbh idk why Gagas fans were so pressed about her saying her meat dress was yuck. That dress was gross and Billie is a vegan. Billie wasnt attacking Gaga as an artist, she only said yuck when her brother talked about the dress. Idk what all the fuss was about.

You should’ve seen their reaction on ATRL lol. Because right after her comment about Gaga’s meat dress she wore that Britney outfit and called her an icon in an interview and they had some serious meltdowns over that lol 

15 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

You should’ve seen their reaction on ATRL lol. Because right after her comment about Gaga’s meat dress she wore that Britney outfit and called her an icon in an interview and they had some serious meltdowns over that lol 

Hahaha Ive seen some on the internet saying she bashed Gaga bc shes a Britney fan lol i but they were dragging Billie for what her brother said, i mean? I think the fact in the same interview Finneas said "and Britney danced to bad guy" as a validation for the songs success also sent them lol  But anyway, I didnt know everyone in the planet has to think her meat dress was amazing when it was really disgusting. gagas fans just arent more annoying than Beyonces

I saw some Beyonces fans yday bashing Billie bc of what she said about Britney. They thought she was implying she is as famous as Britney and were dragging her saying "how old was she in 2007?" "Is she already comparing herself to Britneys fame that soon?", "Didnt she just got famous now?"

I mean, they dont even care about Britney but they are so pressed about her success that they will drag her for whatever she says from now on :ririshade2:

Archived