[Video] Britney really didn't like 'Sometimes'

jennyj

In this interview, Britney was interviewed for her new single 'Sometimes', and while she did her job, you can tell she really didn't care for it at all by her attitude and tone when talking about it, except for the choregraphy part... it's pretty weird given that it's her 2nd single ever and she was still fresh on the scene, so you'd think she'd be excited and happy for it.  At least she slayed in the video as usual.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it wasn't made by her so that might a reason but it doesn't necessarily mean she hates it. It's like a regular job, you may sometimes like what you do or you may not. The song is so cute and sweet but at this point I don't think she feels related in any way to it and unlike some of her other early hits, it would sound weird if it's remixed in other genre. 

Imagine an urban version of Sometimes :blol:

Every new celebrity has to release singles they don’t care for. Record labels do that, not conservatorships.

And her saying she hated the song during the Onyx Hotel Tour was just a comedic punchline. It wasn’t a scream for help.

I don’t think she actually hates it. :whatitellu:

16 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

It makes me sad that she never really liked Sometimes, when its one of her best and SAVED her from being a one hit wonder! But wow you might be right that she either REALLY disliked it or was bored/tired.

Its a shame cause I think its one of her most cutest videos and she looks SO beautiful and gorgeous in it, almost like an angel! Its also my fave video from her, thats why I have the screenshot as my profile pic

Anyways wow I CANT believe its 20 YEARS OLD!! DAMN! Time sure goes by quickly!

RIght?? I actually loved it. And it's so true, it saved her from being a one-hit wonder, like most others in that time suffered from.  I would understand if she didn't care for it now, but back then it's kinda strange.

23 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Every new celebrity has to release singles they don’t care for. Record labels do that, not conservatorships.

And her saying she hated the song during the Onyx Hotel Tour was just a comedic punchline. It wasn’t a scream for help.

no one was talking about c-ship, you are obsessed :nyheadache:

..Meh.. it’s normal.. Britney wanted to do the up tempo creative and new type stuff.. she wanted to dance and show off her chops (which was hardcore choreography) and “sometimes” didn’t seem like her total vibe.. that’s why she went on to do suuuuuper uptempo “pop records” ; oops, and slave.. etc etc... that’s what she wanted and she was smart because uptempo was her game !! Although.. higher ups aren’t always wrong for making the artist dive into other territory and pick up different groups of fans.. like Nicki m hated super bass and didn’t want to release it but her label added it as a bonus track and it will be her most successful song this year hitting diamond status. Pretty good for a female rapper.. but long story short.. in order to be a successful “pop” artist u listen to ur “pop” management who are supposed to know the songs and demographic in which material will hit it big so it’s all part of the game.

3 hours ago, colormefresh said:

1 hour ago, colormefresh said:

Me. :whatitellu:

16 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

I’m obsessed??! :ehum:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ccaa97e696a326b4d

I'm confused by people saying Sometimes saved her from being a one hit wonder when pretty much that entire era she had 5 hits back to back?

They literally did so right with the singles

BOMT, Sometimes, Crazy, BTMYH and FTBOMBH were all singles worthy

I think they released Sometimes because BOMT was getting a lot of negative attention in terms of her being too ******. So they wanted a more wholesome image to calm those who boycotted record stores. Im not sure, was the Rolling Stones, before or after Sometimes? Maybe she initially had another single in mind that got scrapped for Sometimes. Same goes for Outrageous maybe

1 hour ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I think they released Sometimes because BOMT was getting a lot of negative attention in terms of her being too ******. So they wanted a more innocent image to calm those who boycotted record stores. Im not sure, was the Rolling Stones, before or after Sometimes? Maybe she initially had another single in mind that got scrapped for this? 

I WILL BE THERE got scrapped

but

when they released SOMETIMES , this picture was published in every teen mag at the time, no scandal then?

54d39d490dd91ebdb296b1813f5e8b80.jpg

• Content Curators
3 hours ago, Kiey said:

Shame the video is probably one of her weakest but I have been loving BTMYH lately. What a beautiful sad song and her voice is so gorgeous on it

That vid is NOT her weakest are you kidding me :joanne:

make me pretty girls say HELLO

Even though I love the video for Sometimes and she looks SO BEAUTIFUL in it, the song was never one of my favs, not even back then..

Born to Make you Happy on the other hand is my 2nd favorite song from the album and I don't know why but I always get extremely nostalgic when I hear it, to the point that I actually avoid listening to it because it really moves me and makes me wish I was 10 again! :crying1:

7 hours ago, colormefresh said:

i think she likes BOMT but yes she is not an artist who is very involved in her career but i think when it comes to performances thats when i could really see Britney and feel a genuine love for what she does... not so much her music in terms of production and song writing :schoolingtime:

Archived