Breaking: Britney's Co-Conservator, Andrew Wallet, Requests Court Approve His Request To Resign Immediately

glorybitch

4 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Legally Kevin has custody, but they do have them 50/50. Why I think Kevin is shady for asking for so much money when he knows she takes care of all their needs and has them half of the time.

Agreed.

I think people get confused by the "legal" part. The legal and the real-life situation can often be two completely different things.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Didn't he say he got her off ***** in 2008?

I didn't see him mention that there had been a single flare up since then. If there had been, you'd think he'd mention it to justify why the c-ship should continue. But he didn't.

The accusations about Wallet embezzling, wouldn't this have to be fairly recent?

The NYTimes, one of the biggest news publications did a fairly in-depth profile on her conservatorship less than three years ago.  

There's no way it could have been going on then, if it happened.

47 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

The accusations about Wallet embezzling, wouldn't this have to be fairly recent?

The NYTimes, one of the biggest news publications did a fairly in-depth profile on her conservatorship less than three years ago.  

There's no way it could have been going on then, if it happened.

Where is the embezzling accusation coming from? The podcast? I haven't listened to it yet.

Maybe we'll get a new update from the NYTimes now that these events have occurred?

15 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Where is the embezzling accusation coming from? The podcast? I haven't listened to it yet.

Maybe we'll get a new update from the NYTimes now that these events have occurred?

From the podcast, it's just speculation though. I don't think Jamie or Wallet were stealing from Britney, it doesn't make any sense. Jamie's not married, he doesn't have another family, he's sick and I'm sure he wouldn't let some random lawyer steal from her daughter. The only possibility is that they invested money on some business that failed, harming Britney's state and that she asked for Wallet's resignation. Or maybe MGM's suing them or Jamie just wants to make sure that Britney's conservator is a relative in case he dies. I wouldn't want my daughter to be under some random guy's control either. Or maybe Britney's having another breakdown and Wallet can't keep doing his job anymore. We really don't know what's happening.

19 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

From the podcast, it's just speculation though. I don't think Jamie or Wallet were stealing from Britney, it doesn't make any sense. Jamie's not married, he doesn't have another family, he's sick and I'm sure he wouldn't let some random lawyer steal from her daughter. The only possibility is that they invested money on some business that failed, harming Britney's state and she asked for Wallet's resigning. Or maybe MGM's suing them or he just wants to make sure that Britney's conservator is a relative in case he dies. I wouldn't want my daighter to be under some random guy's control either. or maybe Britney's having another meltdown and Wallet can't keep doing his job. We really don't know what's happening.

I doubt there's any stealing going on, either.

If anything, I can see Wallet being pissed with Jamie for not backing out of the tour manager role. Jamie has inserted himself into Britney's career to such an extent that when he gets sick she has to shut it all down until he's well. That's not right. It's probably cost them millions!

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

From the podcast, it's just speculation though. I don't think Jamie or Wallet were stealing from Britney, it doesn't make any sense. Jamie's not married, he doesn't have another family, he's sick and I'm sure he wouldn't let some random lawyer steal from her daughter. The only possibility is that they invested money on some business that failed, harming Britney's state and that she asked for Wallet's resigning. Or maybe MGM's suing them or he just wants to make sure that Britney's conservator is a relative in case he dies. I wouldn't want my daughter to be under some random guy's control either. Or maybe Britney's having another meltdown and Wallet can't keep doing his job. We really don't know what's happening.

It’s just weird cuz she looked fine, like she was doing rehearsals and she looked into it. Everything seemed fine until the month before she announced the cancellation, it came out of nowhere. I doubt she had a meltdown but something sketchy is definitely going on. 

Is MGM really suing her? I don’t know if it looks good on their end to do so since they publicly are supportive of her postponing the show and they got Janet to step in. Are they really losing money on this? 

• Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If anything, I can see Wallet being pissed with Jamie for not backing out of the tour manager role. Jamie has inserted himself into Britney's career to such an extent that when he gets sick she has to shut down it all down until he's well. That's not right. It's probably cost them millions!

This sounds very believable, I really do think Jamie is that stubborn. I mean he was appointed as a conservator because of that and not Lynne would just bend at anyone’s will.  It also aligns with her message about taking a break to be with her father as she really can’t do anything without her dad. Can’t say I blame him as I don’t want a stranger being in charge of my daughter. 

2 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

This sounds very believable, I really do think Jamie is that stubborn. I mean he was appointed as a conservator because of that and not Lynne would just bend at anyone’s will.  It also aligns with her message about taking a break to be with her father as she really can’t do anything without her dad. Can’t say I blame him as I don’t want a stranger being in charge of my daughter. 

But Jamie can be a conservator without being a tour manager. There can be a separation there.

He wasn't her tour manager for the Circus era -- and the quality of that era was far beyond anything we've had since.

It was only during the FF era that he stepped in and began calling the day-to-day, minute-to-minute shots -- doing things like arranging her security detail and making her schedule. I'm sure Robin Greenhill did much of that when Jamie was working with Jamie Lynn, but Britney must be highly aware of how these two people have inserted themselves into her career when they were absent pre-2010. Just think of how that must influence her daily attitude towards her work.

26 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If anything, I can see Wallet being pissed with Jamie for not backing out of the tour manager role. Jamie has inserted himself into Britney's career to such an extent that when he gets sick she has to shut it all down until he's well. That's not right. It's probably cost them millions!

I think that's it :mhmnod:

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But Jamie can be a conservator without being a tour manager. There can be a separation there.

He wasn't her tour manager for the Circus era -- and the quality of that era was far beyond anything we've had since.

It was only during the FF era that he stepped in and began calling the day-to-day, minute-to-minute shots -- doing things like arranging her security detail and making her schedule. I'm sure Robin Greenhill did much of that when Jamie was working with Jamie Lynn, but Britney must be highly aware of how these two people have inserted themselves into her career when they were absent pre-2010. Just think of how that must influence her daily attitude towards her work.

Yeah you’re right cuz I heard the reason she checks each footage shot during a music video shoot was because Jamie doesn’t like her being over the top ****. He’s so much like a dad that got shoved into this new role he’s learning day by day. Like he makes it obvious he’s a dad and can’t seem to separate that when it comes to work. Hopefully Bryan can just step in and take over. 

14 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

source: cappy's *** :jj:

we LOOVE a good A$$... I mean a good source of information :chershade::jj:

14 hours ago, Good4Ya said:

This. ******* be listening to podcasts and reading law blogs just to hit the wall of ignorance because no one on here has the slightest idea of what’s really happening in Britney’s life atm. :howiroll:

But being a Britney fan is sooo boring right now :< We need something interesting to be happening ;) and I don't know about you, but I LOVE a good meltdown thread :jj:

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah you’re right cuz I heard the reason she checks each footage shot during a music video shoot was because Jamie doesn’t like her being over the top ****. He’s so much like a dad that got shoved into this new role he’s learning day by day. Like he makes it obvious he’s a dad and can’t seem to separate that when it comes to work. Hopefully Bryan can just step in and take over. 

It would explain everything -- the "I'm a mom now" phase that came with the FF tour, the scrapped shots from the WB video, the scrapping of the MM video.

I have a hunch Bryan was in the role in 2015/2016 when they were filming the Private Show commercial and the original MM video...But after they scrapped the MM video Jamie stepped back in. Can't prove that, but the theory seems to fit with EVERYTHING.

2 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

From the podcast, it's just speculation though. I don't think Jamie or Wallet were stealing from Britney, it doesn't make any sense. Jamie's not married, he doesn't have another family, he's sick and I'm sure he wouldn't let some random lawyer steal from her daughter. The only possibility is that they invested money on some business that failed, harming Britney's state and that she asked for Wallet's resignation. Or maybe MGM's suing them or Jamie just wants to make sure that Britney's conservator is a relative in case he dies. I wouldn't want my daughter to be under some random guy's control either. Or maybe Britney's having another breakdown and Wallet can't keep doing his job anymore. We really don't know what's happening.

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Agreed.  Just way, way too much scrutiny for that to have ever occurred.

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You really do have to take another look at Jaime after that perfume lawsuit in 2011 that they had to settle...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/britney-inc-court-papers-detail-drama-of-doing-business-with-britney-spears/

https://lawprofessors.typepad.com/contractsprof_blog/2011/06/is-britney-spears-the-new-lady-duff-gordon.html

He tried to cut their licensing firm out of their share of profits.  Maybe he was trying to act in the best interests of her daughter but they pointed out they they made her millions during a time when she otherwise wouldn't be making any money.  He was kind of wrong to do that.

Archived