It's Official! Christina Aguilera Lands Las Vegas Residency!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the.rumour.mill said:

I love all the Britney stans saying it will be empty when ‘Domination’ didn’t even sell out over 50% for its opening night. I love both Britney and Xtina but try again :byetina:     at least one of these two ‘singers’ can actually sing live...that’s why it will be successful 

Don't act like you are all saints, Xtina fans!:fu: 

3 hours ago, the.rumour.mill said:

I love all the Britney stans saying it will be empty when ‘Domination’ didn’t even sell out over 50% for its opening night. I love both Britney and Xtina but try again :byetina:     at least one of these two ‘singers’ can actually sing live...that’s why it will be successful 

Britney spent 4 years in Vegas and had a succesful world tour after that. It's Legendtina's turn now, we'll have to wait and see :janet:

3 hours ago, the.rumour.mill said:

at least one of these two ‘singers’ can actually sing live...that’s why it will be successful 

This logic has never applied to the Britney vs Christina situation. And it definitely doesn't apply now given that Piece of Me HAS been very successful. 

On 1/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, DignifiedLove said:

nope, the receipts are there. not to mention, celine was literally younger than x when she started her residency, but according to your theory, britney made it cool for younger artists to start theirs which is contradictory to what you just said. make it make sense. :deadbanana:as far as the rest goes, i’ve already explained in a different thread (so I’m not trying to do that again) and not one person was able to debunk my argument. at this point, there’s really no point to even try with britards that are so far up britney’s *** but you can try again later. at least the rest of the outside world agrees, including the f**king mayor of las vegas, but go ahead and downvote as if that solidifies anything. in the meantime, take several seats below.

reunioesfornecedores.gif

Gurl, cmon. Celine started 2003... but no "new" artist followed her. Only when Britney was in the middle of her vegas run that jlo, mariah and now lady gaga, backstreet and now xtina, cardi b and drake making residencies. Yes celine is and always be auccessful but pls dont take away from britney's influence. Thanks.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, DignifiedLove said:

lmfao. so typical of a deluded britney stan and this post is exactly the reason why the army gets a bad rep, and why other fanbases feel the nerve to drag her.

so dear, explain to me, with even the receipts I posted, how one of the most successful female artists in history, celine, was ‘commercially dead’, as you like to say, when she launched her residency? celine did vegas after her ‘a new day has come’ album / era, which went #1, went on to sell 12 million copies ww and became one of the biggest selling albums of the year with a massive ww hit. celine was also about 14 years into her COMMERCIAL CAREER and she was just as, if not more, relevant than britney when she pursued her residency in 2013. for f**ks sake, the mayor of LV and the VP of caesars palace praised celine’s efforts for changing the face of vegas, contrary to your biases and unaccredited opinions.

all I have left to say. the opinions of a few britney stans does not equate to facts. and no matter how much you want to fight it, the statistics are there and you can’t erase the history. :mcwave:

The delusion is real lol 

2 hours ago, Glamoramazon said:

Gurl, cmon. Celine started 2003... but no "new" artist followed her. Only when Britney was in the middle of her vegas run that jlo, mariah and now lady gaga, backstreet and now xtina, cardi b and drake making residencies. Yes celine is and always be auccessful but pls dont take away from britney's influence. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, ExhaleBitch said:

The delusion is real lol 

how can it be a delusion when the proof is right in front of you? I still can’t understand why the britards on here remains so blindsided when it comes to the literal facts. yes, britney was the first major artist from her generation to launch a residency so I give her credit for that, but you can also contradict and say there was a paradigm shift and had britney never filled in that void, somebody else from her caliber would. keep in mind, there was a major shift in the music industry during the 2010s and it became cost effective / more profitable for the artist to participate at a residency than to spend countless dollars traveling and struggling to fill massive arenas when there is always an audience in sin city.

but let’s disregard that for  second — the argument then stands, britney was on a commercial decline when she launched her residency, but the main intent of britney’s residency was that she could be at home more and spend time with her kids while making some easy money. on the other hand, celine, who was also in her 30s when launching her residency, wasn’t on a commercial decline unlike britney was at the time of hers so in a sense, celine broke the barrier that vegas was only a place for old folks or in this case, those whose careers had declined.  

now with current artists who are well into their peak like drake, cardi b, and even gaga who’s revived her career this past year, I would say it’s a very far reach to say that britney even crossed their mind solely because these artists weren’t on a decline. now with xtina, she’s not only been on a career decline, but she was also even older than celine was when launching her residency. 

again, I’m not discrediting britney, I love the woman, but I also cannot stand when those from the britney army try to wipe out celine’s las vegas legacy like it had never made an impact — which many stans on here continue to do. by the end of the day, all these major pop artists have influenced eachother, one way or another and we should all just be more thankful instead of always unfairly pitting two artists against eachother. good for britney, jlo, mariah, cardi, gaga, drake, xtina and any future artist that chooses to do a residency.

like i said before, the future of touring lies in sin city. easy money, marketable and showcases the artist to be seen in a more personable light.

here’s an article that includes britney’s words herself which states how she, as “newer generation pop artist” was inspired by an “in-her-prime superstar” like celine to launch a residency.

A84-FE0-DE-B12-D-43-E2-911-B-5-AA84-BD04

you guys done now?

must be good for fans who waited 10 years for a tour and new album. yet still looks like really rushed. just hope it would be more enternaining than her last show. still would much prefer her going on a world tour. singers this days really forget Europe. And it's sad ppl need to buy tickets to go to vegas overseas than actually a singer coming to their country.

6 minutes ago, ExhaleBitch said:

what proof?? LOL you have too much free time. :overitkbye:

yes dear, reading comprehension might not be your strong suit but give it a shot. but from the looks of it, you’re just another one of those sheep britney followers that blindly listens and follows what you only want to hear and see. shocked but not surprised. :well:

The thing with Celine it's not a matter of age or sales. She might have been an "in her prime" superstar, whatever that meant for her career, but I seriously ignore in what country or what world she was considered a current, popular artist. I think, it must be a matter of audiences instead, and that's why we, britards, fail to make a connection between an artist like Celine Dion and another one like Britney, and all the following artists that have launched a residency (after Britney's impact ;) ) because they just belong to different baskets than Celine.

Celine might have paved the way, in terms of what a residency is or can be, and nobody is denying that. But it's not about who did it first or who did it before who, because in that case we would have to go back in time to whoever did the first ever Vegas residency, but that's not the point.

Celine's first residency started in 2003, and maybe some other residencies by older acts came after that, but 10 years were needed before a major, still current popstar decided to go to Las Vegas, and that was Britney Spears. Within the next couple of years, after Britney's residency launched, all these residencies by current artists, or artists from a newer, younger (than Celine's) generation started to appear. So it's obvious and completely logical that we're gonna relate all these residencies with the latest, most recent one which is Britney's, rather than think about Celine who has been for ages in Vegas and hadn't triggered this explosion of residencies (by current artists).

What I mean is that, if the impact and influence of Celine's residency was so big and changed so much the perspective that people and artists had about Vegas, and made residencies so appealing to newer acts, why didn't all these artists start launching residencies years ago? :beynah: Even Britney herself, why didn't her residency start in 2005, or 2007 or 2009? Jennifer, Mariah, etc. Why were people like Madonna or Christina's manager still talking about Vegas residencies as, basically the place for hasbeens and old acts just a few years ago if Celine changed that view 15 years ago?

It's undeniable that Britney with her POM changed Las Vegas landscape and before her, I don't think the hotel chains in Las Vegas were even thinking about signing young acts, or acts that appeal to the younger audiences. They probably must've thought it would be the worst decision possible, since that wasn't the demographic that Las Vegas shows had been traditionally directed to. But Britney changed that.

54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The thing with Celine it's not a matter of age or sales. She might have been an "in her prime" superstar, whatever that meant for her career, but I seriously ignore in what country or what world she was considered a current, popular artist. I think, it must be a matter of audiences instead, and that's why we, britards, fail to make a connection between an artist like Celine Dion and another one like Britney, and all the following artists that have launched a residency (after Britney's impact ;) ) because they just belong to different baskets than Celine.

Celine might have paved the way, in terms of what a residency is or can be, and nobody is denying that. But it's not about who did it first or who did it before who, because in that case we would have to go back in time to whoever did the first ever Vegas residency, but that's not the point.

Celine's first residency started in 2003, and maybe some other residencies by older acts came after that, but 10 years were needed before a major, still current popstar decided to go to Las Vegas, and that was Britney Spears. Within the next couple of years, after Britney's residency launched, all these residencies by current artists, or artists from a newer, younger (than Celine's) generation started to appear. So it's obvious and completely logical that we're gonna relate all these residencies with the latest, most recent one which is Britney's, rather than think about Celine who has been for ages in Vegas and hadn't triggered this explosion of residencies (by current artists).

What I mean is that, if the impact and influence of Celine's residency was so big and changed so much the perspective that people and artists had about Vegas, and made residencies so appealing to newer acts, why didn't all these artists start launching residencies years ago? :beynah: Even Britney herself, why didn't her residency start in 2005, or 2007 or 2009? Jennifer, Mariah, etc. Why were people like Madonna or Christina's manager still talking about Vegas residencies as, basically the place for hasbeens and old acts just a few years ago if Celine changed that view 15 years ago?

It's undeniable that Britney with her POM changed Las Vegas landscape and before her, I don't think the hotel chains in Las Vegas were even thinking about signing young acts, or acts that appeal to the younger audiences. They probably must've thought it would be the worst decision possible, since that wasn't the demographic that Las Vegas shows had been traditionally directed to. But Britney changed that.

I love you :kiss:

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5833390

Archived