It's Official! Christina Aguilera Lands Las Vegas Residency!

Jordan Miller

You know it’s funny back when Britney done POM people were slating her for it calling her a has been and she’s there to rot etc....well look now literally every artist is or wants to do a recidency. 

I think xtina will do ok but I don’t see her doing a long run tbh. But she could make it a burlesque inspirered/showgirl show and make it more then a normal show I think that could work for xtina and different.

im really surprised Madonna has taken up a recidency tbh I mean she would do really well there. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

You know it’s funny back when Britney done POM people were slating her for it calling her a has been and she’s there to rot etc....well look now literally every artist is or wants to do a recidency. 

I think xtina will do ok but I don’t see her doing a long run tbh. But she could make it a burlesque inspirered/showgirl show and make it more then a normal show I think that could work for xtina and different.

im really surprised Madonna has taken up a recidency tbh I mean she would do really well there. 

Madonna doesn't need a residency shes the biggest grossing solo touring act of all time even with her latest tours Madge brings in millions of fans and millions of dollars.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7271843/madonna-extends-record-highest-grossing-solo-touring-artist

Madonna Extends Record as Highest-Grossing Solo Touring Artist: $1.31 Billion Earned

Her recently completed Rebel Heart Tour earned $170 million & sold more than 1 million tickets.

Top Grossing Billboard Boxscore Touring Acts*

1. The Rolling Stones — $1.84 billion
  2. U2 — $1.67 billion
  3. Madonna — $1.31 billion
  4. Bruce Springsteen — $1.25 billion
  5. Elton John — $1.05 billion
  6. Bon Jovi — $1.03 billion

giphy.gif

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, ChaoticShowdown said:

Another has been does Vegas..... yawn...

Judging by the footage of xtinas last tour Britney' s tacky cheap low energy tour will no longer be the tackiest, cheapest residency in Vegas history.

Finally a popstar with worse stage looks than Britney.

Well done Bustedkneey for being second worst.

Incorrect actually for most of the us tour Britney literally had 2 rectangular prisms with a fog machine 

Christina atleast had cool props, stage lifts, pyrotechnics 

yeah it was shitty but it was better than whatever the **** that pom stage was for the us leg

9 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

awww good for her. so thankful for artists like Celine who changed the face of modern-day Las Vegas entertainment. :bareclap:

Girl what?

U do know that Britney is credited as bringing young audiences and artists with a fresher artistry right?

FORBES credited her for it..+many more publications.

NO ONE has said that Celine didnt give her own impact to Vegas.But Xtina going wouldnt have happened if Britney didnt step there first. Since she reinvented this trend.

No one was doing residencies that much and it was for failing careers as so many publications have said. (And Britney still had a thriving career when she signed her Vegas contract (the FemmeFatale era+S&S hit incoming)).

But okay! Say that Celine started it..but I am gonna say that Elvis started it ALL.

****..I can even say Britney started it in 2001 just to troll ya.

But ya..before coming here shading all Britney stans (in their own fandom) and saying Celine started it with receipt from a Known Britney Hater, think about who actually started this.

Sad that the "fan" in you didnt think of looking at the receipts that BRITNEY fans are giving to show her legacy tho..proves u should take a break from this forum, BYE :tiffcackle:

8 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

lmfao. so typical of a deluded britney stan and this post is exactly the reason why the army gets a bad rep, and why other fanbases feel the nerve to drag her.

so dear, explain to me, with even the receipts I posted, how one of the most successful female artists in history, celine, was ‘commercially dead’, as you like to say, when she launched her residency? celine did vegas after her ‘a new day has come’ album / era, which went #1, went on to sell 12 million copies ww and became one of the biggest selling albums of the year with a massive ww hit. celine was also about 14 years into her COMMERCIAL CAREER and she was just as, if not more, relevant than britney when she pursued her residency in 2013. for f**ks sake, the mayor of LV and the VP of caesars palace praised celine’s efforts for changing the face of vegas, contrary to your biases and unaccredited opinions.

all I have left to say. the opinions of a few britney stans does not equate to facts. and no matter how much you want to fight it, the statistics are there and you can’t erase the history. :mcwave:

I mean I get it. Celine did that.

But would all the residencies that happened after Britney still have happened if she didn’t do it?

Mariah

Jlo

Gwen Stefani

Backstreet Boys

Lady Gaga

Cardi B

like didn’t Britney make it “cool” for 20 something year olds to make it to Vegas? Or was it the EDM DJs and whatever?

because all I could think of before Britney did her residency and after Celine did hers were

Shania Twain and Elton John

maybe Donny and Marie

like those are the people my mom listens to.

12 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

But would all the residencies that happened after Britney still have happened if she didn’t do it?

Mariah

Jlo

Gwen Stefani

Backstreet Boys

Lady Gaga

Cardi B

like didn’t Britney make it “cool” for 20 something year olds to make it to Vegas? Or was it the EDM DJs and whatever?

because all I could think of before Britney did her residency and after Celine did hers were

maybe Donny and Marie

I agree, of course Britney had a huge influence, after 2013 everybody is in Vegas and not just because of Celine. When Celine startet there, not many followed her to go to Vegas. 

Christina, I love you girl, but for GWEN STEFANI to do one before you is just sad. I mean cool that you're performing again and released a great album but you, Mariah, JLO and britney should've been the big pop girls to do it.

At least Gaga is doing something different with hers with having a pop show and a jazz show

57 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

Mariah

Jlo

Gwen Stefani

Backstreet Boys

Lady Gaga

Cardi B

maybe Donny and Marie

it’s tough to say or predict the outcome of a question that cannot be forseen. it’s like asking — would there have been a pop music revival had Britney not released baby one more time? 

with britney, she was the first major artist from her generation to launch a residency so I give her credit for that, but you can also contradict and say there was a paradigm shift and had britney never filled in that void, somebody else from her caliber would. 

the argument then stands — britney was on a commercial decline when she launched her residency, but the main intent of britney’s residency was that she could be at home more and spend time with her kids. on the other hand, celine, who was also in her 30s when she launched her residency, was actually far more commercially successful than britney was at the time of hers so in a sense, it was celine who broke the barrier that vegas was only a place for old folks or those whose careers had declined.  

now with current artists who are well into their peak like drake, cardi b, and even gaga who’s revived her career this past year, I would say it’s a very far reach to say that britney even crossed their mind solely because these artists weren’t on a decline. now with xtina, she’s not only been on a career decline, but she was also even older than celine was when launching her residency. 

again, I’m not discrediting britney, I love the woman, but I also cannot stand when those from the britney army try to wipe out celine’s las vegas legacy like it had never made an impact — which many stans on here continue to do. by the end of the day, all these major pop artists have influenced eachother, one way or another and we should all just be more thankful instead of always unfairly pitting two artists against eachother. good for britney, jlo, mariah, cardi, gaga, drake, xtina and any future artist that chooses to do a residency.

like i said before, the future of touring lies in sin city. easy money, marketable and showcases the artist to be seen in a more personable light. 

Archived