Happy 20th Anniversary to one of the GREATEST VMA moments of all time! Daily reminder that Britney Spears ******* DID THAT.

Just now, puppylo16 said:

Yeah I was thinking of that moment, there’s nothing wrong with wanting a good epic performance but she was saying things like “I want people to remember the performance years later.” “I want what Britney did, be iconic and memorable. It needs to be big and epic” while people are saying that she’s stanning Britney so hard, I took it as she wanted to just wants what Britney had the attention and recognition. Doesn’t matter if it’s Britney or Beyoncé

I think she was ambitious but also was stanning. She wanted to be Britney like Britney wanted to be Madonna. I think Miley also mentioned Madonna and they are probably her two biggest pop stars inspirations. She never mentions Beyonce, so if it was only about iconic moments she could have mentioned Gaga or Janet and if she was like a lot how younger singers are, she would have mentioned Beyonce bc almost everyone likes to lick Beyonce's ***. She wanted to be compared to Britney and she did a strip tease wearing a nude outfit like Britney did in 2000 that was the beginning of real shocking Britney the performer, think about that, the same goes for Miley. I'm not saying Miley is her biggest fan but she came across more genuine than Taylor and Selena for example. Miley was at her peak still mentioning Britney. In 2013 she was the most talked popstar but there she was saying Britney was the ***** for her. Since Selena became Instagram queen, she totally forgot about Britney. Britney even said she wanted a collaboration with her and Idk how many years later but Selena didn't even acknowledge. Taylor used to name drop Britney a lot but since she became the biggest American star she also forgot about Britney. 

15 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

stop trying to make this a stanwar. ironic enough, Britney’s the one doing zumba moves on stage for almost a decade while Bey has poured her heart on stage and continues to deliver at 150%. that’s not to erase history and say Britney wasn’t at one point, one of the most magnetizing performers of all time because she was, but she has simply stopped caring about her craft the way she used to. you don’t need to bring another artist down to praise another, especially someone like Beyoncé, so move along if you have nothing nice to say. :begone:

But you not only brought one against other but also presented a pathetic chart graphic as an argument :cackling::cackling::cackling:

11 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

But you not only brought one against other but also presented a pathetic chart graphic as an argument :cackling::cackling::cackling:

can you not read? a rebuttal with logic that included receipts from google, not a ‘pathetic chart graph’, to back up my statement was made in response to a user who brought up another female artist. in this case — beyoncé.

I defended britney’s performance while also crediting beyoncé’s status as a performer and entertainer. you, on the other hand, made poor judgment by discrediting beyoncé and pulled the delusional stancard by accusing her of something she’s not. learn the difference.

you just don’t know how tired I am of the beyhive posting screenshots of posts like yours that give the army and britney a bad rep. it’s like grow up and stop the petty stan war, and as britney fans, I’ve always expected better from us even though I say this to both the radical britney stans, as well as the radical beyoncé stans.

they are both two very talented women who have established themselves as music legends in the industry. if you have a hard time accepting her legacy, then it’s best to shut your mouth than spit away some random nonsense.

14 hours ago, The Deity Arceus said:

OK. 

Every day people only post about her past legacy that she ruined since the release of Circus. 

still doesn’t erase the fact she gave us enough to last us a lifetime. stop looking at the glass half empty and just be grateful that we’re lucky enough to exist during the same lifetime as her. 

• Like 1
On 1/28/2019 at 2:27 AM, Jackcount said:

Shes a f**king legend but (and yall gunna drag me) beyonce's put vma  performance in 2016  tops this spectacle. Bey dont dance like britney though. Slave choreo, janet the way love goes/if choreo and Paula straight up/cold hearted snake/forever you girl my top 3 favorite vma choreos or all time

Janet at 2:45 GURLLL you see why shes Brits inspiration

Sorry but this don't even come close to Brit choreo at the time ... This is good BUT Brit is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 1/28/2019 at 12:16 AM, DignifiedLove said:

stop trying to make this a stanwar. ironic enough, Britney’s the one doing zumba moves on stage for almost a decade while Bey has poured her heart on stage and continues to deliver at 150%. that’s not to erase history and say Britney wasn’t at one point, one of the most magnetizing performers of all time because she was, but she has simply stopped caring about her craft the way she used to. you don’t need to bring another artist down to praise another, especially someone like Beyoncé, so move along if you have nothing nice to say. :begone:

Britney has been under guardianship for 12 years, taking medications against her will with a team that brings out the worst in her personally and professionally and compares her to Beyonce, who her team  professionally and personally protects her 400%

I think we are still unaware of the damage done to him by his father, Lou, the guardianship ...
Imagine Britney with her ideas, with her thoughts, with what she wanted to do, with a good team, with Wade (because he was the creator of this idea and this choreography) during these years ... but no, we have some abusers who work cheaply and poorly.

• Like 2

Now i just had a argument about ICONIC moment with another member and this is what i call ICONIC everyone in the world remembers this moment. I remember when this happened. EVERYONE was talking about it. It was all over the news but in the best way. Like performances now days are all shock but Britney was because well a little shock but that it was an excellent performance. It stands the test of time as probably the best performance.