How do you think things should be done after the hiatus is over?

warioaddams

35 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

No, she still has time till she hits 40. The initial plan was that, Domination for 3 years. Now it will be for 2 years. After that she'll tour again and then she will keep releasing albums. There's no way she'll retire anytime soon. She'll have a music career when she's 50 like Jlo. Her name is strong enough, we've seen the success of her last tour and giving a 4 years gap between tours will help with sales.

Domination wasn’t selling, time can only hurt her now with her losing massive fans and not gaining any. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dirk said:

I hope she is lowkey recording music at the moment and release at the end of the year.

I would love a proper tour, an era somewhat like Circus, I want her show to be like Madonna's and to have a part where she can just sit and sing and she could sing one or two ballads of her catalog and a different cover almost every night!

Also, I would love her to have some sided project in the future like an EP inspired by Amy Winehouse and Duffy, something soulful.

Amy Winehouse? Duffy? Soulful? Do you really think that Britney has the vocal abilities to sound like a soul singer?

Sorry, but that part of your comment is laughable.

• Content Curators

She’s going to kill her entire team and rebrand herself

Lol jk I luv u larry :jj:

I honestly hope for a new album first with tons of promo cause ik this ***** will be creatively pumped up then I hope for a tour tbh

i mean if you look at the Asia world tour and a lot of the dates of the piece of me tour 

her energy was 100% boosted from the crowd and I think I saw more emotion and face and attitude on these last tours than I’ve seen in the past 10 years (besides pom 2.0) yeah she was still lagging but that’s cause it was a really stale set but see her energy for cym and clumsy and later on slave (new choreo) I think the world tour would be really good.

then she can take that tour and adapt it to more of a greatest hits tour and do a residency if she wants 

How do you know that she's stop working? Cause her team said it? As her team saying always the truth! Please! They are masters of lying! We didn't know anything abiut B10 and suddenly we have been informed that already there is an executive producer for it! They just thought lets give them something to make them talk about! 

I think she is more relax now to do the things she has to do without any pressure at all..as for the domination show we can only speculate about it..maybe she doesnt want to perform at vegas anymore maybe the responses by her fans on her instgram story about the question 'what you want to see on the new show' (if she has read some of them!) was a wake up call for her (or even the low sales of tickets) who knows?! I think this break will bring good results! I dont know why! And im sure that this cancelation didnt happen only for her father's health issue! 

4 hours ago, Cyclops said:

I think they should handle her "comeback" the way Madonna did after American Life. After the backlash she received in America and everything, she kinda went away for a while and started working on a whole new direction creating the masterpiece that COADF is, a cohesive body of work that mixed disco sounds with fresh beats, completed with a defined "look" for her and everything related to the era from start to finish, her clothes, her hair, her make up, the videos, the dancing, the tour (wich was AMAZING), her promo performances, everything screamed COADF.

Madonna was performing and promoting everywhere around the world, doing specials in New York, London, France, Germany, even Asia, she performed at a lot of award shows as well.

This resulted on her coming back, the album selling over 10 million copies and peaking at #1 in 40 countries (which was a world record at the time, don´t know if she holds it), getting a Grammy award and her regaining her credibility.

I'm not saying she should do a COADF 2.0 and copy the album, but she should take notes from that formula and invest herself from start to finish in a cohesive era with a theme and defined concept.

madonna_confessions_on_a_dancefloor_outt

190px-HungUpFresno2.jpg2006-grammy-awards-hung-up.jpgmadonna-sorry_006_720.jpgmadonna-parkinson-2005-02.jpeg

I love that idea - seriously. But Madonna cares about her career, she is not lazy and is in every detail, unlike Britney. 

TBH I'm not sure that Britney wants to 'comeback' at all. 

For starters, she hates that term. Assuming her father makes a full recovery as reported, with whatever she decides to do, she should still take her time (for as long as it takes). We've all witnessed what yields off an un-inspired Britney. So if her heart is not in it and/or her personal life's not in a good place, it will reflect on her work. To that I say thanks but, no thanks.

Quality over Quantity... always.

8 hours ago, Domnayy said:

I dont think she will be able to return to Vegas. She should just focus on providing a whole new era and train her voice for live vocal performances and go in with the visuals and art. At this point no one wants anything from her than to hear her sing. She should do a hype single first with amazing vocals, something like Mood Ring. Then do the album but also release a standalone dance record to replace the ageing work ***** during the era, kinda like what Rihanna done. It would look desperate af to return to Vegas now IMO.

8 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

I don't believe Britney is either returning to Vegas or releasing a new album. I think this was the perfect timing (aligned with her father's health issues) to retire, it's very clear to me that she's tired of being Britney Spears. That being said, IF she ever returns, she should focus on having a solid era: A good album with a good dedicated World Tour. The fans are tired of Vegas. Other people are tired of Vegas (and not buying tickets). She NEEDS a solid era, two albums mixed with the residency and cheap tours ain't doing it for anyone :mhm:

6 hours ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Exactly!!

A lot of people forget that Britney has a contract with RCA, she can’t just up and quit cause she feels like it. She has legal requirements to fulfill. Based on rumours she renewed her contract with RCA back in 2014 for a 4 album deal which means she legally has to release 3 more. 

6 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Other articles did say it was gonna cost her a few million. Just for this year. Honestly if would be cheaper not to have Britney at all. 

I think for sure b10 will come and either will try hard this era because that is the only option now or they will market ‘domination’ as a retirement show to sell tickets. 

There really is nothing left if promo and quality is not gonna happen. Retirement will be unavoidable to save the last of her brand. 

According to Larry last week: 

Published reports, some sourced accounts and widespread social-media speculation (which can always be trusted) indicate Britney Spears’ ticket sales for “Domination” at Park Theater were substandard in the weeks leading to her decision to call off all 32 dates this year. But there is no reason from here to doubt Spears’ stated reason for her decision on Jan. 4 to table the highly hyped show: Her father, Jamie Spears, spent nearly a month in Las Vegas’s Sunrise Hospital after emergency surgery on a ruptured colon.

On Wednesday, her Las Vegas manager Larry Rudolph said officials with MGM Resorts (which operates Park Theater) said they were “very happy” with advance sales. The show was to have opened Feb. 12-13. Rudolph reiterated that Spears’ decision was simply a family matter and the possible return of the show has yet to be addressed. “It’s just the set of facts,” Rudolph said in a text message. “When her father he’s in a better place, we will probably say something then.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/las-vegas-musical-a-mob-story-is-dark-until-the-spring-1575308/

She doesn't need to do Vegas for money and I still don't think she needed to announce it so early but Vegas will always technically be there.

I mean the issue has been her regressing and lowering the bar.  Sure she was fine in early 2016 and probably some parts before, but it was still less than her prime but she got worse at the end of 2016 leading into 2017 and 2018.

A long break performing should great for her.  I mean if she needs a routine she can always 'teach dance class" like she always has.

Archived