How do you think things should be done after the hiatus is over?

warioaddams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe Britney is either returning to Vegas or releasing a new album. I think this was the perfect timing (aligned with her father's health issues) to retire, it's very clear to me that she's tired of being Britney Spears. That being said, IF she ever returns, she should focus on having a solid era: A good album with a good dedicated World Tour. The fans are tired of Vegas. Other people are tired of Vegas (and not buying tickets). She NEEDS a solid era, two albums mixed with the residency and cheap tours ain't doing it for anyone :mhm:

17 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I don't believe Britney is either returning to Vegas or releasing a new album. I think this was the perfect timing (aligned with her father's health issues) to retire, it's very clear to me that she's tired of being Britney Spears. That being said, IF she ever returns, she should focus on having a solid era: A good album with a good dedicated World Tour. The fans are tired of Vegas. Other people are tired of Vegas (and not buying tickets). She NEEDS a solid era, two albums mixed with the residency and cheap tours ain't doing it for anyone :mhm:

She'll return to Vegas in 2020. She can't break her contract just like that, she would lose millions if she did.

I think they should handle her "comeback" the way Madonna did after American Life. After the backlash she received in America and everything, she kinda went away for a while and started working on a whole new direction creating the masterpiece that COADF is, a cohesive body of work that mixed disco sounds with fresh beats, completed with a defined "look" for her and everything related to the era from start to finish, her clothes, her hair, her make up, the videos, the dancing, the tour (wich was AMAZING), her promo performances, everything screamed COADF.

Madonna was performing and promoting everywhere around the world, doing specials in New York, London, France, Germany, even Asia, she performed at a lot of award shows as well.

This resulted on her coming back, the album selling over 10 million copies and peaking at #1 in 40 countries (which was a world record at the time, don´t know if she holds it), getting a Grammy award and her regaining her credibility.

I'm not saying she should do a COADF 2.0 and copy the album, but she should take notes from that formula and invest herself from start to finish in a cohesive era with a theme and defined concept.

madonna_confessions_on_a_dancefloor_outt

190px-HungUpFresno2.jpg2006-grammy-awards-hung-up.jpgmadonna-sorry_006_720.jpgmadonna-parkinson-2005-02.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

I think they should handle her "comeback" the way Madonna did after American Life. After the backlash she received in America and everything, she kinda went away for a while and started working on a whole new direction creating the masterpiece that COADF is, a cohesive body of work that mixed disco sounds with fresh beats, completed with a defined "look" for her and everything related to the era from start to finish, her clothes, her hair, her make up, the videos, the dancing, the tour (wich was AMAZING), her promo performances, everything screamed COADF.

Madonna was performing and promoting everywhere around the world, doing specials in New York, London, France, Germany, even Asia, she performed at a lot of award shows as well.

This resulted on her coming back, the album selling over 10 million copies and peaking at #1 in 40 countries (which was a world record at the time, don´t know if she holds it), getting a Grammy award and her regaining her credibility.

I'm not saying she should do a COADF 2.0 and copy the album, but she should take notes from that formula and invest herself from start to finish in a cohesive era with a theme and defined concept.

190px-HungUpFresno2.jpg2006-grammy-awards-hung-up.jpgmadonna-sorry_006_720.jpgmadonna-parkinson-2005-02.jpeg

FINALLY someone who thinks like me!!! I always do Madonna’s example after American life. Britney just needs to the same thing.

53 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

It's about what Britney wants 

49 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

You don't break a million $ contract just like that, the only way to solve this is by moving the 2019 dates to 2020. If they don't Britney will have to pay millions to MGM, she already signed the contract:juggingu:

MGM won't be like: "oh, poor Britney. She needs some time for herself and her family." They'll go for her and ask for their money.

Other articles did say it was gonna cost her a few million. Just for this year. Honestly if would be cheaper not to have Britney at all. 

I think for sure b10 will come and either will try hard this era because that is the only option now or they will market ‘domination’ as a retirement show to sell tickets. 

There really is nothing left if promo and quality is not gonna happen. Retirement will be unavoidable to save the last of her brand. 

1 hour ago, Domnayy said:

I dont think she will be able to return to Vegas. She should just focus on providing a whole new era and train her voice for live vocal performances and go in with the visuals and art. At this point no one wants anything from her than to hear her sing. She should do a hype single first with amazing vocals, something like Mood Ring. Then do the album but also release a standalone dance record to replace the ageing work ***** during the era, kinda like what Rihanna done. It would look desperate af to return to Vegas now IMO.

Spoiler

took this from the epic poster who did it first, paying my tributes to u sis :jj:

14 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I mean Britney is definitely releasing an album. You can't actually believe that Glory was her last album ever???? She's absolutely going to release a new album at some point. Now if that means it's coming in 2019/2020 only time will tell. But I think it's pretty naive to assume she won't be releasing an album.

I also believe she'll be back in Vegas even if not in 2020. She'll definitely be back. Even if she were to "retire" we would probably still get both eventually. 

Exactly!!

A lot of people forget that Britney has a contract with RCA, she can’t just up and quit cause she feels like it. She has legal requirements to fulfill. Based on rumours she renewed her contract with RCA back in 2014 for a 4 album deal which means she legally has to release 3 more. 

I feel like she needs some good time off. Maybe three to four years. Maybe that will bring the fire back. She needs to step back and reevaluate her career.

She should scrap Vegas and come back with a full era. A theme would be interesting and would help her stick in the people’s minds. Work on MVs, sing live every now and then and do some killing choreo. Even if it’s only for the dance breaks. That would be fine.

1 hour ago, Cyclops said:

this is a very good example of how Madge can make mainstream music seem more interesting and artful :schoolingtime: i would dye if Brit released anything close to this goodness  :sobbing:

I think Britney needs to work with really good producers, like it was for “Britney” or “Blackout”. I’d love to see her more involved in her project with some songs that could talk about her thoughts like Overprotected, Piece Of Me. I LOVE Britney’s pop music but she can mix pop with more introspective songs. Beside she needs a huge hit. She has to choose a good song and make a very good video with **** video/coreo etc. (**** isn’t only about ***. Oops, Slave,My Prerogative, Work ***** are **** but it’s not about ***). And obviously she needs to do promo, Glory primo was pretty good but she could premiere new song/video at BBMA or VMA so it can reach not only fans but also the public, especially young public. And I think she needs to do promo in other countries too not only in USA or UK.

41 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Other articles did say it was gonna cost her a few million. Just for this year. Honestly if would be cheaper not to have Britney at all. 

I think for sure b10 will come and either will try hard this era because that is the only option now or they will market ‘domination’ as a retirement show to sell tickets. 

There really is nothing left if promo and quality is not gonna happen. Retirement will be unavoidable to save the last of her brand. 

No, she still has time till she hits 40. The initial plan was that, Domination for 3 years. Now it will be for 2 years. After that she'll tour again and then she will keep releasing albums. There's no way she'll retire anytime soon. She'll have a music career when she's 50 like Jlo. Her name is strong enough, we've seen the success of her last tour and giving a 4 years gap between tours will help with sales.

Archived