“Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know” 18th anniversary

Miss_R

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

True, but remember, no single was choose at first except for the lead. Crazy wasn't meant to be a single. They also wanted The Beat Goes On to be one. I don't know if the information was available at that time (I was like 7 months old when the album came out), but yeah, taking BOMT as a reference probably gave you that impression. Up untill 2007 I thought that Crazy and Stronger were 2nd singles and Sometimes was 3rd just because of the album placement.

Yeah, we probably got the album after Lucky came out, that's why it was always normal to us. I remember our oldest cousin gave us Britney's OIDIA, Christina's Mi Reflejo and Shakira's ¿Dónde Están los Ladrones?

But it was definitely before Stronger was released as a single. Fun fact, we used to skip Stronger too the first times we listened to the record, because of that intro lol we thought it was so weird. Until one day my brother was like, "it can't be that bad, let's hear the rest" and we fell in love with the song lol So it was a sweet surprise when it came out as a single. 

Probably people in the internet knew about these rumors weeks before anything happened, but back in the day Britney was everywhere, and she kept releasing stuff so often that we felt like we weren't missing anything (over the years I've learnt details and stuff that I ignored as a kid, or seen interviews and performances from when she visited other countries). 

We used to watch the Making the Video episodes and all that. I remember when Stronger debuted at Los 10 + Pedidos which was the equivalent of TRL on MTV Latin America. It was a glorious day.

Another thing that I remember is that back when MTV played music videos, only the latest video from an artist made it to the countdowns (Top 10, Top 20) but the other videos were still on rotation. So even though Stronger was the latest, they were still playing Lucky, Oops, Crazy. And it's so weird, but by 2001, 2002 BOMT was already considered a classic, although it didn't even have 5 years of being released. 

Those were really good times, and I feel so blessed to have had Britney and all the other music from those years during my childhood :crying1: 

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, we probably got the album after Lucky came out, that's why it was always normal to us. I remember our oldest cousin gave us Britney's OIDIA, Christina's Mi Reflejo and Shakira's ¿Dónde Están los Ladrones?

But it was definitely before Stronger was released as a single. Fun fact, we used to skip Stronger too the first times we listened to the record, because of that intro lol we thought it was so weird. Until one day my brother was like, "it can't be that bad, let's hear the rest" and we fell in love with the song lol So it was a sweet surprise when it came out as a single. 

Probably people in the internet knew about these rumors weeks before anything happened, but back in the day Britney was everywhere, and she kept releasing stuff so often that we felt like we weren't missing anything (over the years I've learnt details and stuff that I ignored as a kid, or seen interviews and performances from when she visited other countries). 

We used to watch the Making the Video episodes and all that. I remember when Stronger debuted at Los 10 + Pedidos which was the equivalent of TRL on MTV Latin America. It was a glorious day.

Another thing that I remember is that back when MTV played music videos, only the latest video from an artist made it to the countdowns (Top 10, Top 20) but the other videos were still on rotation. So even though Stronger was the latest, they were still playing Lucky, Oops, Crazy. And it's so weird, but by 2001, 2002 BOMT was already considered a classic, although it didn't even have 5 years of being released. 

Those were really good times, and I feel so blessed to have had Britney and all the other music from those years during my childhood :crying1: 

I only saw the music videos on the internet, Except for Someday (cause my sister said: "Hey, van a sacar el nuevo video de Britney, ¿los vas a ver?"). I remember thinkin she wasn't really pregnant. Lol. Silly me. 

I know I became a fan in like 2000/2001 when I was like 2, maybe 3, and I think my mom took me to Lima to visit the family, and I saw Oops! and fell in love with "la chica roja". I don't really remember listening much the non-single songs except for the ones that were performed on tour and showed on TV/DVD (The Beat Goes On, DGKOMY, Satisfaction, Lonely, WILTBM, TOMH, BOM, Showdown, Shadow, blah). My fav, "I Will Be There", while I know I heard it, I never paid it attention (cause I disliked Soda Pop and mostly didn't paid attention to non.singles as I said) until I heard about it being deleted in the Hawaii special. I loved it after hearing it.

52 minutes ago, Ryan9999 said:

Everytime was one of the final songs on In the Zone tho!?:gerlwat:

Yeah, but Oops came out 3 years before, so I didn't know it was "possible" :outwithit: 

I was talking about what my siblings and I actually thought, back in the day when Oops was the latest album. We liked CMYLM, but we never thought it was gonna be released as a single. We did have hopes for What U See and DGKOMD though. Instead we got DLMBTLTK :whatitellu: It's a cool song anyway, like everything from Oops :brityes:

• Content Curators
28 minutes ago, bspearsMJfan5 said:

:OMGney: I can't believe this!! My sophomore self is melting!! I feel so old!! :notreally:

I remember watching this video on MTV.. She looked so beautiful!!  This is a great song and what a great era for her!!

That’s so cool considering I was a sophomore last year!

the longevity of queen brinni :airpls:

Archived