I paid someone 1000$ for Britney Spears @ Woodstock HQ Video, Think it was a scam

britneyfan9

10 minutes ago, cutiepie cheri said:

lmao why are u two acting like i told him not to post? i literally said GO TO THE PAYPAL COMMUNITY AND POST THERE which he still hasnt done. my post said: "u should post there first. and then here." i offered one solution to his ridiculous problem. ranting here will not solve ****. try to fix the problem first (paypal community) and THEN rant on here.

Yes, you’re right and you did offer some great advice. It’s not a nice situation for someone to be in so I really feel for them :crying1:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it’s not a scam. This whole situation sucks and I hope you can get your money back or legally find out who this person is and make sure they can’t scam other people. Are you sure he really had the footage? Maybe he could’ve been taking screenshots of the HQ clips on YouTube and sending them to you. :ineedthetruth:

11 minutes ago, Frenchiie said:

Most people here wouldn't even put a hundred for an unheard song :ohi: Stay strong but I don't think you'll see your money back and paying a layer would cost you even more.. Should've asked to see half the footage before paying.

I know, I'm here like, why didn't he/she buy that tape with the Whitney Houston song? :idkney: Or all the other stuff that was up for auction.

11 minutes ago, Domnayy said:

Open a new dispute with PayPal - what a ****

Literally who the **** do these people think they are so trampy :nydisgust:

Wish i could, paypal seems to be very user unfriendly, you cannot open another dispute on a dispute already closed, yet i feel like they should gather some damn evidence from both parties before closing it, i hope via the paypal community and by calling them tomorrow i can get some ideas what can be done, that buyers protection bullshit they advertise is horseshit and the only reason i felt comfortable in paying. paypal scammed me

1 hour ago, britneyfan9 said:

Hey, i've been working hard all my life, being an avid fan of Britney and finally having enough money to spend where i see fit, i felt like i wanted to just get this performance. It's not like i haven't tried finding it before, it's impossible to find, i felt like 2k dollars would bring out the hoarders that have it. It may only be worth 20$ but to me it's worth a lot.

Not judging. I'm sorry, but this got me:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Keep on it to get your cash back, definitely. But buying footage from strangers online is never a good idea unless you can meet somewhere in person to view the videos before you pay. I hope it all works out for you, just be more cautious next time. 

threw caution down the drain when i though i had a billion dollar company backing me, we'll see maybe i'm too heated now, i have never done a dispute with paypal before so i'm new to the process, hopefully it will go better when i talk to a person

People judging his stupid decision.... as they spend their day/evening.... on a pop music forum.... like we're all perfect at decision making. Some of y'all don't even have $200 to spare:janet:

And those commenting on him having $2000 to spare - I mean, it's really not that much money in the grand scheme of things is it, really :jlostare:

To the OP: Sorry to hear that, but hopefully it's a lesson learned! Just be more weary about this kinda ****, music fans are one of the easiest targets unfortunately.

1 hour ago, britneyfan9 said:

Hey, i've been working hard all my life, being an avid fan of Britney and finally having enough money to spend where i see fit, i felt like i wanted to just get this performance. It's not like i haven't tried finding it before, it's impossible to find, i felt like 2k dollars would bring out the hoarders that have it. It may only be worth 20$ but to me it's worth a lot.

Agreed, i think part of the trick was using paypal, i would NEVER send money if i wasn't so damn sure that paypal had my back, i will keep you updated how it goes once i have contacted paypal via phone tomorrow.

I will once i know for a fact i'm not getting my money back, i really do not want to make enemies, it's bad karma!

Letting people trick you and letting companies that are created to  supposedly have your back during an online transaction to NOT do their job is being stupid and totally submissive, nothing to do with karma.

Im on your side, u wanted something and the ones that are BAD are the ppl that take advantage of others and do not do their part of the deal.

So WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING?

Archived