I paid someone 1000$ for Britney Spears @ Woodstock HQ Video, Think it was a scam

britneyfan9

As some of you know i was looking to buy Britney Spears live at woodstock 1999 video in high quality, i know it existed because there's several of samples of it on youtube. Only the short samples are high quality, the full performance that is also available is horrific quality.

Being an avid classicney fan i offered 2000$ for this video in hq, someone reached out to me and said i could buy it for 1000$ and also get the wango tango live performance in hq too without watermarks for 1000$, the entire deal would be 2000$.

I paid 1000$ via paypal for the first video, the person disappeared on me instantly when i paid and stopped replying, i waited 12 hours in hopes that maybe his internet connection went down or whatever (yeah i know lol). Once i woke up and i still had no messages i opened a dispute against him on paypal. He instantly started replying once i had filed the dispute saying he was sleeping. 

He now wanted me to cancel the dispute then he would send me the video, obviously i was very suspicious at this point so i told him i will cancel the dispute once i get the video. He became really angry and started saying he was going to fight my dispute. This was 7 days ago, today i received a message from paypal saying he won the dispute, paypal has not been in contact with me at all, i have screenshots of the entire conversation and also screenshots of him giving me his paypal address linking him to the paypal account i paid.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he provided screenshots of the content that had me convinced enough to send him the money, but i must say the paypal "buyers protection" made me very confident i had safety in that, i am blown away how they just closed the dispute without even contacting me considering i have proof of everything with timestamped screenshots and such.

Just now, BRSM_jl said:

Go to your bank and file a dispute with them (I work at a bank) and you can say you didn't get the merchandise you paid for. The only issue you might run into is a Paypal fine print or disclosures.

I paid with balance i already had on paypal so bank not invovled :(

Just now, frederiickx said:

He's a scammer. You should have sent Paypal all the information, I don't see how he could have possibly won the dispute. He is clearly a scam artist.

Yeah, i'm no expert with paypal but i feel like i have had no chance, i filed a dispute, that's all i did, and they closed it... i never spoke to them, i have no idea what to do except call them tomorrow when they are open

Sorry this happened :( That’s why I’m so iffy on ordering things online. I ordered 2 Britney shirts from eBay last week (one for me, one for a friend) and I was worried the seller would get my banking information. My friend assured me it was fine as eBay was the middle man though. Where did you find this seller/offer OP? Was it here on exhale?

:schoolingtime:I'm sorry to tell you but paying 2000$ to strangers without any proofs pf their products on internet is kinda extra. This is good lesson to everybody that never pay for person without any proofs more than 20$. Also those old performances would be amazing but i wouldn't pay more than 50$ per video if they aren't professionally filmed HD-quality

1 minute ago, Britneylandia said:

But the real deal here is: WHY WOULD YOU PAY A THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A VIDEO?!? Are you millionaire and don’t care or just a fool? I’m sorry but I don’t get it. 

Hey, i've been working hard all my life, being an avid fan of Britney and finally having enough money to spend where i see fit, i felt like i wanted to just get this performance. It's not like i haven't tried finding it before, it's impossible to find, i felt like 2k dollars would bring out the hoarders that have it. It may only be worth 20$ but to me it's worth a lot.

1 minute ago, Stannedforever said:

:schoolingtime:I'm sorry to tell you but paying 2000$ to strangers without any proofs pf their products on internet is kinda extra. This is good lesson to everybody that never pay for person without any proofs more than 20$. Also those old performances would be amazing but i wouldn't pay more than 50$ per video if they aren't professionally filmed HD-quality

Agreed, i think part of the trick was using paypal, i would NEVER send money if i wasn't so damn sure that paypal had my back, i will keep you updated how it goes once i have contacted paypal via phone tomorrow.

Just now, breatheheavy said:

Expose her 

I will once i know for a fact i'm not getting my money back, i really do not want to make enemies, it's bad karma!

3 hours ago, cutiepie cheri said:

ok and what do you want us to do about it? you are sitting here on exhale saying you'll post screenshots but no one here can do anything even with those screenshots. you were stupid enough to hand out 2k over some pixels. post this on the paypal community, contact paypal tomorrow, or get a lawyer (which would probably cost u even more).

I hate to be a foilhatter but this guy knows his way around the britney space, chances is very big he is part of this community. He did not reach out to me via breatheheavy. Sorry to **** up the forum with this mess

Well i wouldn't have spent that amount of money for a video, but if you're a collector it's understandable, i'm not judging you!  But you should have at least asked him to see snippet of the footage, screenshots etc just to see if he had the videos! :nyschool:

But anyways, i really hope you'll find a solution for this mess and people should ******* stop doing these dumb things, can't they get a ******* job instead of scamming people? :rihit:

go to the paypal community forum and talk about it there. no one here can help u. what do u expect us to do? Seriously?

nothing, just preparing to expose the scammer to the biggest britney spears community if i have to? do you think i should just keep quiet and hide under a rock so others has to suffer the same fate, this guy was clever, he had several of techniques that made me believe he was not fooling around, i still believe he has the footage in question.

I'll post once i've talked to paypal to see what i can do about this situation, if i cannot get my money back i'll post the details of the entire transaction and you can see for yourselves

go to the paypal community forum and talk about it there. no one here can help u. what do u expect us to do? Seriously?

Aww don’t be mean. Let them rant it about it on here. It’s not like there’s amazing Britney news to be talking about instead. 

I have posted on the paypal community as well, thanks.

The person in question had several of "stems" and other things many collectors sought after, this had me very convinced he had the footage.

He also provided screenshots of the videos which he all sent from his phone, which now when i think about it "being on the phone out and about" may have been a part of the scam. Being on the phone made me think he wouldn't be able to photoshop it and he was giving me screenshots from the phone screen with the videos on the dropbox. He was providing the screenshots within 30 seconds from request so if i he was photoshopping he was prepared before he contacted me.

Archived