I paid someone 1000$ for Britney Spears @ Woodstock HQ Video, Think it was a scam

britneyfan9

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend ordered five pre Madonna waist trainers online on the official site and used PayPal. It was around 650$ for everything and she never received her stuff. She had a case with PayPal and they gave the money back right away. They are amazing with stuff like that. Even counterfeit shoes I got once they let me keep the fake shoes and gave me my money back. 

I don’t understand the trading world. So much **** is out there that no one has heard except this weird secret society of twinks who pay **** tons of money to so they can bop to unreleased **** from their female pop artists. Why not just share it? I don’t understand it. Like do you guys have Eyes Wide Shut/Slumber Party-esque parties but instead of f**king you guys just bring your hard drives filled with random Britney ****?

I’m just genuinely curious on how one even becomes involved in the trading world. It’s not like I can just be on the internet and happen to stumble across the original make me video and tell everyone to pay me x amount of cash or trade me other “rare” ****

im just curious how stuff like this even starts and why it takes so long for stuff to leak publicly. I understand it loses the value of the tradeable item but...what’s the point other than money or I guess brownie points

Can someone answer my questions?

6 hours ago, Coopy said:

My friend ordered five pre Madonna waist trainers online on the official site and used PayPal. It was around 650$ for everything and she never received her stuff. She had a case with PayPal and they gave the money back right away. They are amazing with stuff like that. Even counterfeit shoes I got once they let me keep the fake shoes and gave me my money back. 

Problem is the vendor in question most likeky didn't intend to scam her, that's why she got her money back. All the vendor has to do when there's an dispute like this is to send an empty envelope with nothing inside it, all paypal requires from vendor is a shipping ID, even if you ordered digital goods. This vendor most likely just went out of business if they were truly scamming they would have just gotten a shipment id and kept the money.

This dude went to the postal office, shipped me a empty envelope and since he got my address when i paid with paypal there's not much i can do, i realize this only now, i know it's stupid to think i was protected by paypal but quotes like the one above makes you feel a false safety with paypal. They are not amazing, they give you a payment service, they take absolutely zero responsibility if you get scammed or not, they see a shipment number they close the case, they do not investigate anything. If you order via ebay or amazon they have their own protections that can help if you get nothing, but that is not paypal, that's their service.

2 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I don’t understand the trading world. So much **** is out there that no one has heard except this weird secret society of twinks who pay **** tons of money to so they can bop to unreleased **** from their female pop artists. Why not just share it? I don’t understand it. Like do you guys have Eyes Wide Shut/Slumber Party-esque parties but instead of f**king you guys just bring your hard drives filled with random Britney ****?

I’m just genuinely curious on how one even becomes involved in the trading world. It’s not like I can just be on the internet and happen to stumble across the original make me video and tell everyone to pay me x amount of cash or trade me other “rare” ****

im just curious how stuff like this even starts and why it takes so long for stuff to leak publicly. I understand it loses the value of the tradeable item but...what’s the point other than money or I guess brownie points

Can someone answer my questions?

Wish i could tell you, i would have posted the video, i just wanted to see it in the top notch quality, the short samples are all over youtube, but it has been like that for 10 years, no one ever leaked the good quality version and i guess they are ready to scam to keep it locked up :(

6 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

damn, some of y'all carry such negative manner and tone that it's unbearable. really goes to show how bitter some of you are irl. 

to the OP, i'm sorry this happened and let us know if we can be of any help. <3 

tbqfh. Of course we can't ACTUALLY help with the problem on PayPal but if your advice for this person is to keep insisting on PayPal or just to post there there are nicer ways to say it. 

Then again, like many said here, be careful when you buy things online guys. 

PS to the OP can you please please buy Make Me next time? you'd become a legend. Hope you get your money back 

I've talked to paypal, apparently he has fabricated a fake screenshot where he "sent me the download links" which never happened. By paypal policy they cannot share the evidence he shared with them, which is ridicolous considering if he sent it to me i should already have it, so whats the damage in sharing it with me if i already have it? I was obviously curious to see what was behind the fake links he supposedly shared with me. Anyway, it's clear to me he is out to scam me, so here is what i have about him so far.

He went by loveiswild on reddit, he has now deleted his reddit account.(https://www.reddit.com/user/loveiswild)

His real name is Benjamin Jordan email:  benjamin_patrick@hotmail.co.uk he is most likely from UK but who knows really?

He reached me through reddit saying he had the video and was willing to sell it for 1000, he also said he just purchased the wango tango video of another trader for 1000$ and was willing to sell that to me for another 1000$, in total it was 2000$, he insisted we split up the payment 1 video at a time (most likely to built confidence that he was legit, he was ok with just getting 1k from the scam).

Here was his proof he had the content, he said he was "out and about" and on this phone which also gave me extra confidence thinking he would not have access to photoshop or things like this, but thinking of it now he probably prepared all the shops before he even contacted me.

ueg7BNR.png

As you can see  in the picture above the frame of britney in this video looks a lot like a wallpaper rather then an actual frame from the real video, i have checked the real video (the one available on youtube in horrific quality) and browsed for a frame that looks like that picture and i cannot find it.

He wants me to pay 1000$ for the woodstock, 1000$ for the wango that he supposedly just bought himself for 1000$ from another trader.

KGpwTjf.jpg

(The above screenshot was taken yesterday, today it looks like this...pic below...)

pTruvgx.png

As you can see he deleted his account, luckily reddit saves the messages but changes username to deleted.

Here below you can see that he insists paypal is the way to  go because of their buyer protection, most likely part of the scam.

lXHOp3d.jpg

Once we had talked a bit more i sent 1000$ for the first video... he instantly accepted the payment and went quiet. Being a naive motherf**ker i hoped maybe his internet connection went down or whatever, i gave him the benefit of the doubt, i waited 13 hours before i opened a dispute on paypal.

He magically "woke up" and started replying 30 minutes after i filed my dispute.

We start talking in the chat instead of over messages because it is a lot easier and faster, he insists that i should close the dispute and trust him to send me the download links, i obviously i very suspicious now considering he started ignoring me for 13 hours and started responding instantly when i filed the dispute

SMuVf5K.png

He wants me to close the dispute and then send the the links, i obviously since he disappeared on me for 13 hours i am very worried to close the dispute, but he actually gets me so far to tell him i will close the dispute, and i login to paypal to close the dispute in order to move on with our deal.

Once i login to paypal and go into the menu to close the dispute i get a warning message saying that if i close the dispute i cannot open another dispute on this case, which gives me cold feet, i tell him this and after this he gets really angry.

vcQ4Gep.png

After the messages i sent above he got really angry he quickly told me he will fight this dispute and then he started to delete his chat messages, unfortunately i could not be quick enough to capture the end as he started deleting from bottom to top.

Anyway, he most likely got away with it by photoshopping a fake picture that he sent to paypal making it look like he sent me an email with the download links, which he never did. Sadly paypal isn't much help, they take that as evidence he sent it, i will obviously give them the "evidence" i have, but it's not likely they will side with me. Just be warned of this guy, if you find him out there he most likely will scam again.

12 hours ago, BRSM_jl said:

Go to your bank and file a dispute with them (I work at a bank) and you can say you didn't get the merchandise you paid for. The only issue you might run into is a Paypal fine print or disclosures.

^^^ That. I would have gone to my bank first, but its definitely an option. *I see the reply now. Damn....

I remember your original thread, OP, so I'm sorry to hear you got scammed.

If you give me 2000, I'll dress up like Britney at Woodstock and dance around for you. Since having surgery (and waiting on a second), I haven't been able to work, so the money would be nice. Heck, I'll even make a video on YT addressed to Paypal giving them all the details they failed to look in to and get all my friends to retweet it to their tens of thousands of followers and maybe it can go viral.

8 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

If you give me 2000, I'll dress up like Britney at Woodstock and dance around for you. Since having surgery (and waiting on a second), I haven't been able to work, so the money would be nice. Heck, I'll even make a video on YT addressed to Paypal giving them all the details they failed to look in to and get all my friends to retweet it to their tens of thousands of followers and maybe it can go viral.

if you were britney i would ;) also i paid 1000$ not 2000$, i was going to get both wango and the woodstock, obviously once i didnt get woodstock i didnt pay for the wango.. im stupid but not that stupid

Archived