What really happened to 2016ney?

glorybitch

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Lachapelle ruined the whole era because he wouldn't change some scenes from the mv. Britney and her team had to scrap it and everything went downhill.

Because of that the single's release was delayed (already confirmed by the Las Vegas Sun) and there was nothing planned to support it, not even banners on Itunes. She was supposed to perform it at the BBMA that year but that didn't happen. A lot of money was lost and her following music videos were low budget.

If everything went as planned we would have had a complete era with at least 3 singles. Britney was excited, fit and radiant and actually did a lot of promo (Ellen, Carpool Karaoke, the Today show, Uk tour, 5 festivals, Magazine covers, radio interviews, etc) but all of that wasn't enough. 

It was David Lachapelle's fault, he's an ******* and everybody knows it :juggingu:

none of us know **** but my personal theory is that she started to thrive again in 2015 when she was just low key performing in vegas, no one really checked for her, and she had settled into the stability of the vegas show routine. then late 2016 came the glory promo, all of the televised appearances, the asia tour, the north america tour, europe tour, and she looked well and truly over the show... i think the work commitments got on top of her again

1 hour ago, Daxx said:

Resultado de imagen de charlie ebersol britney spears

:anxiety:

Charlieney! she looks like f**king 2003ney here!

I agree with you guys about Sam, he seems too into himself, it looks like he´s with her to get more attention and we haven´t seen much of him probably because he has an agreement with her team to not give interviews and stuff 

I'm prob gonna get backlash but I always thought these 2 would be good for each other. He's goofy like her but he's also smart and wise esp when it comes to his public image. He knows not to F up and that's the type of person she's gotta be around.

He's got good sense of dressing and let's face it, our girl, Britney so needs it esp with her makeup and outfits on stage.

Fitness is already there. 

He's not into marriage. He doesn't want kids however his career revolves around kids so he'd be great with hers. 

He also has a heart. Like he cares about his fans, the kids, the world.... And that attitude will rub off on her and make her see that about her own fans. 

And he's famous so it's not like he'd wanna use her for his own personal gain. 

john-cena_zps2ch8iu0j.jpg

22 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

I'm prob gonna get backlash but I always thought these 2 would be good for each other. He's goofy like her but he's also smart and wise esp when it comes to his public image. He knows not to F up and that's the type of person she's gotta be around.

He's got good sense of dressing and let's face it, our girl, Britney so needs it esp with her makeup and outfits on stage.

Fitness is already there. 

He's not into marriage. He doesn't want kids however his career revolves around kids so he'd be great with hers. 

He also has a heart. Like he cares about his fans, the kids, the world.... And that attitude will rub off on her and make her see that about her own fans. 

And he's famous so it's not like he'd wanna use her for his own personal gain. 

john-cena_zps2ch8iu0j.jpg

I don't think he likes her though. Dolph Ziggler >>>>>>>

3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

David Lachapelle ruined the whole era because he wouldn't change some scenes from the mv. Britney and her team had to scrap it and everything went downhill.

Because of that the single's release was delayed (already confirmed by the Las Vegas Sun) and there was nothing planned to support it, not even banners on Itunes. She was supposed to perform it at the BBMA that year but that didn't happen. A lot of money was lost and her following music videos were low budget.

If everything went as planned we would have had a complete era with at least 3 singles. Britney was excited, fit and radiant and actually did a lot of promo (Ellen, Carpool Karaoke, the Today show, Uk tour, 5 festivals, Magazine covers, radio interviews, etc) but all of that wasn't enough. 

It was David Lachapelle's fault, he's an ******* and everybody knows it :juggingu:

This. I don’t know why everyone is blaming Sam. He came in literally at the end of the era.

Something tells me Make Me would have had a better success if it was released when it was supposed to. BBMAs happened in late May and was a good pre-summer song. The video was gonna be hot and it definitely seemed like her label was interested in releasing multiple singles. I honestly believe they would have but they definitely lost a ton of money with LaChapelle’s video. Following that whole debacle and the VMAs, I always just got the feeling Britney felt over that song. I think she liked it initially but all that constant back and forth must’ve been frustrating. Anyone remember her comment at the Apple Music Festival? “Thank god that’s over.” Maybe I read too much into things but I’ve definitely felt that way lol

Slumber Party stands as one of my favorite videos she’s ever done, but that song was done so dirty. It really deserved more justice and a really cool AMA performance.

LaChapelle’s video caused the era to go awry. They definitely lost money and the added POM dates reflect that. That mixed in with drama with her dad/Bryan at the time make a lot of sense. It also could play into her sabbatical. She probably feels bad for everything and wants to spend more time with her dad. You truly don’t know how quickly you can lose someone.

then again, just a theory.

3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

All we know is that everything went downhill with the music video.  Who's to blame?   I don't know.  But she was getting lots of positive mainstream attention following the BBMAs until the Make Me video/VMA performance, which is sad.

1 minute ago, studlygeorge said:

LaChapelle’s video caused the era to go awry. They definitely lost money and the added POM dates reflect that. That mixed in with drama with her dad/Bryan at the time make a lot of sense. It also could play into her sabbatical. She probably feels bad for everything and wants to spend more time with her dad. You truly don’t know how quickly you can lose someone.

I agree, Britney still had high budget music videos and people say her label don’t care about her :tiffeyeroll: when I really think they supported her with glory, but team b just scrapped like usual :bcutelaugh: poor brit :mariahstare:

6 hours ago, Inherzone said:

i think its probably because of sam... wasnt she always like that (more with kevin)

maybe she cant do both: havin' a boyfriend and caring a career... and her passion is def. gone :(

6 hours ago, ShadyBrian said:

Sam happened.

Somehow she doesn't give a **** about her career when she is in a relationship :whatitellu:

this was when she was with David though

4 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Why is it David Lachapelle's fault, and not the ******* sponsors?

He probably turned in a masterpiece, but because Britney's record company insists on jamming in so much product placement into her videos I can definitely see the sponsors digging in their heels over whatever they saw. To me, that's the fault of Britney's Team, not David Lachapelle. He's an artist - why hire him if you don't want artistry?

And I don't believe for a second it was because the video was "too ****" for Britney. For the sponsors? Sure. For Britney? No.

41 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

What do you mean the "drama with her dad/Bryan"? Is there something more I don't know about, or are you just seeing my posts about it?

:omg:

5 hours ago, generation glory said:

Imo it must be something related to her mental health. It’s like she takes two steps forward then takes two steps backwards so she’s always inconsistent and stuck in a rut. Yes she is the kind of person who loses herself when she’s in a relationship whether it’s with Sam or whomever, which itself is a huge red flag for how she views herself. Relationships are an escape from her having to focus and deal with the parts of herself or maybe the parts of her life she doesn’t like or is unhappy about. :pensiveney:

She sounded more mature and exuded confidence when she did interviews for the lingerie line. Go watch those interviews then compare that to the more recent ones from last year. Say what you want about David and Charlie but I think they helped bring out the parts of herself that made her feel good. Like her more spiritual side (David) and maturity & personal growth (Charlie). What’s Sam bringing out of her? What’s his contributions to the relationship? :mj:

Just asking because these guys do have an effect of her because that’s what she allows whether she realizes it or not. Jason definitely not good for her but that doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy. Same goes with Sam. Her self worth is connected to her relationships with men. That probably stems from her childhood, i.e., her relationship with Jamie. :tiffanynod: :tiffanycries:

Her mental issues can be exacerbated on some level by these relationships. She may blame it on daddy issues but while there’s likely truth to that, Britney herself also has men issues that she’s not properly addressing. She should take this break to work on herself in therapy. Medication (if she’s on it or not) can only do so much. Clearly dancing and performing isn’t cutting it as therapy either. She needs to dig deep, talk about things with a therapist. Maybe even get her dad and mom into sessions with her. I get the feeling that’s not happening. It hurts. It’s maybe embarrassing for her/them. That’s apart of healing though.

Instead of doing that she turns to relationships with men, or turns to her hometown girl friends when no man is in her life, or she dances like she said in FTR to release her feelings, recording music, puts on a show, etc. She has to address her problems for real in a way that’ll really tackle everything instead of glossing over it, getting a temporary fix via men or music. Imo she may not be in a good place emotionally right now not just because of her dad’s recent health problems. jmo.

Many thing u said reminded me of this 

https://books.google.com.br/books?id=eOiunEB5ccMC&pg=PA85&lpg=PA85&dq=Lynne+spears+britney+Justin+pastor+Jamie&source=bl&ots=f8rxIxl_vn&sig=lxeMSddCIuybZtGwoG2Rkpj_Xi8&hl=pt-BR&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjTrvPlxN_fAhXCl5AKHRqYChAQ6AEwCnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Lynne spears britney Justin pastor Jamie&f=false

13 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

this was when she was with David though

The difference is David wasn't someone like Sam. I can't think of the word but I guess superficial would be it. Sam is all about looking good, dressing good, constantly looking 110% best. Fitness is his life so God forbid he eats fries! 

David was that but also more. He was a normal guy who let loose. He was comfortable and she felt that way too. She was connected with the real world, therefore she acted normal and connected normally with everyone. That's why her performance is way better here. She connected with fans, put her heart into it cuz she knew that's her purpose in life. 

With Sam, she's exactly like him. Don't care about anyone but themselves. And by that, I mean she only cared about what she wanted and nothing else. If people weren't happy that her residency was postponed, she'd be like "oh too bad, but I need this break".... Pretty sure with any other guy she'd have a heart. 

I guess what I'm trying yo say is Sam isn't a positive reinforcer like how David was

44 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Why is it David Lachapelle's fault, and not the ******* sponsors?

He probably turned in a masterpiece, but because Britney's record company insists on jamming in so much product placement into her videos I can definitely see the sponsors digging in their heels over whatever they saw. To me, that's the fault of Britney's Team, not David Lachapelle. He's an artist - why hire him if you don't want artistry?

And I don't believe for a second it was because the video was "too ****" for Britney. For the sponsors? Sure. For Britney? No.

It had nothing to do with the sponsors. Britney didn't like some scenes and wanted to change them but David was such a diva that refused to listen to her. She even called him an ******* and said it was "awful". I blame David because he could change things a bit but he just wanted his first post retirement video to be controversial even if Britney would look bad. That wasn't cool and ruined everything :juggingu:

1 minute ago, studlygeorge said:

I just saw your posts. In theory it all kind of adds up. But I could be making something out of nothing

Scrolling through her Instagram timeline, it is pretty clear that Bryan was much more involved in her career for a period of time.

I can't remember where I originally got the idea about Bryan becoming her tour manager. I don't know if it was from another poster here, or if I saw it on Twitter. But now I feel like I need to go back and figure it all out.

Archived