What really happened to 2016ney?

glorybitch

We had heard about Make Me being performed at BBMA's as being premiered there but later delayed due to I guess adding a feature on the track. The song already had been making rounds so it wasn't held back due to David or anyone else.

The video was being shot in the summer (late May/early June I believe) where she clearly Instagrammed a shot of her with the dancers, previews of the red paint scene (the hands covered with it) and some of her and another dancer she was rumored to be sleeping with. E! even did an interview off the set of the video with her. She clearly was interested in the original video until something happened. So this false narrative that David single handedly ruined the era and album is nonsense. Team Britney has had a history of scrapping and discarding videos, songs, materials and being difficult to work with whether it be her team, legalities or sponsors not wanting their brand shown in a negative light. 

Britney prior to the album campaign had been shedding her  "I'm a Mom now" image from Britney Jean. We got those magazine shots of her looking her best in years, the Private Show commercial, the Instagram clips of her singing "Breathe On Me" in a bikini along with her hairflipping to another song. So it wasn't like the image was a conservative one from the get go. When the video got canned, she suddenly began dressing in a more toned down fashion but the initial take was a ******** liberated Britney. The proof is there.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived