What really happened to 2016ney?

glorybitch

We had tv performance, new music, PROMO! in some sorts.. :shadelaugh:, but then what? Everyone is quick to blame Sam but I really don’t think it’s just that. 

Maybe britney was excited about new music and actually having control over it :bbmaney: but just got bored when the glory era started? 

I’ve seen glimpses of 2016ney in 2017 but 2018 and 2019 seem like a complete mess.. New candids suggest this :crying1:. God forbid it’s her mental health :ehno: She just seems completely bored again, she took a step forward and 2016 but is taking two steps back to ffney :crying2:

What do you all think? 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Avatar said:

When Slumber Party failed to debut on the charts at #1. Britney’s team decided it was time to give up and focus on Vegas. :ohi:

So you think this made britney give up completely? She was so in love with glory and it was showing, but now it’s like she couldn’t care less again .. 

11 minutes ago, gl0rybi*ch said:

So you think this made britney give up completely? She was so in love with glory and it was showing, but now it’s like she couldn’t care less again .. 

No. I’m saying her team made that choice. They did the same thing with Perfume and Pretty Girls. The difference was Glory still had potential to be more successful. They want the Femme Fatale/Circus numbers when Britney still had her comeback popularity. They’re clearly out of touch now and just expect her to be number 1 without the work.

Just now, bizi said:

I think it wasn't up to her

I think its RCA,  just like they did with BJ

6 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

That's why. When she dated, she loses interest in everything and focuses her entire attention on her new man

9 minutes ago, Cuteney said:

Sam :mariahstare:

The minute after she brokeup with Charlie, she started slaying POM like nevah (mermaidney)

These are all good points, but why is she going around looking all messy and like 2007ney? :mariahstare: It has to be something more compared to how well she was doing in 2016..

Just now, Avatar said:

No. I’m saying her her team made that choice. They did the same thing with Perfume and Pretty Girls. The difference was Glory still had potential to be more successful. They want the Femme Fatale/Circus numbers when Britney still had her comeback popularity. They’re clearly out of touch now and just expect her to be number 1 without the work.

I get that, but that doesn’t explain the change in Britney herself from 2016 to now.. 

Just now, gl0rybi*ch said:

I get that, but that doesn’t explain the change in Britney herself from 2016 to now.. 

She hasn’t exactly been consistent in her drive or personality since 2003. It’s probbaly more noticeable now because she’s been doing the same thing since 2013 so we notice any slight change. 

7 minutes ago, Avatar said:

No. I’m saying her team made that choice. They did the same thing with Perfume and Pretty Girls. The difference was Glory still had potential to be more successful. They want the Femme Fatale/Circus numbers when Britney still had her comeback popularity. They’re clearly out of touch now and just expect her to be number 1 without the work.

I think the Make Me Video and the overhyping of her VMA perfomance/questionable time-slot derailed the Glory era a lot because after the 2016 Billboard performance she was getting lots of hype and attention.

11 minutes ago, gl0rybi*ch said:

These are all good points, but why is she going around looking all messy and like 2007ney? :mariahstare: It has to be something more compared to how well she was doing in 2016..

She’s probably going through a lot because of her dad being sick. Stress like that can make mental health problems flare up. She seems to have been like that for most of 2018 though, so there’s probably something else going on as well.

24 minutes ago, Avatar said:

When Slumber Party failed to debut on the charts at #1. Britney’s team decided it was time to give up and focus on Vegas. :ohi:

but something must have happened even before that

I think the whole mess started since the MM music video drama, and MM failing to hit on the radio. I remember there was this executive trying to make it happen by sending that "remix" with Me, Myself and I but radio stations still refused to play it.

MM and SP aren't that far apart, but back then it felt like an eternity. If you think about it, SP wasn't even properly released as a single. They just replaced the standard track with the Tinashe collab, without saying a thing, there wasn't a single itself. The music video came out, and only centuries after that, that remix EP came out (which didn't even include the version from the video). 

It was like the record label was already done before Slumber Party happened. Though she kept doing the festivals by the end of the year, so I think that wasn't the reason.

My theory is that Jamie was replaced by Bryan as tour manager around August 2015. That was the "daddy issues" comment -- it's what she meant by the "daddy issues" being "behind her." It would mean Jamie wouldn't be in her hair every day in Vegas. She'd have more room to breathe with Bryan calling the shots (e.g. making her daily schedule, coordinating her comings and goings with security, etc.)

But somewhere along the line Bryan receded from view. He stopped being in all the candids. So I'm guessing that Jamie went back to being tour manager again. Meaning he went back to being in Britney's everyday life again.

I mean...I love my dad, but I sure as hell wouldn't want him being up in my career 24/7. 

11 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I think the Make Me Video and the overhyping of her VMA perfomance/questionable time-slot derailed the Glory era a lot because after the 2016 Billboard performance she was getting lots of hype and attention.

Make Me seen a huuuuge increase after her VMA performance on itunes

The public had no problem with the song and performance

31 minutes ago, gl0rybi*ch said:

Everyone is quick to blame Sam but I really don’t think it’s just that. 

But it makes sense though (it doesn't, really, but it's too much coincidence). As someone said, her slayage started to build little by little since 2015 after she broke up with Charlie.

And then stopped, little by little after she started dating Sam. Coincidence? :umok: Maybe, but it's just too much.

I don't know what could be the relationship between her being single or with a couple, like how could that affect negatively her performance skills, but something happens with that. Maybe being love makes her weak or anxious or something :yaknow: :blol: 

I think she was still doing ok in most of 2017, not as great as 2016, but was still good. I saw her in October of that year, and it was awesome. The only bothering thing was the makeup. During the Asian tour I think she slayed some dates despite what some people say in here.

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But it makes sense though (it doesn't, really, but it's too much coincidence). As someone said, her slayage started to build little by little since 2015 after she broke up with Charlie.

And then stopped, little by little after she started dating Sam. Coincidence? :umok: Maybe, but it's just too much.

I don't know what could be the relationship between her being single or with a couple, like how could that affect negatively her performance skills, but something happens with that. Maybe being love makes her weak or anxious or something :yaknow: :blol: 

I think she was still doing ok in most of 2017, not as great as 2016, but was still good. I saw her in October of that year, and it was awesome. The only bothering thing was the makeup. During the Asian tour I think she slayed some dates despite what some people say in here.

Exactly. I think sam has (something) to do with it, but it’s not entirely his fault and there’s more to the story we’ll never know....

Unless of course she’s freed from the c-ship and writes that book :airpls:

Archived