What really happened to 2016ney?

glorybitch

2 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

It had nothing to do with the sponsors. Britney didn't like some scenes and wanted to change them but David was such a diva that refused to listen to her. She even called him an ******* and said it was "awful". I blame David because he could change things a bit but he just wanted his first post retirement video to be controversial even if Britney would look bad. That wasn't cool and ruined everything :juggingu:

Do you have receipts for any of that, or is it just your opinion?

I don't think that random video from the MM set counts. From what I could see, they were all laughing as she was yelling at him.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it to be an interesting coincidence that two different elite professionals within the industry, (I.e., David LaChapelle and Joseph Kahn) both experienced huge issues with filming Britney’s music videos post-conservatorship. Personally, if needing someone to blame, I would look at the common denominator behind things being scrapped sans any real explanation (I.e., Team B).  

2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I find it to be an interesting coincidence that two different elite professionals within the industry, (I.e., David LaChapelle and Joseph Kahn) both experienced huge issues with filming Britney’s music videos post-conservatorship. Personally, if needing someone to blame, I would look at the common denominator behind things being scrapped sans any real explanation (I.e., Team B).  

Britney’s entire career post conservatorship has just been a big whirlwind. It’d amaze me if we ever actually got any solid answers about all the weird crap from the past few years other than Larry’s “it just didn’t work”. What didn’t work? it’s not like they didn’t know what the video would entail beforehand. Something weird definitely happened and it derailed the entire era. Has anyone ever asked LaChapelle directly?

1 hour ago, Pinty said:

When did she said this? I believe Justin has narcissitic personality disorder and this adds to my suspicious

She said this during one interview after their break-up... she didn't mention his name, but it was easy to guess. I can understand why you would be suspicious of him being a narcissist, he really acts like one sometimes.

1 minute ago, Pinty said:

do you have a link to the interview? im really interested :disappointed:

I'm trying to find it, it's been hard for me to remember: I'm not sure if it was during a TV show or a special... nobody mentioned him, but the way she said it, made it seem like she was really throwing shade at him - and he does have the vibe that he likes listening to the sound of his own voice, you can just check the video below of how she looks at him when he interrupts her (0:40). After the break up, they used to love throwing subliminal shade at each other. (If I do remember the video, I'll send you via PM)

10 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Do you have receipts for any of that, or is it just your opinion?

I don't think that random video from the MM set counts. From what I could see, they were all laughing as she was yelling at him.

They were not laughing at all, those were the people inside the house filming the whole thing.

Britney hated the bulldozer scene and found it ridiculous, she was angry and you could see it. I also remember an insider saying that David was really hard to work with and that Britney wanted to tone it down but he refused to do so and took everything with him, even the original album's photoshoot.

33 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

They were not laughing at all, those were the people inside the house filming the whole thing.

Britney hated the bulldozer scene and found it ridiculous, she was angry and you could see it. I also remember an insider saying that David was really hard to work with and that Britney wanted to tone it down but he refused to do so and took everything with him, even the original album's photoshoot.

If you look at Austin Kellogg, who was IN the tractor with her, he is laughing...So I don't think that little snippet is representative whatsoever of what happened on set.

Videos are storyboarded thoroughly in pre-production. Britney and her Team also would have read David's treatment. They knew what the footage was going to look like and feel like before they ever arrived on set.

So I don't believe for a second that those involved with the pre-production were the same people that wanted to can the video...Until I see legit receipts I think this topic is purely opinion from everyone, myself included.

13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If you look at Austin Kellogg, who was IN the tractor with her, he is laughing...So I don't think that little snippet is representative whatsoever of what happened on set.

Videos are storyboarded thoroughly in pre-production. Britney and her Team also would have read David's treatment. They knew what the footage was going to look like and feel like before they ever arrived on set.

So I don't believe for a second that those involved with the pre-production were the same people that wanted to can the video...Until I see legit receipts I think this topic is purely opinion from everyone, myself included.

Dry humping, a POV *** scene with G-Eazy and red ******* was too much for Britney the mom. They could easily change or deleted those scenes but David didn't want to. He clearly wanted to create some controversy but Britney wasn't down for it. There's no other explanation.

6 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Dry humping, a POV *** scene with G-Eazy and red ******* was too much for Britney the mom. They could easily change or deleted those scenes but David didn't want to. He clearly wanted to create some controversy but Britney wasn't down for it. There's no other explanation.

But that's your opinion. 

Britney approved the dry humping, POV *** scene and red ******* before they went into production. That's how videos work. There's a process to filmmaking that is the same every time. Every frame is storyboarded and David would also have written a treatment that Britney would have read before the first day of filming. Maybe she felt uncomfortable after she saw the playback. That's possible. But in the footage we saw she delivered in a way we hadn't seen in a long time. That tells me she wasn't just comfortable on set, she was enjoying the process.

Another explanation is that the sponsors saw the video after it was edited and didn't like how their products were represented. For instance, Britney throws a Sony TV out the window and it kills somebody.

If it was the sponsors who pulled the plug on the project, then that falls on Team B for not doing their homework properly. I think it was more likely to be Team B that is the problem here, seeing as there has been a definite pattern to their work that they've established going back to the FF era.

27 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But that's your opinion. 

Britney approved the dry humping, POV *** scene and red ******* before they went into production. That's how videos work. There's a process to filmmaking that is the same every time. Every frame is storyboarded and David would also have written a treatment that Britney would have read before the first day of filming. Maybe she felt uncomfortable after she saw the playback. That's possible. But in the footage we saw she delivered in a way we hadn't seen in a long time. That tells me she wasn't just comfortable on set, she was enjoying the process.

Another explanation is that the sponsors saw the video after it was edited and didn't like how their products were represented. For instance, Britney throws a Sony TV out the window and it kills somebody.

If it was the sponsors who pulled the plug on the project, then that falls on Team B for not doing their homework properly. I think it was more likely to be Team B that is the problem here, seeing as there has been a definite pattern to their work that they've established going back to the FF era.

LBR Britney probably didn't green light anything here. She probably went on set clueless (like with carpool karaoke etc), she relies on her team heavily. So when she was made to do these scenes she said yes because she is that way inclined (doesn't like telling people "NO") and afterwards decided it was too much when she saw the final product. For me that must be the way it went. Why would she agree to it then waste millions chucking it away?

53 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

but what is she doing (live) on stage? Look at the TOMH / 3 performances how the dancers are touching her - and her outfits aren't very "mom" too (bra and string) and the live Make Me with G-eazy perfomance where shes touchin his d***... SO even the FF Tour/Era was more Momney than the Glory Era.

14 hours ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Idk why but Dolph always came off as a jerk to me. I know Cena's had a crush on her. Not sure if he still does.... Maybe? 

Ohh yeah, he also beat the hell out of K-Fed. That was entertaining. 

Dolph loves her so much. I love it.

you+drive+me+toxic+britney+spears+2014+n

C_lrtXcXYAACZRB.jpg

4 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

but what is she doing (live) on stage? Look at the TOMH / 3 performances how the dancers are touching her - and her outfits aren't very "mom" too (bra and string) and the live Make Me with G-eazy perfomance where shes touchin his d***... SO even the FF Tour/Era was more Momney than the Glory Era.

Right?

I don't understand why fans insist that MM was canned because Britney was a prude when every single thing she's done since then has been overtly ******.

To me, the "I'm a mom now" excuse is the least likely of all of the explanations.

14 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

Mikey is "f**king" her at the begining and the last scene is Geazy f**king Britney, seen from her point of view. That's basically **** :wyd: What she does on stage is nothing compared to that. I wouldn't want to see my mom being f**ked by a rapper either, Britney knew it wasn't right so she scrapped the whole thing. There's no other good reason to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars to the garbage :juggingu:

54 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But that's your opinion. 

Maybe you're right about the sponsors but we've seen many videos being scrapped for being too ****** or controversial and none of them had sponsors. I think Britney just doesn't feel comfortable with those things anymore and pulls back.

12 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Mikey is "f**king" her at the begining and the last scene is Geazy f**king Britney, seen from her point of view. That's basically **** :wyd: What she does on stage is nothing compared to that. I wouldn't want to see my mom being f**ked by a rapper either, Britney knew it wasn't right so she scrapped the whole thing. There's no other good reason to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars to the garbage :juggingu:

you said it "f-uckin" ("") from her POINT of VIEW. he wasnt even there with her. 

but k. to your point of view about that video :)

Archived