Press Drama its Here: Billboard - Cancellation Could Cost Her Millions

Barajas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

The real winners of this whole thing moneywise is MGM. Because they now know how Britney was selling and what profit the show was estimated to make. 

I’m really interested to see if the contract will stay the same or they will change it if Vegas continues. 

exactly!!.. and I am still shocked they seem to be pushing to postpone instead of cancelling, even when they saw the numbers
probably the demand was not as bad as we thought..

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

If it’s for the well being of the client I’m sure won’t be held against them. 

Britney’s mental stage could be effected by her dad being ill, therefore not able to continue work. 

:yeahsure: I just think that maybe contract wasn't stellar if it wasn't taken into consideration that She may be hugely affected by situation like this... It's not just obvious statement that She may not earn millions, why would She pay for something beyond her controll  ? Bunch of optimists, no wonder if everyone involved in situation will get paid for work, everyone but Britney :weirdmeout:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, falka said:

Can a person under financial conservatorship lose all that millions publicly without any changes in structure of conservatorship?:bpo: Didn't they score awards for themselves for splendid managing skills?

They are the last people to win awards, she literally has the worst management team ever. Even the laziest popstars has a good team than hers and she didn’t even get to chose them, they basically hired themselves.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

I’m really interested to see if the contract will stay the same or they will change it if Vegas continues. 

It will change, for sure. Maybe with more time the s how can be as good as an old Britney show (If she decides to change her lazy attitude, which I don't think so but Domination NEEDED more time to be good) and, let's be honest, the "comeback to Vegas" will sell even more than the few tickets she sold for Domination. It's a win-win situation for both sides

56 minutes ago, Barajas said:

exactly!!.. and I am still shocked they seem to be pushing to postpone instead of cancelling, even when they saw the numbers
probably the demand was not as bad as we thought..

We don’t really know what’s going on. 

Maybe they will pay less or add more promo to the contract. Only time will tell.

55 minutes ago, falka said:

:yeahsure: I just think that maybe contract wasn't stellar if it wasn't taken into consideration that She may be hugely affected by situation like this... It's not just obvious statement that She may not earn millions, why would She pay for something beyond her controll  ? Bunch of optimists, no wonder if everyone involved in situation will get paid for work, everyone but Britney :weirdmeout:

I’m sort of lost on what you are saying. 

Creative directors and dancers have already put in work so they deserve to be paid. Britney was gonna get paid a set fee for each show. The show doesn’t go on she doesn’t get paid. 

This show was to get more money. She isn’t gonna go broke by not doing it. 

3 minutes ago, maquisl said:

It will change, for sure. Maybe with more time the s how can be as good as an old Britney show (If she decides to change her lazy attitude, which I don't think so but Domination NEEDED more time to be good) and, let's be honest, the "comeback to Vegas" will sell even more than the few tickets she sold for Domination. It's a win-win situation for both sides

I don’t know if that is really the case. Depending on what goes down if the show goes on will determine a lot of things. General fans that paid and lost money may not go now. If ppl weren’t in general gonna go I don’t see why her dad being ill would make ppl want to see her more 

Really if a new show happens the biggest help to tickets will be Britney involved promo. New single and interviews of Britney being involved. Clearly the nonpromo route wasn’t working. 

2 hours ago, Shadow. said:

im sure the financial loss is what britney is really worried about at the moment :britoverit:

She’s easily got $250m sitting in the bank or in assets. I’m sure she would happily pay $10m to MGM so she could be with her dad in what could be the last weeks of his life 

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Creative directors and dancers have already put in work so they deserve to be paid. Britney was gonna get paid a set fee for each show.

Idk if U are suggesting that Britney's work starts at first show of new residency?

Why penalty for her if someone else should take into consideration what just happened and costructed better contract or take insurance.

Someone like folks from conservatorsip, wasn't this their job? If not, what is their job? 

Billboard is shitstirer I swear :weusay:

6 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

I'm low key hoping she doesn't tour or do anything else this year! :lowkeyno:

I tend to agree, it would likely be very positive for her to take a break from the industry altogether, due to both familial obligations and the necessity to become re-inspired in order to create a new show (I mean, Piece Of Me just ended)! 

I don't see the shade or drama, they're just reporting about the possible consequences, for all parties involved, about this sudden decision.

Of course there always have to be some sort of protection, but we don't have the contract they signed. I think the last thing Britney's team or MGM want is to begin some sort of legal battle, which would only cost them more money. All these possible scenarios must have been contemplated to some extent before signing anything.

I suppose they'll just "wait and see" what happens in the following months, and I'm sure, for MGM's statements, they'll be willing to start a residency for her in the future whenever she's ready, maybe this time for a shorter period of time, and maybe she'll earn a little bit less than what she was going to get originally.

31 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

I hope Brit has to pay out of her own pocket for these losses. 

She's fleeced us fans for years with awful tours and fake vocals on albums - it's about time Team Flop suffered where it hurts them the most (their wallets.) 

Most likely.

But I think they'll recover that by saving anything they could've invested on already, like props, costumes, etc, for whatever she does next. What I mean is whether she comes back with the same residency or any kind of new show, in a year or couple of years, they'll totally try to recycle anything they paid for with Domination, and will invest the least possible for the new show/tour/whatever. :raven:

Archived