'Domination' Creative Directors Says Britney Would Have Performed "Overprotected" And "My Prerogative"

Britneybabyx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

yo no creo que hubieran cancelado por algún otro motivo, como malas ventas, al final de cuentas a ella le iban a pagar lo mismo vendiera o no. En todo caso, MGM hubiera podido decir que se cancela, si tan molestos estaban con las ventas, pero ellos mismos en su Instagram lo ponen como "pospuesto". 

Si el mensaje dijera que es por problemas de salud de Britney, sin definir qué, entonces sí te lo creería que hay gato encerrado. Britney y su "team" serán todo, pero usar la salud y la vida de su padre como pretexto, sería muy bajo incluso para ellos.

Ahora como alguien dijo, Nappytabs puede decir misa ahora, porque nunca vamos a ver lo que realmente tenían planeado, pero Overprotected ya estaba casi casi confirmada por ellos, así que no me parece tan loco lo que dicen. Pero creo que ellos mismos están matando cualquier remota posibilidad de volver a trabajar con Britney con estos tweets, cuando sea que retome su carrera, porque ya están spoileando todo el show.

es súper triste todo, 

pero ayer los productores posteando fotos del show, y hoy la marca Britney Spears cancela el show, evidentemente,  no fue britney posteando la FOTO, fue el equipo, ósea algo  grave está pasando para que a un mes del show y todo lo que implica se cancele, Jamie cómo es el q maneja y controla todo, es por eso que se tuvo que cancelar,  lo de las ventas bajas pues puede ser q si haya influido y por eso MGM, no puso muchos peros para la cancelación, al contrario quizá dijo, si mejor que se cancele, y rentamos estás noches a alguien más, ejemplo lady Gaga, quizá aumente sus fechas.

es súper triste.. como siempre todo mal con Britney Spears. La amo, pero siempre pasa algo, no está nada estructurado, y en vez de calmar la tormenta, dejan que especulemos y que se dañe más la marca, y se pierda credibilidad, en cuestión de imagen pública, lo están haciendo NEFASTO.

OJALA JAMIE SE RECUPERE,  y todo esto sirva para algo positivo, pero lo dudo, ya que no aprenden, 

2 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

It's 100% not cancelled? Just the way they say 'hopefully we can work with you in the future' sounds like they don't think it's happening.

Either way, honestly, until I hear vocals I don't believe it. Though, to be fair, that's not what we should be focusing on I suppose.

I think it's definitely canceled. Per Britney’s post: 

“I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.”

She explicitly states she will not be performing Domination, in contrast to saying something like, “I regret having to wait longer to perform my new show for all of you.”

Plus, she reported having anticipated seeing the fans “this year,” but then essentially announces that will no longer be the case. Well, we are four days into “this year,” and yet she has already expressed her disappointment, sans any semblance of ambiguity, with regard to no longer having the opportunity to perform for her fans in 2019. 

Further, while the media outlets are alternating between using the phrasing “cancelled” vs “postponed,” they all have reported the show is on an “indefinite hiatus.” Indefinite means just that. As such, MGM has no authority or business telling fans false promises such as the show likely beginning within six months or whatever the hell they’re claiming, when the artist herself has effectively confirmed she’s not doing the show for a minimum of 12 months. 

ETA: Here’s a screenshot of the message on Ticketmaster, if anyone is interested despite the minimal information provided:

5c2faad8c9f8acf7d2473308?ops=max(650,0),

26 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I think it's definitely canceled. Per Britney’s post: 

“I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.”

She explicitly states she will not be performing Domination, in contrast to saying something like, “I regret having to wait longer to perform my new show for all of you.”

Plus, she reported having anticipated seeing the fans “this year,” but then essentially announces that will no longer be the case. Well, we are four days into “this year,” and yet she has already expressed her disappointment, sans any semblance of ambiguity, with regard to no longer having the opportunity to perform for her fans in 2019. 

Further, while the media outlets are alternating between using the phrasing “cancelled” vs “postponed,” they all have reported the show is on an “indefinite hiatus.” Indefinite means just that. As such, MGM has no authority or business telling fans false promises such as the show likely beginning within six months or whatever the hell they’re claiming, when the artist herself has confirmed she’s not doing the show for a minimum of 12 months. 

Well... It would have been kinda disrespectful for this situation to say "Hey, you'll have to wait a little bit longer because my father almost died! Let's see what happens!"... wouldn't it?

Anyway...

1 minute ago, Domnayy said:

So either:

a) they cancelled because of low ticket sales

b) nappy tabs pushed for live vocals and better costumes and Britney didn't like it

Or maybe her father is not going to be the head of the conservatorship and they need a longer time to figure things out?

46 minutes ago, sibode said:

Well... It would have been kinda disrespectful for this situation to say "Hey, you'll have to wait a little bit longer because my father almost died! Let's see what happens!"... wouldn't it?

Hah, well yes if it was phrased like that, but a post saying something to the effect of, “Due to a severe illness in my immediate family, I am heartbroken to have to postpone the debut of my brand new residency until my loved one is stable. Thank you for your understanding and support, and I can’t wait to see you back in Vegas after my father recovers.”

That’s not disrespectful in the slightest, while also providing paying customers with an assurance that Domination will begin later this year, or whatever.

I’m not criticizing Britney for how she’s handling this; it’s an enormously stressful dilemma to have to effectively choose between caring for your ill and aging father, vs fulfilling the $100 million contract you’ve signed, knowing that hundreds of staff are reliant on you for their paycheck, while millions of lifelong fans will also be seriously disappointed or upset. I do not envy the position she’s currently in.

However, I do have a problem with “Nappytabs” essentially baiting the fanbase with empty promises about an amazing show that suddenly conveniently provides the fans with everything they’ve spent 15 years begging for, all while knowing full well they no longer have any obligation to ever actually reveal or otherwise follow-through on said additions.

I mean, is anyone actually this gullible? She just spent five years doing POM, and yet somehow it never occurred to anyone on her team (or to her, for that matter) that a singer serving live vocals and performing fan-favorite hits, especially ones that have never once been performed before, was likely a very good idea?

It's especially insulting since Larry can’t claim ignorance regarding the hugely problematic manner in which critics, the general public and fans alike perceive the 100% lipsynching Britney does each and every show. That's precisely why Billboard asked him about it prior to POM starting, as he knew hardly anyone outside the hardcore lifelong stans would still bother attending if he actually told the truth. Hence the reason he gave an answer so unabashedly deceptive that he now has a solid chance of being elected POTUS next year.

So it was actually going to be a great show and we will never see it :tiffanycries:

I can't with all of this, I was seriously planning to go see her in Vegas finally since I couldn't make it the last time and now my heart is broken, I had my hopes up with Nappytabs because they actually seemed to understand our corcerns :crying1:

16 minutes ago, alexdaily said:

So it was actually going to be a great show and we will never see it :tiffanycries:

I can't with all of this, I was seriously planning to go see her in Vegas finally since I couldn't make it the last time and now my heart is broken, I had my hopes up with Nappytabs because they actually seemed to understand our corcerns :crying1:

as I said, this is just the beginning of a new myth in Britney's fandom. Just like Original Doll, a few years from now people will still be speculating about the original setlist, and all the amazing songs she was gonna perform: Overprotected, My Prerogative, Shattered Glass, Mannequin with original rehearsals choreo, Early Mornin', Toy Soldier, Get Naked, Trip to Your Heart, etc. 

Even if she comes up later with another "Domination" show, people will still argue it was not the same as the originally planned. When she performs with her POM Tour kind of style, people will blame that she hasn't recovered from her father's health issues (or possible death). 

In the years to come Domination will be known as THE BEST show she would've ever done but will never happen :tiffanynod:

Archived