Exhale Reacts: Britney Spears Cancels 'Domination'

4 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

I'm glad that she cancelled it. Otherwise it would be disaster to see her performing without passion and clear mind. She have to act like *** doll on stage ( well hello....her show is called Domination its all about ***) and in this situation It's hard to act like that. Im more concern for her next record. At this point maybe 2 years later? :decisions:

nooo, let’s be a little more positive :bop: 

also I always thought Domination could be referring to the fact she dominates music and overall fame on celebrity businesses.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Wait What?

I remember the rumor and it was because her record company gave her permission to be calm and away from the press after the break  up with Justin.This was when they protected her .There was also a rumor that during that time she was recovering from a supposed ********.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

That seems really cynical to me. I'm sure you're right, but it just rubs me the wrong way knowing that Larry and her team will in fact use this as positive PR when Britney just wants to be with her dad.

Uhhh...With some of the stuff that her Team has pulled in the past, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they're using Jamie's health as an excuse to buy time.

That's how they roll.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

This whole recidency was wrong from the start: 

- POM in Vegas has just finished after 5 years 

- she just wrapped the POM tour in the summer 

- No new music not even a single to create a buzz 

- the announcement was a mess period 

- Nothing From britney herself and only started showing videos of rehearsals recently

You can only sell the nostalgia act for so long and POM did that for 5 years! 

With This ‘new’ show what was there to be excited about ? We had nothing to be excited about. 

This will be the break she needs so she can be with her family and focus on her dads health &  I hope britney herself is ok. 

What were they thinking to begin with? I mean...Really? :jtum:

It's too bad it took Jamie's ill health for them to get a reality check...but that old saying is true. "Everything happens for a reason."

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

This whole recidency was wrong from the start: 

- POM in Vegas has just finished after 5 years 

- she just wrapped the POM tour in the summer 

- No new music not even a single to create a buzz 

- the announcement was a mess period 

- Nothing From britney herself and only started showing videos of rehearsals recently

You can only sell the nostalgia act for so long and POM did that for 5 years! 

With This ‘new’ show what was there to be excited about ? We had nothing to be excited about. 

This will be the break she needs so she can be with her family and focus on her dads health &  I hope britney herself is ok. 

6D0729F4-9662-4AE5-AAD7-AEB265AFDCAF.thu

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, TylerTremallose said:

One thing I find sad about this whole situation is how many "fans" on here were so quick to bash the show as well as britney from this news, while on the lady gaga board (GGD), they are mostly all showing support for this hardship in her life. 

Little monsters are supporting Britney? I thought many were being bitchy as well, maybe bc someone posted a tweet where a little monster was joking that if Britney fans still wanted to see a good show, there was enigma. 

Didnt Joe Germanotta also suffered from smt years ago and that's why Gaga wrote speechless? 

4 minutes ago, nels64 said:

It's because half of britney fans are disgusting vile people. 

Yes, some are.

But to be fair, Britney fans give and give and give (their hard earned $$$) and get so little in return. Her Team really doesn't treat fans well.

Were you here during the FF era? There were a million Cappy's, all defending every little thing that Britney and her Team did. But now there's only one Cappy left. That's how frustrated her fans have become.

I think some of these harsh comments are growing out of that long-simmering frustration.

• Like 8
On 1/4/2019 at 5:55 PM, Godney's Sweet *** said:

So why not cancel 2 months ago when things looked bad?  Why wait 2 months until he's better before cancelling? Oh that's right - 2 months of poor ticket sales. 

Realistically no, ticket sales mean nothing to Britney she is paid a fixed fee it’s a residency not a tour.

something fishy is going on and my main hypothesis looking at the evidence,

jamie ruptured his colon as was said but the reasoning not disclosed it might be a hereditary illness or cancer. Either way Britneys mental health has deteriorated or is at risk to and the potential financial risk outweighs  the opportunity cost, 

44 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Idk it looked like the show was supposed to be great and the ideas behind it seemed like the best show yet...I just think it was rushed. Why? I guess we'll have to wait and see. But there were too many rumors about Apple Pie and new music and Pitbull etc for there to not have been SOME truth to them.

I think something happened mid-summer last year when Britney started acting more standoffish at meet and greets and was seen crying at shows. 

I know Britney's team are bozos sometimes, but it's just really really stupid for them not to release at least a new single with the new show. Something just seemed really really off about the whole thing. I think Jamie's sickness is definitely the reason she's stopping the show, but I can also agree that the show was not ready or things were not going according to plan. 

I agree with most of what you said. Despite many others here, I loved the "Domination" idea or at least little glimpse they gave us with that promo photo (In my mind the theme was going to be similar to Prerogative's promo videos). Of course that never happened and it kinda ended up being a POM 3.0

And I never believed the Apple Pie rumors but now it looks like the duet with Pitbull was true, and that confirms that something really happened during the european tour. I don't know why but she wanst 100% ok, all those stories and by looking at her you could see that she wasn't good. I think the c-ship was extended that month? Or maybe she was affected by all the legal problems with K-Fed :ponderney: idk, but I do think that that single was supposed to be released during the tour and something happened and they scrapped it.

So I think Jaime's health was one of the many reasons behind this decision (mostly because he's recovering at home and no one has reported that he's not doing well). Anyway, I'm glad this happened because she really needs to stop for a while and spend time with her family without rusing into work. Clearly Domination wasn't going to be a good show.  I hope we are all wrong and that she's not coming back in a few months with Domination again.

On 1/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, maquisl said:

When I started reading the statement I thought someone had died. That's why I don't believe that this is just an excuse. But I don't think he's dead, just seriously ill.

But nothing makes sense tbh. The journalist says that he's recovering at home so there's no reason to cancel the whole show and not just a leg. I want to believe that his's health got worse quickly and that he's not doing well with the recovery. But it's all too weird

Jamie is the conservator she may not be legally able to have a show or the insurance may not cover it. He is unwell and unable to perform his duties meaning Britney can’t perform hers without filling out the paperwork with a judge for a new conservator,

1 minute ago, Betty1994 said:

Jamie is the conservator she may not be legally able to have a show or the insurance may not cover it. He is unwell and unable to perform his duties meaning Britney can’t perform hers without filling out the paperwork with a judge for a new conservator,

But isn't Bryan her co-conservator? Dind't he worked for Britney while Jamie wasn't around for whatever reason? I think that happened during POM in 2015/6. :ponderney: Of course we don't know how the c-ship works but I'm sure she can perform the shows without him being around all the time and don't forget that her lawyer is the co-conservator of her estate and I think that includes the contract with MGM.

5 minutes ago, maquisl said:

But isn't Bryan her co-conservator? Dind't he worked for Britney while Jamie wasn't around for whatever reason? I think that happened during POM in 2015/6. :ponderney: Of course we don't know how the c-ship works but I'm sure she can perform the shows without him being around all the time and don't forget that her lawyer is the co-conservator of her estate and I think that includes the contract with MGM.

Jamie wasn’t around but he was probably still available in this scenario he isn’t able to fulfill his functions as a conservator, 

She maybe also be able to perform shows but mgm doesn’t want her to  as it would be far worse long term and short term for issues to occur without all her assistance present. It may invalidate insurance or put off future business partners, 

• Like 1
On 1/4/2019 at 8:20 PM, Hypnotherapy said:

I know it's really not the point, but Britney wouldn't have. Check POM boxscore. She stopped selling out that (Smaller) theatre years ago. They even hiked prices up last year to make sure the same amount of money was rolling in. There are some months that there are 10,000+ empty seats, the equivalent of 3 full nights empty.

The last and first leg wasn’t bad it was the middle leg 7-16 which was bad.