The story behind 'My Only Wish'

jonloch1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a 2005 article about B In The Mix Billboard briefly mentioned that she had begun recording a Christmas album in 2000 that was later scrapped, they mention that someone there had heard several of the demos and that they were pretty good stating that releasing those might have been a better idea to tide fans over than the remix album. 

So I's assuming that My Only Wish comes from those sessions and when Jive scrapped the album they decided to include MOWTY on a compilation and use it as the promo track for it because Britney is such a huge name! 

On 12/9/2018 at 7:27 PM, JanetSpears said:

It was record for a Xmas EP

It was scrapped... tracks were record , but Oops was becoming 1 of the biggest selling albums and the label wanted to push the album more, so MOW was placed on platinum Christmas to be released in Nov

Stronger was just released and doing great on the Hot 100... in Nov and by Dec it was already #11 ... there was no need to push a Christmas single ...

In 2001 the label was gettingready for her next album Britney ... You can't push Slave 4U something hot and **** and release a cute girlie Christmas song...

MOW is a Britney only song, artist request to cover it, like Mariah, Glee, Jessica Simpson..

And so on but all get denied because it's a signature Britney song now, and will stay that way thanks to Sony 

I doubt Mariah wants to cover it :tiffeyeroll:

Archived