How is it gonna sound the name 'Britney Spears' and 'Taylor Swift' in 50 years?

How do you think it's gonna sound like the name Britney Spears or Taylor Swift in the future? And I mean like 50 years from now. Do you think it's gonna be just a nostalgic name that only some selected and specific generations will remember or they will hold something bigger and more lasting for the next generations? How do you imagine it? Discuss.

1a857684bf251d549505f936036f9fe5.jpg

• Love 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Super Mods

Britney will be remembered as a legend but also a tragic public figure kinda like how Marilyn Monroe is viewed.

Taylor will probably be remembered as an icon of her time but it takes more than sales to be a legend and I don’t see her becoming one.

Britney is a living legend and one of the greatest pop stars of all time no one will be close to her Taylor is just another basic , mediocre and greedy ***** who write stupid and silly music about her ex boyfriends and act like a high school girl sorry not sorry  :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Edited by Britney is my god
3 hours ago, Britney is my god said:

Britney is a living legend and one of the greatest pop stars of all time no one will be close to her Taylor is just another basic , mediocre and greedy ***** who write stupid and silly music about her ex boyfriends and act like a high school girl sorry not sorry  :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

How embarrassing for you my god how old are you bahahaha how trashy to use that language for a women

oh right yeah cos Britney doesn’t sing about ex boyfriends oh ok yeah forgot soz 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Gewakefie said:

Both will be iconic no need to compare

To be honest I didn’t have the intention to compare both of them of to be like oh one will be remembered and other won’t. Actually, I think that in 200 years Britney’s name won’t barely be mentioned. But that’s not her privilege. I believe fame doesn’t last forever you know. Of course she will be remembered but not how she is now. And it’s okay. All’s temporary… But there’s a part of what Britney has done in culture pop that will be remembered even in 100 or 200 years I think. It’s hard to preview it.

• Love 1

People fail to realize that Taylor fought for artists rights ..

Tayler will be remembered for advocating for artists to get paid more from streaming services, rerecording her songs to own her masters and the craze around the eras tour. 

Britney will be remembered as a Marilyn Monroe type that shaved her head, whose family locked her in a Conservatorship and the free Britney movement.

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Love 1

50 years from now on? Both will be forgotten. People don’t become as famous as Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor anymore. Britney is busy tarnishing and destroying any legacy she might have left, and Taylor simply lacks star quality and besides sales, she has nothing else to offer. Sure, they had an impact on pop culture and so forth, but not to a degree that merits discussion so many years from now.

Britney’s impact is global, she’ll be remembered as the princess of pop everywhere. She has songs that are timeless classics : baby one more time, oops, toxic, gimme more, womanizer.. etc Songs that people have been listening for decades and will still be listening for decades.

Taylor is huge in the US, UK, Australia, her numbers are crazy and she’s very powerful but her music in my opinion has not marked people or the history of pop like Britney’s did.

• Love 1

britney is a true icon. Not like nowadays how they throw around the word. she is like judy garlands dorothy, marilyn monroe, elvis. Her iconic images will be last a very long time. proud to have witnessed her heroes journey. she is a living legend and her extreme ups and downs have been displayed in front of the world is so unique. She is a survivor and we’re luck to have lived the same time as she. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block