Get Your Coins Out! Britney’s 'Domination' Ticket Sales Are Reportedly Struggling

britneyausfan

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

The excuses are coming out now. 

Vegas is different but they keep hyping she is the new Queen of Vegas so the fact there are that many tickets left shows something. 

The good thing about it is I hope this new theater is smart. The venue normally is the one to promote. So some good stuff might come from it but then I remember Britney is involved. Hopefully the contract writes good promo in it. 

Literally Vegas is all she has. I’ve been saying this forever since they have killed her career so much....old legacy will only carry you so far. :endit:if it flops it almost is over. They should have delivered good eras to get new fans. 

the incorrectness of that statement. lmfao

She sold out POM tour in a matter of days that they have to add more dates.

Vegas is not all she has. It's what she chose.

Fans that are like oh she's so irrelevant now, her career is over now, etc, she's relying on past legacy etc etc

What on earth are you talking about?

Britney Spears is not Jessica Simpsons, she is not Fergie, she is not Avril Lavigne, she is not Gwen Stefani etc she does not fade away. Just like how Madonna doesn't fade away.

She has been an A+ list celebrity since day 1, and she's still A+ list now.
She earns just the same amount as before if not more compared to her prime years with a gigantic empire of wealth.

Her target audience is no longer teenagers, and numbers on charts are simply not that interesting nor bring in any real money. "Being out there doing promo" is not important to Britney, not to managers, not to any of her core fanbase who are now mid 20s - mid 30s and have jobs and families. Her fans are not that obsessed with her as when they are teenagers, it's normal!

So when you are talking about "relevancy" it actually means being cool with the young teenagers nowadays, who are no longer her main target audience.

Look at HOW many artists still reference, idolize and praise Britney

Her career status is way past words like "Irrelevance". Do you think MJ is irrelevant, Madonna is irrelevant, Beyonce is irrelevant? 

Our girl literally makes it to historical books with the amount of iconic things she's done.

Look at how many artists doing Vegas residencies now, Britney literally pioneered that format and showed them how it's done. Not Celine Dion, Not Elton John.

2018 and our girl's decision to move to Vegas results in millions of dollars being invested in Vegas right now. Still impact the music industry in a big way.

As for being lazy, I don't think she is tbh. In 20 years, she almost released 10 albums. That means 1 album every 2 years. A very active and busy musical career I would say. She did not sit in a chair and waste half of a decade judging people on some lame TV show. 

Sure she can appeal to younger fans with a refreshed group of people that knows how to run a musical career in 2018, but I think Britney already earns enough and does not care about fame that much to be quite concerned.

Get some perspective, we are stanning for someone that will be written in history, and be grateful that she continues to work cuz she could have just retired and sit at home or become a TV talk show host or something. :bedtime:

Image result for that i all gif

2 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

the incorrectness of that statement. lmfao

She sold out POM tour in a matter of days that they have to add more dates.

Vegas is not all she has. It's what she chose.

I didn’t say Pom didn’t sell out. Idk what you are even talking about. 

I’m saying Pom did well that the fact Domination isn’t selling well is telling. 

Yes, Vegas all she has now. That is her only selling point is that Pom did well. 

1 hour ago, Via Infinito said:

Fans that are like oh she's so irrelevant now, her career is over now, etc, she's relying on past legacy etc etc

Britney Spears is not Jessica Simpsons, she is not Fergie, she is not Avril Lavigne, she is not Gwen Stefani etc she does not fade away. Just like how Madonna doesn't fade away.

She earns just the same amount as before if not more compared to her prime years with a gigantic empire of wealth.

Her target audience is no longer teenagers, and numbers on charts are simply not that interesting nor bring in any real money. "Being out there doing promo" is not important to Britney, not to managers, not to any of her core fanbase who are now mid 20s - mid 30s and have jobs and families. Her fans are not that obsessed with her as when they are teenagers, it's normal!

So when you are talking about "relevancy" it actually means being cool with the young teenagers nowadays, who are no longer her main target audience.

Her career status is way past words like "Irrelevance". Do you think MJ is irrelevant, Madonna is irrelevant, Beyonce is irrelevant? 

Our girl literally makes it to historical books with the amount of iconic things she's done.

Look at how many artists doing Vegas residencies now, Britney literally pioneered that format and showed them how it's done. Not Celine Dion, Not Elton John.

2018 and our girl's decision to move to Vegas results in millions of dollars being invested in Vegas right now. Still impact the music industry in a big way.

As for being lazy, I don't think she is tbh. In 20 years, she almost released 10 albums. That means 1 album every 2 years. A very active and busy musical career I would say. She did not sit in a chair and waste half of a decade judging people on some lame TV show. 

Sure she can appeal to younger fans with a refreshed group of people that knows how to run a musical career in 2018, but I think Britney already earns enough and does not care about fame that much to be quite concerned.

Get some perspective, we are stanning for someone that will be written in history, and be grateful that she continues to work cuz she could have just retired and sit at home or become a TV talk show host or something. :bedtime:

No one said Britney won’t be remembered. She has a legacy. Prime Britney will be remembered. 

Current Britney can very well fade away. It’s what she wants so why even get mad about it. 

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it also has to do a lot with the date. 2013's opening night was near New Year's Eve. 

For more than Jordan and all the Exhalers kept talking about Valentine's day as the ultimate date, I don't really see anything especial about it, like I never think of "ooh, Valentine's day, let's go to see a show in Vegas to celebrate"  :idkney:

But yeah, POM had an actual announcement, as messy as it was, there were tons of interviews, there was a single, and album coming out, a documentary, she traveled to Europe, she did many things that didn't happen this time around, so I don't think it's gonna sell out until a few days later, if ever.

Exactly. Same goes with glory: despite what people said and The underrated promo singles, there was a lot of promotion.

3 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

I guess I am a teen fan myself :yesokay:

but yes, I completely agree with what you said!! Britney’s been doing great things in the past  few years even tho fans say she is irrelevant now.

Had they taken a two year break and produced an entirely new show, this wouldn't have happened. Theyre expecting the same people who went to POM and the POM tour to come again and watch almost the exact same show. Its a lot to ask.  We want something new and they didn't even give us that during awards and festivals, it was still the same show. 

The thing is for POM it was mostly fan sales and the fact that tickets arent sold out yet simply shows that fans arent interested in this. Simple as that. Pom was such a mess what did you/her team expect lol. Her name alone can't sell this. Once you paid +2000$ for a show and the show is the main reason you came to Vegas but it was just ok and worse when M&Gs were terrible, you obviously wont pay for this again.

She became a simple Vegas attraction now, and her tickets will only sell thanks to tourists already there and ignore she's not primeney anymore. Or people that are drunk and want some fun and dgaf about her and her show. And that's sad.

6 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

The excuses are coming out now. 

Vegas is different but they keep hyping she is the new Queen of Vegas so the fact there are that many tickets left shows something. 

The good thing about it is I hope this new theater is smart. The venue normally is the one to promote. So some good stuff might come from it but then I remember Britney is involved. Hopefully the contract writes good promo in it. 

Literally Vegas is all she has. I’ve been saying this forever since they have killed her career so much....old legacy will only carry you so far. :endit:if it flops it almost is over. They should have delivered good eras to get new fans. 

It will probably sell a lot more/sell out when as opening date approaches but this is a second residency in less than two years. 

But How is this surprising???

Even Celine Dion took a a 4 year break between residencies. First ended in 2007 and the second started in 2011.  She went on one tour from 2008-2009, but that is still two full years before the start of her second residency.

It's obvious her team is trying to maximize as much money they can get out of her until they can't anymore.  Her team is great at making money but are totally unethical people.

I do believe she genuinely wants to make 'real music' for her fans but she can only do that once she is independent from her managers/management/label/conservatorship.  She can never and will never do that under the current circumstances.

6 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

But POM did sell out three months in advance...

She is doing a second residency in less than two years.  Like I said, even Celine Dion took a four year break between residencies and the second one started at least two years after a tour she did.

There is really no reason for it to be as successful as POM starting this quickly.  I do think her shows will sell fine eventually, as the dates get closer and let's face it- the show starts over three months from now people are talking about this because they're bored right now and there isn't a lot to talk about.

But she is starting this so soon after her last.

52 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

It will probably sell a lot more/sell out when as opening date approaches but this is a second residency in less than two years. 

Even Celine Dion took a a 4 year break between residencies. First ended in 2007 and the second started in 2011.  She went on one tour from 2008-2009, but that is still two full years before the start of her second residency.

It's obvious her team is trying to maximize as much money they can get out of her until they can't anymore.  Her team is great at making money but are totally unethical people.

I do believe she genuinely wants to make 'real music' for her fans but she can only do that once she is independent from her managers/management/label/conservatorship.  She can never and will never do that under the current circumstances.

She is doing a second residency in less than two years.  Like I said, even Celine Dion took a four year break between residencies and the second one started at least two years after a tour she did.

There is really no reason for it to be as successful as POM starting this quickly.  I do think her shows will sell fine eventually, as the dates get closer and let's face it- the show starts over three months from now people are talking about this because they're bored right now and there isn't a lot to talk about.

Also Celine changed ger entire show every once and awhile. Recorded new music and promoted it with its own different tours in between breaks. Only thing Celine didn't do was music videos but she was never famous for her videos anyway . Britney has no excuse really. 

53 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I’m aware it will sell more closer to the date and I believe I mentioned it in a different comment. I’m more stating the excuses are coming out like always. 

Some ppl are delusional and thought it would slay effortlessly. Which her team thinks the same but ppl are getting fed up so I don’t think it will actually do nearly as good as Pom. 

6 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

Shots fired

52 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Shots fired

Celine Dion changed Vegas. Not Britney. Celine was at the height of her career, with My Will Go On, when she took a break but also planned her return in the form of a residency. She was the first AList singer to set up shop in Vegas. Not Britney. What Britney did was prove that Celine success wasn't a fluke and that Vegas was a great place for other Alist singers. But it was still Celine that did it

16 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Celine Dion changed Vegas. Not Britney. Celine was at the height of her career, with My Will Go On, when she took a break but also planned her return in the form of a residency. She was the first AList singer to set up shop in Vegas. Not Britney. What Britney did was prove that Celine success wasn't a fluke and that Vegas was a great place for other Alist singers. But it was still Celine that did it

Celine did pave the way for Britney

Britney brought youth to Vegas

Archived