Get Your Coins Out! Britney’s 'Domination' Ticket Sales Are Reportedly Struggling

britneyausfan

1 hour ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Tickets for POM went on sale Sept 20th and by Sept 25th 70K were sold out of the 73.6K tickets available for the first 16 shows. It is underwhelming comparing it with her own previous residency (and even more when it has the same amount of time that POM had between the day the tickets went on sale and the first POM show).

In case you need receipts because I can actually back up my words: https://m.tmz.com/#!2013/09/25/britney-spears-ticket-sales-las-vegas-planet-hollywood/

Pretty impressive but the show will be fine

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a big deal, it’s her second residency and it’s 3 months away.  

Also, the hype/announcement was lame.  I’m a long time/huge fan and I’ve seen her on every tour and went to Vegas in 2014 and even I decided to wait and see what she’s planning on selling this time around. If it isn’t really new, I’m not buying.  I think Vegas is a very smart move for her, but I’m not as excited as I was when POM was announced.  I’m pro-Vegas because I understand the business but I also realize that it may be to my benefit to sit this one out....she’s made it easy to do so.

2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Fact is, no self-respecting Britney fan is going to go opening night, because if they've been a fan long enough (or are the type to at least do some research first), its well known that the opening night is still basically a dress rehearsal for her, and it won't be that great compared to later dates. I suspect a lot of people are opting for later dates when Britney's warmed up to whatever new routine they have, if it is new.

But hey. Maybe her fans have learned how to actually make her team listen. :tifflmao: I doubt it, though. Feels like its still way too early to call.

Lol it’s funny you say that because I feel like a lot of the online Britney “friends” I’ve made have tickets to opening night. 

Thats why I was on the fence. I wanted to join them but like you said I know it’s going to be a dress rehearsal.

1 hour ago, BRING THE NOISE said:

who cares lol, she doesn´t give a **** about performing anymore - give me just GOOD music and a proper music video

That's not true though. I saw her live 2 months ago and she was fantastic. Thought it was going to suck so I didn't buy tickets, got gifted a couple and It blew me away. She was so happy and clearly loved/loves performing. I'm sure some peoples nights weren't as good as mine but the fact is she obviously enjoys it.It's just coming from a different place as she's already explained to us years ago. ''It's not about 'is this hard enough?' ''

I’m some ways I really want her and Team B to learn their lesson and come up from that. But I think it would be a kill to her career to really fail like that In front of everybody. It would be embarrassing because I’m sure there’s a lot invested in her putting on a show that won’t draw in people and fans. Britney would never leave her house again. She might want to never be seen publicly again. 

I dont know. I really want to see the show at some point. But I’ve already seen B live 2 times in the last 3 years. Not even counting what it cost to travel and stay. I can’t afford that. 

1 hour ago, naturalplayboy said:

Lol it’s funny you say that because I feel like a lot of the online Britney “friends” I’ve made have tickets to opening night. 

Thats why I was on the fence. I wanted to join them but like you said I know it’s going to be a dress rehearsal.

f4160ccb2b1c5f7b54258ff0235ad7d4.gif

See, I know a lot of people who refuse to go on opening night for that reason. But that's fair. 

5 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

We are on the last day of October, the show starts in February. Vegas residencies are not like a tour, this was already spoken on back in 2013.

The show will be fine

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Cappy is right. A Vegas residency show isn’t going to sell out 3 months in advance, especially one that was announced less than 2 weeks ago. It’ll probably sellout as we approach the date of the show.

Everyone wants it to fail so she stops doing Vegas residencies...but then demand more promo when it appears to be underperforming because they want it to be sold out?  Britney fan logic.

it’s early and it’s her second residency.  They will eventually hype it up some more, but the show itself is still in the planning stages.

16 minutes ago, maquisl said:

They basically announced a POM 3.0 without a new single or album, the announcement was lame and they haven't posted anything new so... I'm not surprised

Most of you guys didn't want a rushed album like Bendita Juana before the new residency's announcement and that's exactly what they're doing. They already launched Domination without a new album, so that means the album won't be rushed right? Team B's doing what fans want :jj:

The excuses are coming out now. 

Vegas is different but they keep hyping she is the new Queen of Vegas so the fact there are that many tickets left shows something. 

The good thing about it is I hope this new theater is smart. The venue normally is the one to promote. So some good stuff might come from it but then I remember Britney is involved. Hopefully the contract writes good promo in it. 

Literally Vegas is all she has. I’ve been saying this forever since they have killed her career so much....old legacy will only carry you so far. :endit:if it flops it almost is over. They should have delivered good eras to get new fans. 

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Cappy is right. A Vegas residency show isn’t going to sell out 3 months in advance, especially one that was announced less than 2 weeks ago. It’ll probably sellout as we approach the date of the show.

But POM did sell out three months in advance...

Archived