I just got Prerogative (review)

BOBIBCFBG

10 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Thanks for the comprehensive review, I LOVE PS but my main complaint was the staying power (which is frankly an issue with all Britney fragrances, IMO) and the coffee scent (which I love) being too understated. Sounds like they fixed both these issues for Prerogative, and it’s like a PS 2.0. I’m excited to try it, is it in stores everywhere now?

But I have to agree, the tilted bottle already drives me crazy just from the pictures alone. :selenerz:

I bought mine at Walmart. I took a special trip to find it and the one closest to me didn't have it so I went to another where they had the 1 oz and the body spray!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Goku said:

no hunny. my problem is when people identifying a certain smell like "femme" when it's not true. Just use the perfume you want. :endit:

You should choose a perfume based on your taste and not on what the society assemblies with manly / femme :yeaok:

transgender-identity-titanic.png

1 minute ago, jonloch1 said:

How come the UK doesn't get it til September?? 

Can I just ask for people who have tried it?? how unisex is it/how suitable is it for guys??

read my review lol it gives my honest opinion about that regarding scents that are typically associated with each gender

1 minute ago, Goku said:

oh ok then :hiii:

I think it's just a commercial trap to get more money from her fans, thanks for the review btw :mj:

Just to clarify guys: You can buy everything you want, just do not wait for them to yell "it's for boys, it's unisex"

Get that **** if it smells good. **** the stereotype. That's it :mj:

That's what I said in my review lol you just have to be prepared for most people to think it does smell like a woman's scent but I think anyone should rock whatever the **** they want

5 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

That's really homophobic, judgmental, small minded, and disrespectful of you. You clearly didn't even read the review.

Well, speaking as a gay man, I barely think that constitutes as homophobia.

It also may be worth pointing out that you are currently on a forum full of weirdos who are dangerously obsessed with what a woman they’ve never met looked like in 2003 and what cosmetic procedures she may or may not have had in the intervening years. There’s plenty of “judgmental, small minded disrespect” in this place, but it ain’t coming from me sweetie.

But whatever - you do you. If slapping the word “unisex” on a bottle of perfume makes you feel less embarrassed to buy it, I guess the marketing company have done exactly what they set out to achieve. ($$)

51 minutes ago, NiceSpears said:

Well QUEEEN of being a Britney ”fan”(ehm...??) and having meltdowns over everything she does and especially fragrance related stuff but coming with an 8 page review of her latest launch of the perfume empire. LOL!! 

You’re a funny rat, that’s for sure aight!

d552f7ead13bfb66ef7f59ff4a6cb39e.gif

6 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

Well, speaking as a gay man, I barely think that constitutes as homophobia.

It also may be worth pointing out that you are currently on a forum full of weirdos who are dangerously obsessed with what a woman they’ve never met looked like in 2003 and what cosmetic procedures she may or may not have had in the intervening years. There’s plenty of “judgmental, small minded disrespect” in this place, but it ain’t coming from me sweetie.

But whatever - you do you. If slapping the word “unisex” on a bottle of perfume makes you feel less embarrassed to buy it, I guess the marketing company have done exactly what they set out to achieve. ($$)

britneygayboys.gif

11 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I now have every Britney fragrance except Sunset Fantasy (which I have smelled) or the re-releases. Yesterday I got Prerogative and here's my review.

o.55570.jpg

INTRO:
I have to admit, when I first heard the name Prerogative and saw the box I didn't like either. After realizing that it's a unisex fragrance, the name makes total sense. The description is all about no labels, judgements, or defining yourself. That makes sense to me for a unisex fragrance. Some people commented about the random type placement - I'm okay with it. It's not the most creative or attractive logo but it's fine - it kind of reminds me of a charm bracelet where the letters are the charms.

The box has also grown on me. However, I don't think they should have used pink for a unisex fragrance. It does look very girly. Purple would have been a better choice. Again, the box is nothing amazing or creative but it's just fine, especially for a unisex fragrance other than the pink.

BOTTLE:
Yes, the bottle looks a lot like Fantasy. But I think the color, shape, and materials are very attractive for both genders. First off, the bottle is completely black in person. It looks purple in a lot of photos but it's not. I love the hard plastic on the sides - it adds masculinity to it and it goes with the dominatrix theme of the ad videos she filmed. It's kind of a **** bottle. I also like that the name is on the front of the glass. However, I don't really love the way it sits on a tilt. It might be some mild OCD but I would prefer it to stand upright lol.

JUICE:
Okay so it all comes down to the actual fragrance. Before I actually smelled it, I read reviews that it smells like cotton candy, that it's too sweet, that it's too girly, and that it smells like Private Show. I have to agree with all of that. When I first sprayed it, the top notes definitely smelled like cotton candy at first which is very sweet and is more associated with a women's fragrance than a man's. I'm a firm believer that you should wear whatever you want no matter which gender you are or which gender a fragrance was for intended for, but there are certain smells that are associated with each gender and Prerogative definitely smells more feminine than masculine.

However, it does smell good! When it settled a bit, it definitely smelled like Private Show which smells like coffee mixed with Fantasy. Fantasy is a great scent and it obviously sells so it's safe, but I don't know why the keep making Britney fragrances that smell so similar to it, especially when they're not Fantasy flankers. The Fantasy Remixes, Rocker Femme Fantasy, Fantasy Intimate Edition, Private Show, and Prerogative all smell very close.

Anyway, after Prerogative dried, like 6 hours after I put it on, it smelled more like just the coffee notes which smelled more unisex. But I had to wait a while. With that said, it did last a really long time! I even worked out and could still smell it! I would say this is best for fall because of the coffee or winter because it's a sweeter, heavy scent. It could be day or night but would be really fun to wear at night for a fun night out or a date, again just like Fantasy.

OVERALL:
Overall, it does smell good but it's too similiar to Private Show to be too exciting. However, it does smell more like coffee than Private Show so I think it's better. But it doesn't really smell like a unisex fragrance. She has other fragrances that could pass as a unisex fragrance more than Prerogative. In fact, I recently smelled Sunset Fantasy for the first time and that could pass as unisex more than this one. Here's my list from favorite to least favorite of her fragrance line:

Circus Fantasy
In Control
Fantasy Intimate Edition
Prerogative
Private Show
Island Fantasy
Hidden Fantasy
Rocker Femme Fantasy
Fantasy - The Naughty Remix
Fantasy - The Nice Remix
Fantasy
Curious
Sunset Fantasy
Believe
Cosmic Radiance
Radiance
Maui Fantasy
VIP Private Show
Midnight Fantasy
Fantasy In Bloom

The fragrances that I think could pass for unisex, in order, are:

Believe (this is the only one that doesn't smell girly at all)
Island Fantasy
Maui Fantasy
Circus Fantasy
Sunset Fantasy
Hidden Fantasy

Amazing review! Thank you! Still can't wait to buy this and try it out. :)

I bought it today at Walmart, but it wasn't the actual perfume, but the fragrance mist or however it's called

It does smell a little like Private Show (I also have it, although I don't wear it) but I think it's closer to Intimate Collection (I bought it as my Vegas souvenir :P). Ok, so here it comes the weird thing, maybe it's my lack of words, but I feel like Prerogative it's like an opaque version of Intimate :gimmemoar: For some reason I imagine Intimate Collection like a bright color

well, not bright like, vivid, but something like this:

28466_857.jpg?fit=inside%7C1024:1024

and Prerogative is more like this:

8b475d.png

and it's not because of the box or the color of the juice, actually I hadn't noticed Prerogative was pink, I just saw the black label until I checked just now, and it's exactly the color I imagined

It does smell like coffee after a while. I don't find it particularly girly nor manly. It just smells like food, which I'm not particularly fond of. Like, those bodywash gels or shampoo that smell like cream or coconut or stuff like that, make me wanna throw up because I just can't connect something you're using to clean yourself up with the smell of food. My sister had this conditioner or I don't know what was it that left the bathroom smelling like hot milk :ugh: it was hideous.

I think I could try to wear Prerogative for a day, but these days the weather has been so painfully hot, I keep sweating all day so I don't know if it's gonna be worth it. I think it's more suitable for winter.

Bottom line, I don't think people is gonna think I smell girly, they're gonna think that I dropped my coffee on my shirt or that I just went to Starbucks. And as a final comment, I don't think Prerogative really reflects the smell of the perfume, nor the visuals we got for the ads. I would've expected something with a stronger fragrance, a little bit more of alcohol. I mean, I wasn't actually expecting that since I had read some reviews already, but that was my first thought when it was first revealed

8 hours ago, Goku said:

no hunny. my problem is when people identifying a certain smell like "femme" when it's not true. Just use the perfume you want. :endit:

You should choose a perfume based on your taste and not on what the society assemblies with manly / femme :yeaok:

You totally missed I point “hunny”. Based one how society has labeled most candy/sweet fragrances for women is why I used the word “femme”. I’m not saying wearing it or not is right or wrong, it’s just a descriptive style I was referring to. AKA my style is not toward wearing women’s perfume because I don’t personally relate to those sweet smells, which is why if you label something unisex it should be something completely different.

Archived