I just got Prerogative (review)

BOBIBCFBG

I strongly disagree about Believe not being girly at all. 

Believe is WAY too sweet  and is truly girly.

Also the bottle is just ugly and most of all: lazy and easy.

They have NOT put ANY effort in design neither for the bottle nor the bow. It's a total rip off of Fantasy and the box looks like it was made by one of her sons. It overall feels like they wanted a quick paycheck with minimum of effort being used.

Private Show was at least original and has a classy looking bottle.

Both the box and bottle scores a 2/10.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I strongly disagree about Believe not being girly at all. 

Believe is WAY too sweet  and is truly girly.

Also the bottle is just ugly and most of all: lazy and easy.

They have NOT put ANY effort in design neither for the bottle nor the bow. It's a total rip off of Fantasy and the box looks like it was made by one of her sons. It overall feels like they wanted a quick paycheck with minimum of effort being used.

Private Show was at least original and has a classy looking bottle.

Both the box and bottle scores a 2/10.

We will have to 100% agree to disagree lol Believe to me and my friends smells more like a cologne than a perfume. You can really smell the patchouli and musk which are typically associated with a men's scent vs. a woman's scent. Also, I LOVE the bottle! It's a square so I don't see how it's a rip off of Fantasy when that's a circle haha. And Private Show smells very close to Fantasy so I don't think it's original at all and the bottle is kind of tacky. But to each their own.

I agree with everything u said after having 4 scented wristbands slapped on my wrist at piece of me. I don’t think it’s masculine at all and actually one of her most feminism if I’m being honest. The only ones I think pass as unisex are the ones u listed, especially believe and island 

3 hours ago, Fab britney said:

I agree with everything u said after having 4 scented wristbands slapped on my wrist at piece of me. I don’t think it’s masculine at all and actually one of her most feminism if I’m being honest. The only ones I think pass as unisex are the ones u listed, especially believe and island 

do you have pics of the wristband? thats such a cool idea im surprised they spent the money to do it :ipass:

23 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

So it’s basically not wearable for a guy? Like by the end of the day is when it gets into the unisex part?

Not true at all. I wear it daily and it mixes really well for me. Coffee and earthy/woodsy. Y’all have to understand that all cologne and perfume smells and mixes differently depending on your own skin. The same fragrance can smell different person to person. I love Prerogative and the only other britney fragrance I have ever worn confidently is Believe. 

9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

So it’s basically not wearable for a guy? Like by the end of the day is when it gets into the unisex part?

8 hours ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

Not true at all. I wear it daily and it mixes really well for me. Coffee and earthy/woodsy. Y’all have to understand that all cologne and perfume smells and mixes differently depending on your own skin. The same fragrance can smell different person to person. I love Prerogative and the only other britney fragrance I have ever worn confidently is Believe. 

This is true. For me, and every other review I've seen about Prerogative, it smells more girly than masculine. I never smelled anything earthy or woodsy about it, even when it wasn't on my skin. And none of other reviews I've read mentioned that. The notes are not earthy or woodsy so... Try it at your will but the answer is that it smells more girly than masc. Sorry =(

It bothers me so much that people are attaching specific genders to this scent - especially since it’s on the sweeter side but definitely not a perfume. I can see guys wearing this, especially in the winter. It’s not just a one-note fragrance that stays the same throughout the day. 

5 hours ago, CrackthatWhip said:

It bothers me so much that people are attaching specific genders to this scent - especially since it’s on the sweeter side but definitely not a perfume. I can see guys wearing this, especially in the winter. It’s not just a one-note fragrance that stays the same throughout the day. 

Why does it bother you? It's the society we live in that associates certain notes with specific genders. Nobody on Breathe Heavy made that up... If you read my review, I said that different notes are more prevalent at different points after initially spraying. However, it's true that it smells like Private Show which has notes that our society typically associate with women. Of course any gender can wear anything - a man can wear a dress. But if he wears one around people, he will probably get stares. That's the honest truth, no matter how ridiculous that is. So, if a man wears a scent that's associated with feminine notes, he should be prepared for most people to think he smells like a woman. You would just have to be confident and ignore it.

It sounds good, shame about it not smelling as masculine as a unisex fragrance should be, but I'm a girl so I'm not too fussed, I love sweet smelling stuff! I might get one seeing as it's a new Britney fragrance as I stopped buying all of the new Fantasy ones lol.

Archived