Why did her appearance change between 2007-2008?

brinty.spreas

On 11/13/2017 at 12:40 AM, Derrickr411 said:

The most noticeable thing to me is her teeth, her teeth thinned ... she’s always had very thick teeth now they look thin ... i hate to say it but **** does that and there were reports of that but ... for sure some types of meds make you grind your teeth and it looks like that has changed her smile some 

I think she had them thinned too. They looked somewhat normal at the 2016 BBMAs, but at the VMAs later that year, they already looked different. That with a combination of more fillers will obviously make its mark.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, thanos18 said:

when 04ney possessed vegasney.she looked like a barbie here.so good with the right make up

And yes, MAKEUP. People really really underestimate the power of makeup. Look at Britney's red carpet appearances from The X Factor era and tell me again how CVS-brand mascara and foundation are good alternatives to MAC.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JKW said:

Completely different people? Arent you overreacting a little bit honey? :anxiety:

I think in 2001-2004 during her prime, she was fresh/youg/fit as hell. In 2008 She already got two kids, divorced, a breakdown. And of course, she gained weight in 2008 and lost the weights in only 4 months. All those things can change your face i guess.

No, I honestly think she looked like a different person in 2008. I don't necessarily mean physically, either. She's lost the "edge" in her eyes.

britney-spears-bronx-02.jpg

vs.

46bf544d2f9e8220372794828feda12d--britne

I don't know...But I can identify a 2008 photo in a heartbeat just by looking at her face. There's something very distinctive about her face during that time period.

2007 she was with sam lutfi, he probably secretly dosed her on a tonne of heavy medication. she was also ALWAYS miserable due to being traumatised by the paparazzi & the media itself really.

2008 she was obviously a lot more happier & healthier, had professional hair & makeup wherever she was to be seen. and behaved in a totally different way. so i really do praise her for being able to get back up on her feet & carrying on with her 'normal' life. 

this should really be a positive thread, she looks beautiful in both... but better in 2008. we shouldn't be comparing 'the old britney face', back to back, year by year. because in the end, the only thing that really changed was her personality & her mannerisms. :sendinglove:

I have honestly wondered this for years. I can never put my finger on exactly when it changed, but it always seemed 2007ney had flatter, fuller cheeks, and a wider, less defined nose. By late 2008, her head and face appeared much smaller and narrower. And don't even get me started on the Bambi and GMA body..... It baffles me how she did THAT.

1 minute ago, briteen said:

And don't even get me started on the Bambi and GMA body..... It baffles me how she did THAT.

Right? :o

When I saw her getting an award from Lagarfeld I thought she stopped eating knowing how difficult he is whenever a woman has one and a half pound more than what he deems ''beautiful'', but looking back the whole Circus promo months she was uncharacteristically ( I know I just butchered that word, I'm a bit tipsy) thin! Also,as for the nose, when you get a nose job your skin will be swollen anywhere from 6 to 18 months and even years after it can swell a lot a lot if you exercise too much, cry a lot, etc, but except for her weight I don't really see big differences facially between 2007-2008, except her eyes maybe? Still gorgeous though!

• 3 years later...

I know what you mean, I feel like since 2008 and the circus era it's a completely different person. I feel like it's mostly her eyebrows - they seem lower than before. And her eyes seem different too. But I can't really put my finger on it either and even tho I usually laugh at conspiracy theories, this case made me wonder. 🤔 She just really seems like another person and I feel like even her mannerism is different.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:40 PM, CharlieBlue8 said:

They purposely cleaned up her image to conservative girl next door.  Her hair and makeup and clothing were constantly professionally done.  

I wouldn't say conservative girl next door lol. She was naked in the Womanizer video and played a mom that held a *** party in IUSA.

But they did glam her up. The Circus era was built to make Britney look on top again and remind you how awesome she is. They wanted the public to forget about her trashy 03-07 years.

1 hour ago, Mikeira said:

I know what you mean, I feel like since 2008 and the circus era it's a completely different person. I feel like it's mostly her eyebrows - they seem lower than before. And her eyes seem different too. But I can't really put my finger on it either and even tho I usually laugh at conspiracy theories, this case made me wonder. 🤔 She just really seems like another person and I feel like even her mannerism is different.

After her hospitalizations I'm sure that she was put onto medications which can often times alter a person in a big way. 

• 4 months later...

i really think people underestimate how much chronic stress, smoking, and sun damage impact aging. britney aged a bit from 2006 - 2008, obviously due to stress mostly, and again from 2009 - 2011 which would make sense because she had a rumored breakdown in 2010. i think a lot of britney stans struggle with seeing her get older because her brand and image was built on her being young (and she was much younger than when most pop stars make their debut). BOMT's school concept, OIDA "i'm not that innocent," IAS4U "all you people look at me like i'm a little girl", etc. she is almost 40 and had experienced so much hardship that of course it would take its toll on her. comparing even her 21 year old self to her 27 year old self really makes no sense, either. in that time her brain finished developing, she had 2 kids less than a year apart, (extremely difficult on the body), had a breakdown, 2 hospitalizations, and a comeback. 

The image and camera quality in every aspect of media changed during that time. All technology was upgraded (pretty astoundingly.) more detail and more lighting in pics, also age but realize that technology went from basic digital to dslr tech quickly.. at the hands of citizens . Easily accessible.. also if you look at these new “remastered” videos of Britney .. you can see every flaw, every mark, every line. And that’s an edit on an old video... tech has grown exponentially in the past decade... so yea 90’s pap and media shots will look so different compared to 2006/7 shots and so on. More detail, more tech... etc.. 

Archived