Thoughts on Lynne Spears?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I don't have an issue with Lynne. She dedicated her life to helping Britney become a star. Wasn't she a teacher and would take off and go with Britney to auditions in New York and such? That probably wasn't easy financially but she did it and with other kids at home.

And I totally get her staying with their dad. Women do it everyday. U have three small kids by this man, you all are poor in a small town, it probably seemed best to just stick it out until she couldn't anymore. Alcoholism is a horrible disease. I don't think he's a bum for battling that either. Doesn't make either of them a bad person. Parents arent perfect. They do what they think they have to at the time.

And I never read her book but I always took it as a way to clear the air during a time when ppl wanted to know what the hell was wrong with Britney. Like oh I'll put out this book and maybe ppl will see Britney as we see her. It's obvious that Britney is a bit naive and acts like a child sometimes. So if the book implies those things, that's not a diss to Britney and shouldn't have been shocking to anyone. Ppl who meet her even say that. It just didn't work that well and she ended up looking like she was selling her daughters story. But I don't believe that was the intent.

U can tell bad celeb parents. Look at Lindsay's parents. They are the worst and it's obvious. Lynn didnt party with Britney, didn't kiss her *** to be her friend, didn't get her ***** easily, etc. I think britney's biggest issue is maybe her parents were strict and she always wanted freedom but she was a danger to herself for awhile and wouldn't even be alive without them. Maybe without them hovering, she would have continued to self destruct. Who knows? As far as I'm concerned, I don't hate Lynne or Jamie. 

This. 100 % how I feel. Yeah, she was a teacher and constantly put her own career and home life aside to help Brit. She admitted it was a way to distract herself from the troubles of her marriage and I think that's why so many people assume she's a typical stage mom. I don't necessarily think that was a super healthy way to handle it but I couldn't agree with you more--if you're broke, afraid, have 3 kids and don't know how/want to be alone, it's so much easier to stay. My parents have a destrucive marriage...my dad is verbally abusive and while he's not an alcoholic, he did have several affairs when I was a kid. My mom chose to stick it out because she didn't want to uproot me and to this day, they're still together. I can't say I  necessarily think it's a great thing, and I definitely sometimes suffer as a married adult myself with the things I witnessed as a kid, but in retrospect, I understand why she did what she did. I don't know if I would do the same, but I get it. 

Lynne is the total opposite of a Dina Lohan and I truly do credit her and Jamie with saving Britney's life. I think they're all finally in a really good, healthy place now, as far as I can tell. I believe Jamie turning his life around is a major reason for that. 

In the end, I really do think her book was with the intent to cast Brit in a better light and finally be the one to clear the air.  I don't think I really would have gone into the amount of detail as she occasionally did but who am I to judge? I like both of Brit's parents. I live in a really small southern town myself so I feel like they'd be the kind of neighbors I'd hang out with :yeahhh: they remind me of my own family tbh :hahaha:

2 hours ago, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

Yeah, I'm sure she did and I usually defend Lynne on the stage mom end too. I just think the details on her meds and certain things related to the breakdown were a little much. I'd be humiliated if I were Jamie too, lol

Like you said though, I'm sure Brit approved it. I remember Lynne saying the whole reason she wrote the book was to set the record straight and make sure the tabloids weren't getting it all wrong, which I can kinda understand. I guess it's just a waaaaay different world than what I'm used to!  :plzexplain:

for sure - it would've been nice if Britney herself had wrote the book.

I'll be forever waiting for it 

I never read the book, and I've also never forgotten what Johnny Wright said about her parents working for her, because he was absolutely right about the relationship changing and shifting when you go into a work environment with your parents. I know that from experience. Other than that, I don't give it that deep of thought because it borders on being far too personal and none of our damn business for me. :)

yea i have her book and it definitely was an interesting read, with great insight on how britney grew up (from lynne's perspective). i get that she tried her best as a mother (every mother does) but the fact that she introduced sam lutfi to britney made me feel some type of way. i don't think lynne and jamie saved britney's life, i think she did that on her own (with a lot of help). 

• Super Mods

I never had a problem with Lynne and always thought she was sweet but after reading the book. It just show how selfish she was and not wanting to take responsibility. She used Britney to escape from her troubled marriage. She even said that she always dreamed of being in the spotlight but was always to chicken to act on it and that's always the first thing you notice about stage moms. Obviously she's not like those horrible pageant moms but let's not pretend that she only did Britney's bidding and that it was Britney who wanted all this. I'm sure Britney was only thinking of cheering up her mom and it seem entertaining was the only way. Also I didn't like that she basically abandon Britney who needed her the most, she regrets that and to watch Britney get devoured by the sharks...I give her that. The book just left a sour taste in my mouth and I returned it three days after finishing the book. Horrible writing, so many exclamation points, it was like she's a valley girl sitting down chatting while doing her nails.

• 10 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 10:59 AM, DoSomething954 said:

I don't have an issue with Lynne. She dedicated her life to helping Britney become a star. Wasn't she a teacher and would take off and go with Britney to auditions in New York and such? That probably wasn't easy financially but she did it and with other kids at home.

. Lynn didnt party with Britney, didn't kiss her *** to be her friend, didn't get her ***** easily, etc. I think britney's biggest issue is maybe her parents were strict and she always wanted freedom but she was a danger to herself for awhile and wouldn't even be alive without them. Maybe without them hovering, she would have continued to self destruct. Who knows? As far as I'm concerned, I don't hate Lynne 

Is this a f**king joke?  You don't have a problem with all the lying that went into making Britney a star? 

All the lying that brought all the intense scrutiny?

You don't have a problem with Britney being a cash cow 2000-present?  Which is all because of Lynne Spears?

It's  one thing for Britney to become a star in 1999 only.  But all the lying that went into her career and the cash cow she became is entirely because of Lynne Spears.

And what did this prolific stage mother do next?  Try to make her other daughter a star too.

On 8/22/2017 at 6:48 PM, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

I've always wondered what the rest of the fan base thought of Mama Spears. She seems like a super sweet, likable person and I think she has a big heart, but after reading her book, I definitely wondered about some things. She openly named a variety of meds Britney was taking in '07 (such a Risperdol, an anti-psychotic) and definitely laid a lot of their family issues bare, such as Jamie's alcoholism and Britney's unhealthy relationship with him, went into great detail about how delusional Brit was during the breakdown ("She spoke with the level of understanding of a little girl") and expressed her unhappiness over Jamie Lynn getting pregnant at 16. I know that a lot of that was playing out in public anyway, it just went into a lot more detail than I would have expected.

Also, I remember her getting a lot of flack during Brit's breakdown because she was meeting with Sam Lufti who offered her a job to sell jewelry on TV at the time. She even talked about this in "Through The Storm." A lot of people thought that was in poor taste and made her look hungry for attention when she should be focusing on helping her daughter.

I have no doubt she's a loving mother and cares about her kids, and like I said, she does seem like a genuinely good person, I just know I would personally be really upset if my mom put all that out there and wrote a memoir before I even did, haha. Plus, in the book, she openly talks about how awful Jamie was and how she "fell out of love with him" and how "our divorce was the best thing to happen to my family" and not long after, they got back together. Awkward. :tiffcackle:

Thoughts? Did anyone else read the book and if so, did you like it?

Just to clear things up: As far as I remember she met with Sam long before he got himself into Britneys life and took control? He used Lynne and that offer to get closer to Britney but Lynne understood something about him wasn’t right.

Also, she opened up about A LOT in the book because of all the horrible rumors and the insane stalking of the family. Lynne wanted to set the record straight and tell HER story and truth. 

I only have respect for her and I think she seems like a lovely person! So sweet to see her with Britney, remember the happiness when she became a regular by Britney’s side again after the breakdown.

I love britney's mother, i think she represents a well being and a very strong woman in the 90's

• Lynne never let her personal problems become britney's personal problems.
  • she supported her childs no matter what to make them big, to see them doing good, for a better future, for a better life. 

if that is not being a great mother in all senses, then idk what it is.

she's a strong woman and britney learned great things from her,

i remember britney being praised for spending time with kevin on preston and jaiden football games, leting outside the ex avoid game for thebest of their childs. her mother did the same for them. 

they had their issues, yes. 
but i think Lynne deserves respect from britney fans,because she raised humble kids, specially britney who was always nice to everyone.

and she wasnt the fame hungry mom, she never wanted to be a star alone. she managed a great mother image for britney. when she had to do some stuff for her.

I think jamie was a nightmare and i don't forgive men who treats woman in a bad way. 
i don't understand WHY jamie had the custody of britney and not Lynne. (meninism in this country?)

1 hour ago, LionHeart said:

I love britney's mother, i think she represents a well being and a very strong woman in the 90's

• Lynne never let her personal problems become britney's personal problems.
  • she supported her childs no matter what to make them big, to see them doing good, for a better future, for a better life. 

if that is not being a great mother in all senses, then idk what it is.

she's a strong woman and britney learned great things from her,

i remember britney being praised for spending time with kevin on preston and jaiden football games, leting outside the ex avoid game for thebest of their childs. her mother did the same for them. 

they had their issues, yes. 
but i think Lynne deserves respect from britney fans,because she raised humble kids, specially britney who was always nice to everyone.

and she wasnt the fame hungry mom, she never wanted to be a star alone. she managed a great mother image for britney. when she had to do some stuff for her.

I think jamie was a nightmare and i don't forgive men who treats woman in a bad way. 
i don't understand WHY jamie had the custody of britney and not Lynne. (meninism in this country?)

I love Lynne to, but really, she is naive, and she knows that, and that is why it's Jamie, her father wh stepped in. So Lynne could be with JL and Maddie, and Jamie could be with Britney.

Archived