Beyonce, Janet and others' choreos were not as hard as primeney's

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I wasn't going to. You forgot Whitney Houston too. In fact, she as an African American woman got better numbers US numbers than Madonna in her first two albums and they were out during the same time. If Whitney kept it up, she would be the one who is the best selling female artist of all time.

Maybe internationally, there was too much comparison to her brother. I don't live in other countries so I would not know but I can not imagine her appeal being less than anyone. She has so many hardcore fans but it just did not rake in the numbers.

I was thinking that too. If Whitney never stopped, she would be the best selling female artist of all time. Such a talent, love her music so much :tifftear:

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I honestly have no clue. You can't pull the race card because MJ had huge numbers. I guess it's just the lack of global appeal?

I think it was because there's already another Jackson sitting at the pop throne. To compete with your brother who was known as a multi talented  global megastar is hard. But I think Janet did outshine Michael a little or at least at the same level during Janet era. She  already reached the Icon status during All For You era with groundbreaking achievements and sorts. It went downhill fast after the wardrobe malfunction fiasco. I think the media was waiting for that especially since she's a Jackson. That was unfortunate.

Janet's choreography is much more intricate and harder. Sorry to say, Janet is already 51 and still dancing as hard as possible. She's not relying on flight attendants choreography.

Archived