Beyonce, Janet and others' choreos were not as hard as primeney's

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, britisthecolor said:

ı didn't apologize to him, because like you said, he is full of **** and attacked me and others for no reason and then tried to make it seem like we attacked him.what an *******:gross:but yeah fucknfurter publicly apologized but edge of deluding myself into thinking that ı'm clockin' you didn't .

kidddss don't messsss with himmmm thoooo :tiffcackle: yet hes too pu$$y to admit he was in the wrong :tiffcackle:

26 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

This is all very true. Plus I see that button even offered to watch a vid to confirm, and-- what, are y'all gonna cackle over the witch's cauldron while tearing down the video?  I think that's the fear here. I don't think button would do that, I think he'd just confirm whether it was true or not. :yaknow:

:hugs: That's completely fair, sis.

oh yeah no way i'm giving his video to anyone. no one will watch it other than I. but if he's still not ok with this solution then what can i do? at least i tried to help him out :yaknow:

2 minutes ago, Jose1992 said:

Who cares, who was the best dancer back then, both were great, they can not be compare, because even when britney certainly got inspired by Janet, their moves and dances styles were very different. So chill out:shameless:

Yeah...both styles are completely different but somehow members assure Britney copy Janet completely. and I still think Britney moves were more intricate. Janet moves were easy to make, maybe she had 1000 dance moves on each choreo but all of them were easy to make. the matm choreo is harder than any of her choreos

4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Great post.

Just look at this performance from her Rhythm Nation Tour from 1998.  This requires much more footwork and stamina than any of Britney's performances/tours from 1998-2004.  And to top it off, she's clearly singing LIVE.

I do defend Britney in some instances (Composing 'Everytime') but where Janet Jackson is concerned is not one of them.  She and her team didn't even give Janet enough credit (They've barely even met) for someone who's entire performing style during her prime years was lifted from Janet Jackson concerts.

Fast forward a little. The footwork in So Excited and All Nite. Correct me if I'm wrong but she was around 35 years then.

16 minutes ago, Jay83 said:

Fast forward a little. The footwork in So Excited and All Nite. Correct me if I'm wrong but she was around 35 years then.

Sorry, there's a reason why I pointed Janet's age during these performances. She already passed her prime years during these performances but still going strong and hard with her dance and choreography. Unfortunately Britney's prime years lasted for a short time and before she hit 30.

On 12/08/2017 at 4:23 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Not to mention Britney's choreo was directly inspired by Janet Jackson. What is the OP smoking? :wyd:

On 12/08/2017 at 4:20 PM, Pedro Dantas said:

Janet's choreo was much harder than Primeney's. :tiffcackle: Call me when Britney does something as hard as Rhythm Nation. :whitney:

Ikr? 

Britney may have had some difficult choreo, but Janet's choreo was more ya know :yaknow:

21 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

Has Pharrell  himself confirmed this?  This has been said for years but without a concrete source.  I highly doubt this track was ever intended for Janet, because this was tailored specifically for Britney ("All you people look at me like I'm a little girl").  Plus a black woman singing about being a "Slave"?  Nah, not even back in '01 would this have been okay. 

You do know lyrics can be added / removed depending on the artist right?

6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You do know lyrics can be added / removed depending on the artist right?

Chill.  All I asked was for confirmation.  What you said goes without saying but most pop songs aren't changed once given to other artists.  Some examples? Mary J. Blige sang a song that was rejected by TLC ("Sunny Dayz") with lyrics clearly alluding to "Waterfalls."  Ariana Grande sang a hook for a song that was clearly Katy Perry on the track originally  ("Get on Your Knees").  

"I'm a Slave 4 U" drew comparisons to Janet, but I highly doubt this song was ever intended for her.  

Janet definitely influenced Britney's performing style, but Britney was able to distinguish herself from Janet as a dancer -- her style was a bit more ********/slutty (I mean that in a good way) and allowed Britney to leave her own mark on the dance world. I personally know tons of dancers who were inspired by Britney when they were younger.

It's sad because Britney was actually getting to be a really great dancer around the Britney and ITZ eras and could have eventually gotten to Janet's level (Janet also improved from her teens to her twenties) -- the difference being that Janet continued to improve through her 20's and even 30's, whereas Britney got injured twice and lost the ease/passion by the age of 25.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, Oops... I did it again said:

I downvoted you. Don't even TRY to come for Janet OR Beyonce. I hate beyonce with passion but no, just no. Britney's moves were NEVER THAT complicated. I can't believe THIS is what this fanbase is resorting to, to make britney look better. Sit down. You're lucky me and other members didn't report you. 

You are saying that Beyonce is better dancer then primeney? WTF man?

She is better now, but better then primeney? 

Go check your eyes.

11 hours ago, woabritney said:

Janet definitely influenced Britney's performing style, but Britney was able to distinguish herself from Janet as a dancer -- her style was a bit more ********/slutty (I mean that in a good way) and allowed Britney to leave her own mark on the dance world. I personally know tons of dancers who were inspired by Britney when they were younger.

It's sad because Britney was actually getting to be a really great dancer around the Britney and ITZ eras and could have eventually gotten to Janet's level (Janet also improved from her teens to her twenties) -- the difference being that Janet continued to improve through her 20's and even 30's, whereas Britney got injured twice and lost the ease/passion by the age of 25.

I disagree with some of this.  Janet pretty much did it all with the choreography +*** appeal; especially starting with the Janet era from 1993-1995.  Britney simply wore less clothes than Janet.

But I definitely agree with you that Britney herself inspired tons of dancers/entertainers.  In fact, one of the Glee producers said she inspired many of those cast-members to become entertainers.

In my opinion, examining the whole career of both, Janet wins...her choreographies have always been in the same kind of level, executed with the same kind of passion and energy, very beautiful to see, and very intricate

Britney started as a very good dancer, but not as good as Janet, but by the time of Britney and In The Zone eras I would say that Britney was reaching Janet's level, and I believe if she continued to practice and if she maintained her level of passion she would be better than her...the closer that I saw Britney from Janet was in the MATM choreography (the original one, not the one on tour)...but that was just a glimpse, because it lasted very little...

What I think that differentiates both is that Janet is a very technical, her choreographies are very intricate, she has a lot of pop and lock stuff that requires a great control of the body so that you can do the isolations (not sure if it's how you say in english)  perfectly without looking all over the place...I can see a lot of Michael Jackson in her...and she has a lot of pauses that require to have a great control of your body and of the choreography as well...most people, when they need to do a pause between moves go automatically to the mode *insert move here* or *count here*, so that they don't miss the count of the next step...Janet did them effortlessly

Britney was a more "out there" dancer...what I mean by that is, even though her steps or choreographies were easier, she did them with a level of spectacle that made it look harder than it really was...a good example is the Overprotected dance break (the remix)...it's amazing to see, fast paced, great energy, but the moves are quite simple...the counts are not that hard either...but those expansive moves, along with her theatrical persona made it look out of this world...the splits and other gymnastic stuff that she is capable of doing are a great adding, but we can't talk about technical stuff here, it's all about flexibility (that you can gain in a month of training)...by saying this I don't want to discredit Britney cause what she did not everyone can do it like her

And I think that the main difference is here...what Janet does not everyone can do it, what Britney did not everyone could do it LIKE HER...

Overall I prefer Britney because a performer is not just about the technique it's about the "light" that they have...and, in my opinion, Britney had it, while Janet not so much, even though I consider Janet the better dancer

Archived