Beyonce, Janet and others' choreos were not as hard as primeney's

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Anyone notice how Fetusney had really great stuff though? She gets overlooked by 2001 a lot.

I've definitely noticed that. I low key think we pay dust to fetusney, the first dance break on the BOMT tour was fire, as were the BBMA, EMA, and Grammy performances. And what about the super overlooked 99 VMA? 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

giphy.gif

@Mr. Lucky your gif is flawless :tiffcackle:

It already established itself as THE gif. Yassss, I still remember pressed ******* saying it wouldn't reach legendary Exhell status. :tiffcackle:

giphy.gif

Embrace Britney's breathtaking current showmanship, y'all! She'll dethrone them copycat pop bitchesss in no time yaassss it's coming!:whitney:

19 hours ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

Agree with every single word. I, as a dancer since I was 6, find Britney's choreos WAY harder to execute than Janet's, like it's a no brainer. I was executing Janet's dances by the age of 9, her choreographies are some of the first that we learned (I'm referring to some random video some random member posted somewhere in this thread).

That video is fire, if Janet ever did something anything as good and hard as that, then she's a beast, but I highly doubt that. I have to agree with Rolling Stones' readers, in my opinion, PrimeNey was a better dancer than Janet. If people disagree then cool, we can't agree on everything, jeez... Aren't we all still agreeing both are good?

I mean, if we're to be fair, some people on this site themselves have said that they found most of Britney's simple to do.  So it goes both ways.

One thing Britney has never done is a skilled medley like this during a routine.  Never.  Because she never had the stamina.  I think an 8 minute long medley like this is more impressive than a three minute choreographed routine. 

I've watched the Janet videos you've posted and yes she is a great dancer but most of her choreos consist of strong arm movements. it's dance, pause, dance, pause run a bit, dance pause and keeps going like that through the whole performance. Britney used her whole body to dance and her dance moves were more intricate. she's also more pleasent to watch to. Britney had better and more complex choreo and you will deal :lemmetellu:

this song was meant for Janet but thankfully they gave it to Britney  :lemmetellu:

Well as someone who does do choreography dance routines on occasions, I find Janet's choreography more harder than Britney's. Probably the hardest ones from Janet are All Nite & Rhythm Nation. I managed to learn the Scream dance breakdown and VMA routine a few years ago and am proud of being to pull that one off, but that one was also very difficult to pull off without looking sloppy. Britney's hardest choreography is probably MATM as it's very fast paced and requires a lot of stamina. Overprotected remix's dance looked hard but once you get the 8 counts down and timing right with the music then it becomes easy.

Tina Landon (Janet's former choreographer) even explains how hard the Rhythm Nation dance is.

5 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I've watched the Janet videos you've posted and yes she is a great dancer but most of her choreos consist of strong arm movements. it's dance, pause, dance, pause run a bit, dance pause and keeps going like that through the whole performance. Britney used her whole body to dance and her dance moves were more intricate. she's also more pleasent to watch to. Britney had better and more complex choreo and you will deal :lemmetellu:

this song was meant for Janet but thankfully they gave it to Britney  :lemmetellu:

Has Pharrell  himself confirmed this?  This has been said for years but without a concrete source.  I highly doubt this track was ever intended for Janet, because this was tailored specifically for Britney ("All you people look at me like I'm a little girl").  Plus a black woman singing about being a "Slave"?  Nah, not even back in '01 would this have been okay. 

40 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I mean, if we're to be fair, some people on this site themselves have said that they found most of Britney's simple to do.  So it goes both ways.

One thing Britney has never done is a skilled medley like this during a routine.  Never.  Because she never had the stamina.  I think an 8 minute long medley like this is more impressive than a three minute choreographed routine. 

This is so good. :otears:

Every pop music fan needs to watch her Velvet Rope Tour, it's impressive on so many levels.  :bop:

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
2 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I respect your opinion. And regarding the how hard people find the dances, I only care about dancers' opinion although I respect everyone's.

On 8/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, Spearsfan said:

Yeah but she barely can dance anymore and the others can decades into their careers :outwithit:

I mean primeney was great but it was short lived. 

Truth. Her best dancing lasted 5 years. The others are still killing it now while she remains rhythmless

And OP, Janet did dance better than primeney. She inspired Britney. What an insult. Lol 

Archived