Super Bowl tweets "Who Do You want to see at SB 2018?"

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Chico101 said:

OMG I DON'T EVEN  NEED TO READ THIS THREAD TO KNOW THE GROUP YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

They gonna come for me for posting this but I don't care. I got all them on IGNORE.

:rihclap:

I got tired of those morons, I put all them in my ignore list.:mattafact:So thanks god I can not see their post or their mentions, they can **** off.

4 hours ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

You really think people are gonna be making fun of her that bad even if she gives a bad performance? People don't care about these things anymore, it's one of the reasons we don't have iconic performances anymore because people spend like two weeks on something and then forget it even happen.

With the opinion people have of her now, her failing at the superbowl will be the final nail in the coffin. I don't doubt her ability, i doubt her dedication, she doesn't care enough to put on a good performance at her own shows never mind the superbowl

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, the VMA's aren't as big, but the news about her disastrous performance did reach a lot of countries back in the day. And it wasn't the end of the world or her career.

If she did the Super Bowl now, because I can't say what's gonna happen after the residency, when she stops performing regularly, I think there's a huge probability that she delivers something at least as decent as the BBMA 2016. She might half-*** her POM show, but she kinda steps up when she knows it's gonna be televised, like the BBMA 2015 with Pretty Girls. With the production of the SB we might at least have better visuals and outfits than the Vegas show, and she surely would look good on pictures, at least.

Let's say she performs, she lipsyncs for her life of course, she does some knee tapping, and wears the ugliest leotard. So what? People are gonna talk about her for a few days, and then they're gonna forget. Even if she does an amazing performance and we see the reborn of Primeney, they're also gonna stop talking about it after a week. What are ya'll so afraid of? That your friends that know you like Britney Spears see she's not as awesome as you want them to believe?

This is the Super Bowl, but before there were people that used to think the same when it came to the VMA's, they kept saying she wasn't ready, and it had to be a super iconic performance and I don't know what else, and she performed last year, and nothing happened, it wasn't that great, but it wasn't bad, it was ok. It's the same for this, just this time she's gonna have more viewers, but people that has always criticized her will criticize her no matter what, and people that love her will love any performance.

As Britton said I think, this could be either the reborn of Primeney with the exposure she deserves, or it could get some backlash that would work as a wake up call for her, or she would finally retire because of the "embarrassment" as most of you have been wishing since a few years ago, so I think she really needs this, we need this, but it ain't happening in this life for what I see.

It doesn't matter whether they stop talking about after two days or two minutes people will still remember her performances from her prime and compare it to what she does now and its a definite that they will compare to previous halftime shows such as beyonce & Gaga. what she does now compared to back then is embarassing and for a wide audience to see that will ruin what reputation she has left. It's like if BJ sold 1 million first week and she was trashed by every reviewer possible, her rep would be ruined. I'm not saying she SHOULDN'T EVER  perform what i'm saying is she shouldn't perform unless she's willing to give 110% something she doesn't even do with her own shows

2 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

With the opinion people have of her now, her failing at the superbowl will be the final nail in the coffin. I don't doubt her ability, i doubt her dedication, she doesn't care enough to put on a good performance at her own shows never mind the superbowl 

It's not even about the performance. She can give us a performance worst than Mariah, sure people would make fun of her for like two weeks but then they will forget about it. Who knows maybe if she does bad and people make fun of her, she will improve and want to prove people wrong. I really don't think she has anything to lose by doing the SB but you have your opinion and I have mine.

11 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

It's not even about the performance. She can give us a performance worst than Mariah, sure people would make fun of her for like two weeks but then they will forget about it. Who knows maybe if she does bad and people make fun of her, she will improve and want to prove people wrong. I really don't think she has anything to lose by doing the SB but you have your opinion and I have mine.

people still remember Britney shaving her head and using an umbrella to hit a car and u think a disastrous Superbowl performance in front of 100M+ Americans would be forgotten in 2 weeks? it would go down in the history books and frequently referenced as one of the worst performances of all time. get real :tiffcackle:

5 minutes ago, button said:

people still remember Britney shaving her head and using an umbrella to hit a car. and u think a disastrous Superbowl performance would be forgotten? it would go down in the history books and frequently reference as one of the worst performances of all time. get real :tiffcackle:

Yes because that was ten years ago when literally everyone was talking about her and whatever we like it or not an iconic moment in pop culture. Name one disastrous moment in the last five years that has stuck to people's minds. :outwithit: 

5 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Yes because that was ten years ago when literally everyone was talking about her and whatever we like it or not an iconic moment in pop culture. Name one disastrous moment in the last five years that has stuck to people's minds. :outwithit:

There has been no disastrous Superbowl performance in the last 5 years. they all did a good/decent job. and things do get stuck in people's mind like Miley's twerking at 2013 VMA and Katy's left shark.

Even though she's in Vegas and gets little exposure nowadays, people still complain about her lipsyncing and poor performance skills, call her talentless ect. whenever they are reminded of her. :tiffcackle:

now imagine if she exposed herself to 100M+ Americans and something happened on stage. the memes and lashings that would unfold :tiffcackle:

2 minutes ago, button said:

There has been no disastrous Superbowl performance in the last 5 years. they all did a good/decent job. and things do get stuck in people's mind like Miley's twerking at 2013 VMA and Katy's left shark.

Even though she's in Vegas and gets little exposure nowadays, people still complain about her lipsyncing and poor performance skills, call her talentless ect. whenever they are reminded of her. :tiffcackle:

now imagine if she exposed herself to 100M+ Americans and something happened on stage. the memes and lashings that would unfold :tiffcackle:

Again you have your opinion and I have mine but I really don't think she has anything to lose. She sure is a better performer than Katy Perry so I don't think her performance will be that frowned upon.:whitney:

3 minutes ago, button said:

But no one will remember her embarassing herself to the world :tiffcackle:

Just now, Britneyfan1334 said:

Again you have your opinion and I have mine but I really don't think she has anything to lose. She sure is a better performer than Katy Perry so I don't think her performance will be that frowned upon.:whitney:

She has her reputation to lose, possibly fans, any respect the gp had left for her i could go on :whitney:

25 minutes ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

if she ***** up at the Superbowl it will be too little too late for that. She will never get the opportunity to perform in front of 100M+ people again to prove herself. :whitney:

I mean......we know it won't be Britney so why post this? Lol. Plus I don't know how Gaga was even added to the discussion it just makes people argue over nothing. The legend, flop and relevance excuses aren't gonna change the fact that Britney won't be doing it. I don't see why Exhale won't accept this :mattafact:

5 hours ago, Shadow. said:

It doesn't matter whether they stop talking about after two days or two minutes people will still remember her performances from her prime and compare it to what she does now and its a definite that they will compare to previous halftime shows such as beyonce & Gaga. what she does now compared to back then is embarassing and for a wide audience to see that will ruin what reputation she has left. It's like if BJ sold 1 million first week and she was trashed by every reviewer possible, her rep would be ruined. I'm not saying she SHOULDN'T EVER  perform what i'm saying is she shouldn't perform unless she's willing to give 110% something she doesn't even do with her own shows

I try to get your point, because I think that's how I felt back in 2007 when I knew she was set to perform. I didn't want her to go there and embarrass herself, and I didn't want her to release any music video, or do anything at all related to her career, because it was the only thing she got left in the middle of all of her troubles. I wanted her to extend the pause on her career instead of "ruining her legacy". And then it happened. And it was horrible, but next year everything was "fine".

People will always remember the 2007 performance, and I think nothing will ever top that, nothing will be as bad or shocking as to erase that from their memories. As danny said or button or I don't know who, I can't find the post in the ipad lol a disastrous performance might give them a new reason to talk about her for the next years, but I truly believe she can't have a disastrous performance nowadays. I mean, the worst thing that has happened to her recently was the incident with the mask, and that's the closest thing to a disastrous performance I can think of, and we can be sure she learned the lesson. But no knee tapping or hair touching or lipsyncing or anything of what we can criticize from POM could top the VMA's 2007, where she looked under the influence of something, her outfit was awful, the hair,  her look was lost, she was stumbling. THAT was really something to be ashamed of.

The only thing we can be sure they'll criticize, if it ever happened, is the lipsyncing, but that's a story that's old af and she won't feel any embarrassment at this point of her career. 

Plus something I don't know if it's been discussed, it's her songs. We really should give her catalogue of hits more credit. I'm sure if she performed BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic, TTWE, Slave, even GM or POM, everyone would love it and the little details would lose attention. It would be hit, after hit, after hit and perhaps they would realize once and for all why she became so famous in the first place, listening to all of her biggest hits together. Katy, Gaga, Beyonce might have put decent shows, but if you asked a random person, could they name at least a couple of the songs that they performed without looking for the video? I can't lol especially the second appearance by Beyoncé. Britney can be very hated, but everyone knows more than one of her songs. Of course if she decided to perform Touch of My Hand and Freakshow and Alien, it wouldn't help her at all, but all the opposite, but if she did the right setlist she would have a huge part of the performance already won from the beginning, independently of the choreo or her look.

Archived