Super Bowl tweets "Who Do You want to see at SB 2018?"

9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I try to get your point, because I think that's how I felt back in 2007 when I knew she was set to perform. I didn't want her to go there and embarrass herself, and I didn't want her to release any music video, or do anything at all related to her career, because it was the only thing she got left in the middle of all of her troubles. I wanted her to extend the pause on her career instead of "ruining her legacy". And then it happened. And it was horrible, but next year everything was "fine".

People will always remember the 2007 performance, and I think nothing will ever top that, nothing will be as bad or shocking as to erase that from their memories. As danny said or button or I don't know who, I can't find the post in the ipad lol a disastrous performance might give them a new reason to talk about her for the next years, but I truly believe she can't have a disastrous performance nowadays. I mean, the worst thing that has happened to her recently was the incident with the mask, and that's the closest thing to a disastrous performance I can think of, and we can be sure she learned the lesson. But no knee tapping or hair touching or lipsyncing or anything of what we can criticize from POM could top the VMA's 2007, where she looked under the influence of something, her outfit was awful, the hair,  her look was lost, she was stumbling. THAT was really something to be ashamed of.

The only thing we can be sure they'll criticize, if it ever happened, is the lipsyncing, but that's a story that's old af and she won't feel any embarrassment at this point of her career. 

Plus something I don't know if it's been discussed, it's her songs. We really should give her catalogue of hits more credit. I'm sure if she performed BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic, TTWE, Slave, even GM or POM, everyone would love it and the little details would lose attention. It would be hit, after hit, after hit and perhaps they would realize once and for all why she became so famous in the first place, listening to all of her biggest hits together. Katy, Gaga, Beyonce might have put decent shows, but if you asked a random person, could they name at least a couple of the songs that they performed without looking for the video? I can't lol especially the second appearance by Beyoncé. Britney can be very hated, but everyone knows more than one of her songs. Of course if she decided to perform Touch of My Hand and Freakshow and Alien, it wouldn't help her at all, but all the opposite, but if she did the right setlist she would have a huge part of the performance already won from the beginning, independently of the choreo or her look.

This. She has NOTHING to lose. Bad publicity nowadays is good publicity. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived