Lady Gaga Soars In Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance: Watch

Jordan Miller

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, really enjoyed this performance.... Well - the first half and Bad Romance that is! :shadelaugh:

Literally the minute Dance In The Dark starting playing when she was floating down I was snatched. Absolutely scalped. That is my favourite Gaga song ever and the fact she played even 5 seconds of the instrumental was enough to have me screaming... HOWEVER, then the rest of The Fame performance happened and I was devastated she didn't include even 30 seconds of Paparazzi #JusticeForPaparazzi.... I was scalped clean again when she performed Telephone, I did not expect that!

Okay now I'm just gonna get to the point. In my opinion this rivals the very best Superbowl Performances or is potentially the best ever in history in the COSTUME department. I loved everything she wore. She looked incredible, way too much hairspray in her hair (did anyone else notice this) she couldn't even do a hair whip without it jarring back into place like a frozen weave... From the leotard at the start through to THAT GOLDEN JACKET in Just Dance HOW MUCH IS THAT WORK OF ART WORTH I WANT TO BUY IT ONE DAY! and finally the crab aesthetic football shoulder pads and glittery embezzled panties in Bad Romance had me snatched once again. Also the backup dancers were dressed very well and looked polished/futuristic, especially those pyramid silver jackets the male dancers were wearing. I can see her evolution of The Fame/Monster Gaga to future Gaga in the costume design. This should have been reflected in the performance inclusive of choreography and entertainment.

But... It wasn't imo. And do you know why? Because Gaga didn't keep up the momentum of her career from 2012 so she wasn't rehearsed in a developed way you could say... Where was Artpop in this performance? It's like it didn't exist. And I REALLY strongly believe she should have left Million Reasons out and sung Speechless or You & I live. However, she couldn't do this because people would call it a throwback performance... So where is this going? This is what Gaga's career is in my opinion and it is required, no necessary, that she hearkens back to, modifies, manipulates and transforms the phantasmagorical Gaga we were introduced to and fell in love with... None of this Country, simplified Gaga act. You are extravagant, fierce and futuristic Gaga and we want her back...

Anyway, I know that got a  little off topic. But back to the Superbowl. Her vocals were wonderful and she should be congratulated for singing or appearing to sing live. I'm 95% sure she sang a majority of the show live and maybe Just Dance had some lip syncing but she's an honest and real artist with no intention of faking it to make it and that is indeed an endearing quality in a white-washed industry.

beyonce who? old Gaga is back for this perfomance and I love it!! I got goosebumps all over me

great connection with the audience and incredible live singing

she's not great dancer but she did fine and her background dancers did their job amazing

my fav halftime show so far  :explainlol:

It was an amazing Gaga performance, but there was nothing really iconic which I will remember for years, you know? I give props to her because you can tell she worked hard, but I don't know, there was nothing really striking. However, it's interesting to see how aware she is of her own career's success, I mean, the only song post-2011 that she did was her current single, and everything, from the costumes to the hair to the choreographies screamed The Fame Monster! Now it's time for her to burry Joanne and go back to classic Gaga if she wants to connect with people again, I get that she's been saying that this is the "real her" and blah blah blah, but honestly, it's hard to believe it when she spent years saying that the weird costumes and makeup were the "real her" and that she was being herself, but yeah, I'm not gonna get into that subject now. Good job Gaga :ahhh:

I can't with the petty fans on here that can't let another artist have success. 

"Her dancing was terrible" "She was out of breath"  

Thats what happens when you're singing live, you have to compromise dancing a little if want good live vocals. While she may have been a little out of breath at spots, in no way did it compromise her LIVE singing (not every artist can do that).  She delivered when it came to vocals. God you guys drag someone if they lip sync and you drag them if they sing completely live. 

"Britney has better performances at POM"

bye if you think the POM performance of If U Seek Amy is better than anything Gaga did tonight

:staysalty::staysalty::staysalty:

1 hour ago, Megan Fox. said:

Even if Britney lip synced over CD vocals she still would've outshined both of them. Because where she lacks in that department, she makes up for with her ability to perform, plus she has an amazing discography. I really don't understand why everyone is praising Gaga, it certainly wasn't a memorable performance, her national anthem on the other hand.....  ***** all over the hot mess that happened last night. 

It was good and ppl love live vocals. That is what everyone is talking about. 

Its important to ppl in 2017

Honestly my only complaint is that she paid ARTPOP dust; I get that 12 mins isn't long enough to perform all her hits ("Paparazzi," "Alejandro," "Edge of Glory," etc), so some fans were always bound to be disappointed with the setlist, but not only was "Applause" #4 on the BBH100, it was also one of her biggest radio hits of all time (not to mention her most recent really big hit). Plus, ARTPOP itself debuted at #1 and was seriously far from the huge flop the media depicted it to be. So, with that said, I'm a bit disappointed "Applause" was left out. Other than that, it was a phenomenal performance.

I am shook. I have not enjoyed Gaga's performance since the fame era and this is a big surprise. Fantastic performance 9 out of 10. The only let down was A Million Reason but hey she got to promote her new album right?:unbelievableney:

Gaga please stick to dance pop genre, you have been missed.:meltdown:

Archived