Lady Gaga Soars In Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance: Watch

Jordan Miller

2 hours ago, Slayde said:

I, for one, really enjoyed this performance.... Well - the first half and Bad Romance that is! :shadelaugh:

Literally the minute Dance In The Dark starting playing when she was floating down I was snatched. Absolutely scalped. That is my favourite Gaga song ever and the fact she played even 5 seconds of the instrumental was enough to have me screaming... HOWEVER, then the rest of The Fame performance happened and I was devastated she didn't include even 30 seconds of Paparazzi #JusticeForPaparazzi.... I was scalped clean again when she performed Telephone, I did not expect that!

Okay now I'm just gonna get to the point. In my opinion this rivals the very best Superbowl Performances or is potentially the best ever in history in the COSTUME department. I loved everything she wore. She looked incredible, way too much hairspray in her hair (did anyone else notice this) she couldn't even do a hair whip without it jarring back into place like a frozen weave... From the leotard at the start through to THAT GOLDEN JACKET in Just Dance HOW MUCH IS THAT WORK OF ART WORTH I WANT TO BUY IT ONE DAY! and finally the crab aesthetic football shoulder pads and glittery embezzled panties in Bad Romance had me snatched once again. Also the backup dancers were dressed very well and looked polished/futuristic, especially those pyramid silver jackets the male dancers were wearing. I can see her evolution of The Fame/Monster Gaga to future Gaga in the costume design. This should have been reflected in the performance inclusive of choreography and entertainment.

But... It wasn't imo. And do you know why? Because Gaga didn't keep up the momentum of her career from 2012 so she wasn't rehearsed in a developed way you could say... Where was Artpop in this performance? It's like it didn't exist. And I REALLY strongly believe she should have left Million Reasons out and sung Speechless or You & I live. However, she couldn't do this because people would call it a throwback performance... So where is this going? This is what Gaga's career is in my opinion and it is required, no necessary, that she hearkens back to, modifies, manipulates and transforms the phantasmagorical Gaga we were introduced to and fell in love with... None of this Country, simplified Gaga act. You are extravagant, fierce and futuristic Gaga and we want her back...

Anyway, I know that got a  little off topic. But back to the Superbowl. Her vocals were wonderful and she should be congratulated for singing or appearing to sing live. I'm 95% sure she sang a majority of the show live and maybe Just Dance had some lip syncing but she's an honest and real artist with no intention of faking it to make it and that is indeed an endearing quality in a white-washed industry.

I love this post! I completely agree there was something off about her energy. It's not that she wasn't energetic but it didn't have the same star power it once did...I'm not sure what's missing. She's still great and perfectly enjoyable but it's not the same.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JessicaExhale said:

I love this post! I completely agree there was something off about her energy. It's not that she wasn't energetic but it didn't have the same star power it once did...I'm not sure what's missing. She's still great and perfectly enjoyable but it's not the same.

I agree with what you're saying too! Honestly, she has it inside her. There were glimpses and flashes of it today but something felt like it was a greatest hits show from her and just the way she was doing it seemed a bit of nothing out of the ordinary to be honest... I hope she realizes what she created in Pop Culture and tries to form some kind of rebirth of Gaga next era. I saw a spark in her at Superbowl I haven't seen for a long time.

First of all, her outfit was a ******* mess right away. Like I know she had straps holding her, but it looked like her costume had a droopy vag or something, like it wasn't good. But even without the straps, it looked like some dated 80's movie design for an alien in a kids' show :weirdmeout: And her second look wasn't that great either, like it was better but it wasn't styled correctly so it looked incredibly tacky. Like ***** has been slaying her looks with Joanne, and when it's her most important event, she just ruined it by some really tacky and awful outfit designs. For the performance itself, I knew it was going to be completely ridiculous the second she jumped off and crawled like a spider, like she looked so stupid :orangu: The rest was fine, a little messy, but fine until she said "wanna have a good time?" and sang her worst song ever, Million Reasons, like ***** no :sassybrit: Telephone looked stupid too, like I think her look alone really made the performance look completely ridiculous. Her singing was shaky, but typical Gaga, and her dancing was really funny to watch, like she did it better on her first 2 tours imo. BR was fine, but I wasn't impressed with it either :forkit: It was just an overhyped mess, like the only political statements were the beginning and BTW maybe, like she just made it seem more grandiose than what it really was :sassybrit:

I loved it!

+her vocals

+including telephone and 10 seconds of paparazzi, dance in the dark and love game!

+some of the choreaography (born this way, telephone)

+the entrance was cool and exciting :plzexplain:

+her passion was phenomenoal

-including million reasons

-got kinda boring at times

-the lackluster performance of the elusive Poker Face

But overall 4/5! Love that famega and crazyga is back!

She did it great. 

Firstly, she performed solo (which is quite brave). Secondly, she didn't make any stupid or explicit mention to Trump; but, she did it through music. Thirdly, the beginning was great. Finally, the show was totally about her

Her dancing was OK (she hasn't been known for being a good dancer). But she was able to pull off an entire live show with lots of dancing and dynamism. It was original, and completely Gaga, which is something I loved. She performed as the pop star she is, as the one who said "god bless pop music", and not as an indie artist she is not.

It was not the best halftime show ever (Madonna's still superior), but the best since Madonna. 

What I did like about her performance  was that there was no feature artists! Just her! The performance as a whole was good. Nothing special, nothing stood out to make me watch again. 

It always surprises me how even in her prime, Britney never headlined a Super Bowl.

The only way I see her doing it today is if she pre-records all the vocals. Records every single song over so that it sounds live.

If she can give us a 12 minute Billboard Music Awards show for the Super Bowl, then I'll be happy. That was my favorite performance of hers in years!

2 hours ago, Slayde said:

I LOVED THIS! It was such a smart way to end a Superbowl performance and I was laughing for like 5 minutes after about how genius it was :giggleney:

I thought it was really clever too, but can you imagine if she had missed and hadn't caught that football!? The very last second of the performance and yet that's all anyone would remember from the biggest performance of her career...Just thinking about it gives me anxiety, I never would've risked it if I were her :selenerz:

12 minutes ago, s0dap0p said:

OMG how???? :lostney:

I'm actually commuting right now and just heard someone from the NFL discussing it on the radio, apparently they filmed her performance on the roof (with the drones and whatnot) ahead of time to ensure nothing would go wrong with inclement weather, sound or otherwise during the live show, but apparently she really did jump down live from the hole in the ceiling as the show started/aired.

Archived