Lady Gaga Soars In Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance: Watch

Jordan Miller

It was good, it just didn't thrill me at all. 

I don't think the roof jump was pre-recorded. I can see why people would think that but someone who was there said they saw the drones being flown in and they opened the roof too. I doubt they'd have the big entrance be pre-recorded, just seems anti-climatic. 

It was a mostly terrible use of the stage, the stage felt like an afterthought whereas to me the stage is as much a part of an SB performance as the singer. 

Wasn't thrilled with the setlist either, no flow between songs and MR was misplaced. I thought it was over after that song then the BR finale was like starting over again. And the ending was weird AF.  Something about Poker Face just fell completely flat and she nearly couldn't do the flip properly. I'm glad she sung Born This Way though.

She looked amazing and her vocals were on point (she wasn't lipping, she had playback as loud as she was singing) but eh, it needed better direction overall and more structure. 

I think live shows like this really reveal how songs are designed primarily for radio and not stadiums these days. So many of today's songs, as much as I like them, sound so dull when performed live. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all... THANK GOD she only did one Joanne song! That could've been one boring half-time show if she would've stuck to her more current stuff. :staysalty:

Overall, I think this was a solid performance. I really enjoyed the opening with her singing on the roof; I thought that was pretty unique and kind of powerful.

I still think it all could've been better, and there were moments where she could've done some things differently to make for a greater impact. Not bad, though, by any means. It just could've been a little better.

I just think it's interesting how she only performed ONE song that was released after 2011. Literally every song, except for "Million Reasons", was released during or before 2011. I think that says a lot for where her career went. She may have given some great performances (The Oscars) and started acting more regularly (AHS), but she hasn't released a hit song since 2011. "Applause" and "DWUW" were okay, but they didn't have even a fraction of the impact that her earlier work had - The whole Artpop era was a mess and a real missed opportunity. It just seems like she hasn't been able to get back on her feet and re-start the momentum from the earlier part of her career. For someone as talented as she is, it's a shame that her career seemed so short-lived. Imagine if she had continued creating music on the level of TFM... she would still be HUGE. She just burned too quickly and too brightly, and she, quite literally, burned out too soon..

The best part of this performance was that it seemed like a throwback to the Monster Ball, when Gaga was on top of the world.

I hope she can get back to that... :sassybrit:

The show was very good. Although she looked bad during it. She couldve pick some better outfits and hair styling. She looked ugly. But her performing skills are amazing and we should give her an applause. Wait? Why it wasn't on the setlist. 

On Superbowl You perform hits, the ones everybody knows, so it was a good move. But I felt like it was The Fame Monster performance somehow. :giggleney:

To be honest I thought the show was mediocre, her dancing was terrible as always and she was out of breath when she was singing. The set list was also a hot mess. I honestly thought it'd be much better than that. There was nothing that made me want to go back and watch it again (unlike most halftime shows). Britney would've actually been a better choice. 

3 minutes ago, Megan Fox. said:

To be honest I thought the show was mediocre, her dancing was terrible as always and she was out of breath when she was singing. The set list was also a hot mess. I honestly thought it'd be much better than that. There was nothing that made me want to go back and watch it again (unlike most halftime shows). Britney would've actually been a better choice. 

IA, i dont see what everyone is praising. She sang two lines of her biggest hit bad romance and didnt even dance that well. I did like her vocals on million reasons though.

If britney pre recorded and sang over the track then she could easily outshine katy and Gagas performances

Just now, Starburst said:

IA, i dont see what everyone is praising. She sang two lines of her biggest hit bad romance and didnt even dance that well. I did like her vocals on million reasons though.

If britney pre recorded and sang over the track then she could easily outshine katy and Gagas performances

Even if Britney lip synced over CD vocals she still would've outshined both of them. Because where she lacks in that department, she makes up for with her ability to perform, plus she has an amazing discography. I really don't understand why everyone is praising Gaga, it certainly wasn't a memorable performance, her national anthem on the other hand.....  ***** all over the hot mess that happened last night. 

Archived