Britney Spears Performs At Jingle Ball In L.A.

Jordan Miller

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Britneyisfire said:

It's just that they dance with different styles. Britney goes with the steps and is a little stiff. That's ok. That's who Britney is now as a dancer. However, when they put her by someone "loose" and flowy like Tinashe it makes her look a bit bad in comparison. Tinashe reminds me of young Britney like 

However, the Britney we have now is still good. it's just that her dancing style has changed. 

Exactly! I agree that Britney might be a bit stiff sometimes but it's just that her dancing style now is more "sharp" and strong rather than flowy and smooth like Tinashe's. When you put two different dancers next to each other of course you're going to notice some differences, but that doesn't mean one is better than the other.

1 minute ago, Silhouette said:

Exactly! I agree that Britney might be a bit stiff sometimes but it's just that her dancing style now is more "sharp" and strong rather than flowy and smooth like Tinashe's. When you put two different dancers next to each other of course you're going to notice some differences, but that doesn't mean one is better than the other.

I think it's mostly because Britney focuses too much on getting it right rather than feeling it or maybe she doesnt like the choreography too much and doesnt want to emphasize the moves. My concern is sometimes her nervousness can be seen in her face and I kinda miss the sassy faces she used to make in the Circus tour. Again maybe she's too concerned about getting the choreo right rather than focusing on her facial exaggerations. Either way she's come a long way.

The set was great overall IMO, here are my pros and cons:

pros:

her AMAZING looks, on stage and on the red carpet where she looked like MMvideoney

the floor choreo for WB

she slayed the Womanizer breakdown as usual

I really like the SP performance

The setlist is good enough, we knew she was gonna recycle POM but now she performed 3 Glory songs and didn't perform Me, Myself & I

cons:

she still doesn't ******* master the DYWCO choreo, she needs to go to rehearsals with her dancers 

the intro, it's been way too overused

still a bit stiff but not more than usual

it wasn't streamed... she needs to do a TV performance

48 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I think it's mostly because Britney focuses too much on getting it right rather than feeling it or maybe she doesnt like the choreography too much and doesnt want to emphasize the moves. My concern is sometimes her nervousness can be seen in her face and I kinda miss the sassy faces she used to make in the Circus tour. Again maybe she's too concerned about getting the choreo right rather than focusing on her facial exaggerations. Either way she's come a long way.

If she practiced much more I think it would get better 

It's soooo obivous that she hadn't rehearsed before the show.  She was confused at certain moments. She's like "Oops, where're the dancers?" "Damn, I was doing the knee-tap for way too long", "Why is Tinasha in front of me, are we supposed to have choreo together right now? What were the steps in the MV, damn, I remember only the POM ones" 

Gotta love her :foh:

4 minutes ago, Rodrigo Nalerio said:

Jesus this is not good. Britney, dancers, SOMEBODY... spend half a day reworking the routine if you know that the staging and props are going to be different. This is awful looking. I wish she had the confidence to grab a handheld mic and sing over the track instead of doing a half baked routine like this.

Everything else I've seen looks good, and I hate being critical like this but how did a room of professionals think this looked ok?

Archived