Has Glory already run out of steam? Can it be saved at this point?

iZacaree

It goes without saying that the "Glory" era was already off to a pretty rocky start because of the whole "Make Me..." mess, and now it seems that the album has already run out of steam. Currently, "Glory" sits at #12 on the BB-200, after falling from its debut of #3, and it has quickly fallen to #51 on U.S. iTunes (as of right now). In addition, "Make Me..." has fallen to #75 on iTunes. Also, HDD is predicting very dismal sales for the coming week (only about 5,400 in pure album sales, 11,300 SPS - which is less than Coldplay's most recent album :crying2:). And with no sign of a 2nd single, it doesn't look like there's much hope left.

Several media outlets are already calling "Glory" a "flop". Here's one: http://www.celebuzz.com/2016-09-13/pop-stars-flop-stars-lady-Gaga-perfect-illusion-sales-britney-spears-glory/  - which will obviously look bad in the eyes of the GP. :wontcry:

So, my question is: Do you think "Glory" will fizzle out into oblivion? Or could the album make a come-back after Britney's iTunes Festival and iHeartRadio performances? And does this make "Glory" a "flop" to you?

Personally, I feel like Britney and her team were really hoping for a successful album this time around, but all of the messes (MM video, VMA's, Today Show, etc.) had a negative impact on the album's sales. Also, after BJ, I think the GP was pretty much done with Britney. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no 2nd single, and I'm honestly surprised that some of you guys are talking about singles #3 and #4 - I just highly doubt that will happen, given the current circumstances.

Overall, I think the album's chances at success (and it's a GREAT album!!) were butchered long before it was released...

:crying1:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Toxic and Everytime saved In The Zone, so yeah.

Yea, but that was at a MUCH different time in Britney's life and career. At that point she was still at the top of her game, and she could pretty much sell based on name alone. Also, there aren't any Toxic or Everytime-level songs on "Glory".

3 minutes ago, WannaComeOver said:

Glory hasn't got any song half as iconic as Toxic and Everytime. So.

1 minute ago, Snesh! said:

Yeah but you can't compare those masterpieces with any other song from Glory sweetie :tiffsmoke:

:excuseu: Can't wait for B10

Change Your Mind, Liar, Slumber Party, Just Luv Me, and the list goes on and on

2 minutes ago, WannaComeOver said:

Glory hasn't got any song half as iconic as Toxic and Everytime. So.

Again. I cannot compete with Toxic. I really doubt that someone saw Everytime iconic in 2004. We have to wait and see. Slave is not iconic for the song itself, the video, the choreo, the performances made it iconic and a fan fav. So let's wait to see what happens.

I think there is a second single. Britney.com polls prove that. But I highly doubt there will be more. Cause the album flops already, and Britney will most probably be done with promo schedule following iHeart and Apple, so there is no sense for them to go for a 3rd single.

Britney Jean also had songs that had single potentials (Tik Tik Boom, Til It's Gone etc), but they didn't go further as the album wasn't doing well.

Just now, iZacaree said:

Yea, but that was at a MUCH different time in Britney's life and career. At that point she was still at the top of her game, and she could pretty much sell based on name alone. Also, there aren't any Toxic or Everytime-level songs on "Glory".

I think Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Do You Wanna Come Over, and Just Luv Me all have the potential of outpeaking both Toxic and Everytime.

Liar and Man On The Moon could even be hits.

It's all about timing, marketing, and what clicks with the GP.

1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

I think Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Do You Wanna Come Over, and Just Luv Me all have the potential of outpeaking both Toxic and Everytime.

Liar and Man On The Moon could even be hits.

It's all about timing, marketing, and what clicks with the GP.

This isn't 2003, though. Britney isn't doing "marketing" anymore. I doubt she will do anymore out-of-Vegas performances after iHeart and iTunes festival. If this was 2003 or 2004, any one of those songs could have been astronomical hits... but not in 2016.

4 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

This isn't 2003, though. Britney isn't doing "marketing" anymore. I doubt she will do anymore out-of-Vegas performances after iHeart and iTunes festival. If this was 2003 or 2004, any one of those songs could have been astronomical hits... but not in 2016.

You act like Britney was a radio darling, a sales darling, an awards darling, etc in 2003.

People have more respect for her NOW than they did back then, which says a lot.

The GP gives Toxic/Everytime props in hindsight.... They weren't praising them when they were initially released.

Archived