Has Glory already run out of steam? Can it be saved at this point?

iZacaree

5 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

Mte. It's like Britney Jean all over again. She had interviews everywhere during the first two weeks (glory had some performance at least), but soon after the album flopped, it's dead silence. Not having a big hope on apple and I heart radio at all. She'll most likely promote POM instead of Glory as per usual.

RIP Glory and RIP single 2.:idkney:

iTunes festival and iHeartRadio are really the only chances Glory has left at even making a SLIGHTLY better impact than what it already has. The GP just isn't interested anymore. The messy promo campaign, the lip-syncing, and the flop music video didn't help either.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, iZacaree said:

iTunes festival and iHeartRadio are really the only chances Glory has left at even making a SLIGHTLY better impact than what it already has. The GP just isn't interested anymore.

She'd be performing Make Me, which is as dead as Xtina career and Do You Wanna Come Over, which is not second single. I really don't think by repeating POM routines (most likely, id assume) would help the album at all.

the only possible ways to resurrect Glory is to

1. Drop make me original video

2. Drop second single with a controversial video. Momney and goofney will definitely not help.

3. Sing 100% live, and it might go viral. 

1 hour ago, -Brit Brit- said:

I think people just lost interest in her new career like she could sing live while doing a cartwheel naked while riding a horse and the gp wouldn't be there for it.:yaknow:

im personally grateful we got glory. Give me a few music videos and a few good performances and I'll be happy 

We just need an instant hit with a good video and we'll be fine. :comingthru:

The GP pretends to not like Britney, but they respond when she releases catchy music. Make Me was just a reintroduction. I think they knew it wasn't going to slay lives and be #1. They wanted a slow-burn single with G-Eazy to coax the new generation in.

You're super negative in this thread lmao. There ARE several hits on Glory. It's all about what songs they choose and timing. :feelingmyself:

1 minute ago, lirebelde said:

Almost every comments that i've read of yours is about how britney is flopping:sofedup: if that's doesn't is negativity......:keshawave:

Hold on to your weave, girl... I'm being real about a negative situation. I never once said she was flopping (unless of course you're referring to my comment about the flop MM music video). I simply opened this up for discussion - the facts are in black and white: this album just isn't selling.

4 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

She'd be performing Make Me, which is as dead as Xtina career and Do You Wanna Come Over, which is not second single. I really don't think by repeating POM routines (most likely, id assume) would help the album at all.

the only possible ways to resurrect Glory is to

1. Drop make me original video

2. Drop second single with a controversial video. Momney and goofney will definitely not help.

3. Sing 100% live, and it might go viral. 

I can only hope she'll sing live, but given the trend of her most recent performances, I doubt it. That would be so embarrassing, imo.

4 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

The GP pretends to not like Britney, but they respond when she releases catchy music. Make Me was just a reintroduction. I think they knew it wasn't going to slay lives and be #1. They wanted a slow-burn single with G-Eazy to coax the new generation in.

You're super negative in this thread lmao. There ARE several hits on Glory. It's all about what songs they choose and timing. :feelingmyself:

That's my whole point, though. If the album doesn't sell, then the record label isn't going to fund additional singles and videos - at least not good videos. Keep in mind that they already blew $2 million on the original Make Me video... so that's not a good sign for future singles.

4 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

That's my whole point, though. If the album doesn't sell, then the record label isn't going to fund additional singles and videos - at least not good videos. Keep in mind that they already blew $2 million on the original Make Me video... so that's not a good sign for future singles.

Britney is in the upper-echelon of pop music. They're not going to abandon the Glory record. There's too many hits on it and she's too big of a star.

9 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Hold on to your weave, girl... I'm being real about a negative situation. I never once said she was flopping (unless of course you're referring to my comment about the flop MM music video). I simply opened this up for discussion - the facts are in black and white: this album just isn't selling.

I can only hope she'll sing live, but given the trend of her most recent performances, I doubt it. That would be so embarrassing, imo.

Your comments always have a negative aspect that borders the tragic and pessimistic about ''britney's  current situation'' that we all know it, we dont live in a bubble, glory is an amazing album i  couldn't care less  if ends  being the biggest flop of all times, I'm a fan of britney not I'm going to spend remarking when much she is failing that's a constant work for haters not her fans, if I want stan to an artist that this number # 1 all the time on the charts, i'm going and stan taylor, adele, beyonce....

1 hour ago, Snesh! said:

Yeah but you can't compare those masterpieces with any other song from Glory sweetie :tiffsmoke:

:excuseu: Can't wait for B10

Can't wait for B10? Log off and delete your account child. Many of the songs in Glory are as good, if not better than the singles that have been released from Circus and Femme Fatale

46 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

The GP pretends to not like Britney, but they respond when she releases catchy music.

The GP loves Britney when her music comes on! Yes, but they hate to admit it.

i didn't think I was being negative lol I agree there are several hits, and people will dance to them and sing along and love them. But at the end of the day, they'll pretend like they hate her once the album is over. I am talking based on her whole career it's always the same pattern in the us every time she releases something  1) OMG new Britney song is a bop 2) she is all autonrd now she can't sing 3) oh she lip synced that performance and she was stiff 4) oh I liked that song a lot (once they're looking back) 

i I guess I am being negative toward GP because they don't appreciate her as much as they should :howiroll:

3 hours ago, colormefresh said:

Toxic and Everytime saved In The Zone, so yeah.

ITZ sold +600k copies in the first week in the USA ( only +100k less than Britney)  Matm didn't peak so good in the USA but it was huge everywhere else. It was #1 in the UK and ww. Britney was everywhere. She was the biggest pop star back then. 

1 hour ago, ViciousVixen said:

Gurrl it's been two weeks :sofedup:

more singles to be released and Apple Music/ iheart

They may try ONE more single, but that's pretty much gonna be it if it that doesn't sell and one more single is up in the air. She's a Vegas act. That's her bread and butter. Albums have no shelf life. Everyone knows that. If you don't hit it out of the park right at the start and get and keep hype, you're forced to move on. 

Archived